MUSIC SHOW 01. MC Tina, New Baby, and a Promise.

4xU. The ComeBack: AWARD SHOW SEASON!

MUSIC SHOW 01. - MC Tina, New Baby, and a Promise.

 



Two weeks of promotions had flown by for the girls, and they were surprised at how easily they fell into the routine of getting up early, rolling into the car and starting their days off with performing, sometimes even seeing fans and greeting them, the buzz of the newest girl group gaining a fair amount of attention. This morning, however, fans standing outside were surprised to see Tina get out of the car earlier than expected, making her way to the door. 

"Tina-unnie, why are you so early today?" A fan asked, gaining the visual's attention. She paused and smiled, "I'm MC-ing today, of course! Please look forward to it!" And she quickly ducked into the building to get ready with the other two MCs. 

"We match!" Minho smiled at the two other MCs, the array of jean and blue with suspenders certainly making it obvious. Tina just laughed, inspecting her mic (which had her name in sparkly pink) and her cue cards. N seemed way too excited about today, bouncing in place and smiling widely, greeting everyone happily. 

Tina glanced over, catching him stare again, "You know, you're really happy today." She commented, trying at act as casual as possible. Sure, she was overjoyed to have her boyfriend near her and interact with him, but their relationship wasn't public so she needed to exhibit self control. 

"I had three cups of coffee this morning, honestly," N admitted, scratching the back of his neck, "But you know... It kinda looks like we're wearing couple clothing --"

"You're practicing your lines without me?" Minho trotted over, having gone off to find his own MC cards and looking them over, pointing at a section, "Oh! 'But I'm wearing it too, what does that make us?'" He read off, making it overly cheesy and obviously a joke. Sometimes, fans did take the interactions between MCs a little too seriously, so it was best to play it as obviously scripted as possible. The two looked at each other, immediately jumping into the act, practicing their lines with each other while waiting for all the performers to arrive. 

A few hours later, the two vans carrying the rest of the girls of 4xU pulled up, and they all piled out, some looking more tired than others. Clara leaned against Sang Mi, her hair still in messy buns and in a hoodie far too big to be her own, and Sang Mi, fully awake, led their youngest towards the building, greeting fans as quietly as possible, gesturing to Clara's state. 

"Why is Clara so tired today, unnie?" Another fan asked after getting her autograph. Sang Mi sighed, pulling Clara closer to her, "She was staying up streaming for her choice of the winners today. Who did you vote for?" She smiled as some fans rapidly told her their choices, asking her preference. She opened , only to be ushered towards the entrance by Su-chin and a few body guards. She bowed in apology, taking Clara to their dressing room and gently placing her in one of the stylist's chairs, allowing them to start work on their youngest's face and hair.

A while later, all eight of them were reunited, causing a ruckus (aka Chase exclaiming over her lost love returning from war) and the girls gathered to see their placement in the debut stages portion. "Looks like people are voting for us, we're later on in the show than usual." Naeun smiled at the fact, they were second to last, which is a good sign for them. 

"Oh, we'll also have a small segment for the Backstage portion, three of us will go to Jonghyun's room, three to EXO's room and two to GOT7's room." Tina looked up at the rest of them, raising an eyebrow, "So who's going where?" 

"We'll decide that in a game at the beginning of the segment. We're also being interviewed alongside GOT7, so whoever goes to their room, try and make a good impression." Sang Mi also read off, looking up at the girls. They nodded, going back to getting ready and dressed, but the nerves of approaching two very well known artists, and an upcoming artist, was definitely showing on the girls. when the camera crew arrived and discussed who would stand where and the game of choice, they got into places.

"Hello, this is 4xU!" They bowed as they started rolling. "We've heard that there's a lot of popular groups coming back, and we've been sent on a mission to find out about their new songs!" Naeun announced, "And to decide who goes where, we'll do the tree game." Everyone nodded, having the board come out with the eight sticky notes for their destiny. 

"Who first, who first?" Out came the rock paper scissors to decide the order, and soon the girls had completed the game. Now was the reveal of who was going where. 

"Naeun, you're seeing... EXO!" "JJ's going to Jonghyun." "Chase, GOT7!" and so on and so forth until --

"Venus, you can call them monsters, because you're interviewing EXO!" And a small screech was heard. "Venus???" They looked over at her, and she was bright red and covering her cheeks with her hands.

"I-i can't!" She whined, "What if I make a fool of myself in front of Sehun?"

"Ah yes, everyone, if you didn't remember," Tina smiled, "Venus is a very big fan of EXO, and her bias is Sehun. We hope that you will meet him well!" And another strangled moan of dispair came from their former maknae, who stood with her group. 

It ended up like this: Naeun, Venus, and Sang Mi going to EXO; JJ, Tina, and Clara going to see Jonghyun, and Chase and Sophie managed to stick together to see GOT7. 

"...There will be mass chaos backstage, you've made a mistake letting those two be together." Sang Mi laughed as the two celebrated being assigned to the same group. Tina rolled her eyes, "Chase! What about me?" 

Immediately Chase popped over to Tina and Sang Mi, "Nothing will ever replace my love! But you must go back to war, and my other love and I must charge into battle... To out-derp GOT7! We're coming for you boys!" Chase made the 'watching you' signal with her hands at the camera very seriously, before laughing and hugging Tina once more and disappearing off screen.
 


GOT7'S ROOM:

A camera man followed the two energetic girls down the hallway, until the were met with a door that read the group that they were looking for. Chase turned to the camera, "Shouldn't we ambush them?" The man looked very confused, until Sophie jumped in, "Yes! They'll never see us coming!" Before the camera man could explain that the group was already anticipating their arrival, the two girls stood on either side of the door, knocking quickly and leaning away from the frame as JB opened the door, looking at the camera man in amusement.

"WE'VE INVADED!" The two girls yelled, suddenly ambushing and pushing their way inside, making a commotion on the inside and the camera man quickly following. As it turns out, Jackson had gotten so scared that he had fallen on the floor, taking Mark and Jinyoung with him at the same time, and Youngjae was just laughing his head off at the scene. The camera man was starting to realize what Sang Mi had said before they split up to their various missions.

"Hi, we're 4xU's vitamins, Chase," The elder of the two began, "And Sophie, please to meet you!" They finished together, bowing politely to the boy group. "We were sent because it's apparently hard to keep up with you all, and with our energy, we might have a chance!" Sophie went on to explain, and asked them to introduce themselves. 

"Come and get it, we're Got7! It's nice to meet you as well!" The seven boys chorused, and one of the ones at the end caught Chase's attention, and pretty much kept it till the end. "I'm sure all of your fans are very excited to see you on stage again, can you tell us about your new track and concept?" Chase asked, flitting her eyes to JB and back to her target, gesturing at the boys' baseball uniforms. "Ah, sure!" JB began the formal explanation of their track, finishing up with a 'thank you for asking' that brought Chase back to reality.

"Awesome, thank you for that, uhm, actually can I ask something real quick off script here?" Chase asked, then swtiched over to Tai, "You're totally Tai, aren't you?" She directed towards Bambam, who immediately lit up and also began speaking in his native language, and before anyone knew it Chase was over by Bambam speaking rapidly and everyone was very confused for a solid three minutes as this continued. 

"This is my child now." Chase declared in Korean, arms around Bambam's waist (he was a good bit taller than her and she didn't feel like stretching) causing Sophie to giggle, "Of course. This is normal for her, especially now that she's found a Tai baby. She won't steal him until after you've performed... I think." She explained to the rest, causing good natured laughter. 

The interview wrapped up on their hopes for the new track and their love for the iGOT7's out there supporting them, internationally and nationally. The camera man signalled he was done, and immediately there was more chaos, Chase and Bambam loudly screeching in Tai and Jackson attempting to get in on the conversation, while Youngjae and Jinyoung approached Sophie and began talking about her excitement to perform, with Yugyeom even coming over and introducing himself, and Sophie was so relieved to find someone finally younger than her that wasn't Clara. The camera man just slowly backed out of the room, heading towards the editing room to get this ready in time to broadcast. Young idols these days... how crazy could they get?

MEANWHILE...

There wasn't strange plans to ambush or pounce on this team's artist, having the more calm members being grouped together. Hearing a screech from down the hall, they looked down towards where Got7's room was. "Well, we're never seeing those two again." JJ joked, knocking on the door reading 'Jonghyun' with the camera man waiting patiently, film rolling. "Oh? Hello!" Jonghyun's face peeked through the door, greeting the three girls warmly. Tina bowed, "Hello, do you mind if we come in? We were sent to interview you by Music Core!" She waved her sparkly MC mic, and Jonghyun smiled, letting all three of them in. 

"I'm 4xU's Tina," -- "JJ," -- "C-clara..." The three individually introduced themselves, bowing to Jonghyun. He smiled brightly, bowing back, "Nice to meet you, I'm Jonghyun!" And surprised everyone with waving specifically to Clara, "Hello!" 

Clara blinked over at her two older members, who motioned her talk to him, "Hello..." She said softly, bowing her head. If it were possible, Jonghyun smiled wider. "You're so cute, but you don't have to be so shy around me, okay? I'd like it if everyone was comfortable around me."

She peeked up from her position, nodding and moving back by her members. Tina directly got to the point, getting Jonghyun to explain his title track and concept, and he responded with excitement and enthusiasium, it was obvious that he loved his comeback and was genuinely eager to perform and about his career. "It sounds like it's a very 'you' track, Jonghyun!" Tina commented. Jonghyun nodded, "This album is pretty much the me as an artist I've wanted to come to, I'm very excited for my fans to listen to it."

"Has Naeun listened to it? You're pretty close to her, aren't you?" JJ asked, and another genuine smile broke out across his face. "Ah, yeah, she's like my little sister, honestly! She's a fantastic dancer. But from what I saw in the showcase, all of you are exceptional dancers. I throughly enjoyed your concept and I'm looking forward to more music." He mentioned, catching the three off guard, after all, he had been busy with his own comeback, and even though he was close to one of their members, they hadn't expected him to be so blunt about his support towards their group. 

"Does this mean you have a particular favorite member? Naeun, maybe?" Tina asked, getting the cue to continue the interview from their camera man. "Well, as much as I love Naeun, I'm afraid my attention's been caught by another one." He grinned. "Who?"

His eyes glanced over to the youngest. "Clara, there's a reason I was very excited to meet you. You are very talented for someone so young, and I'm proud to admit that I am a fan of yours." Clara looked over with big eyes, face turning red and not knowing what to do with herself at the sudden confession. 

"A-ah, thank you so much, Jonghyun...." She managed to get out, bowing deeply. "I will continue to work hard to prove myself." He grinned, bowing back. 

"Oh, one more question, Jonghyun," JJ jumped in, letting Clara collect herself, "What if you win Number 1?" The vocalist thought about it for a bit, wondering what he could do. Snapping his fingers, he announced his decision, "I'll have to ask your managers and mine, but I'd love Naeun to dance with me during my goodbye stages, and Key too. I'm sure fans would get a kick out of them joining me." 

"Sounds ambitious, but we wish you the best! Thanks for talking with us, Jonghyun!" Tina waved, letting the camera man signal that he had stopped filming, and Jonghyun bowed once more. "Sorry for the sudden confession about your group and about Clara," He glanced to see how the youngest was doing, "I just wanted to encourage peple to pay attention to you all and to give confidence to Clara. I meant that I was a fan though. Could we all take a selfie before you go?" He talked quickly, pulling out his phone and they took the picture. 

"Oh, take one with just Clara." JJ offered, pushing forward the youngest. She looked at JJ and Tina with wide eyes. "I would love to! Is that okay?" Jonghyun asked, smiling. Clara nodded shyly. "Yes..."

There was a double Instagram update later that day, with the photo of the group and the individual shot with Clara, with the captions: (Group) I had the best interviewers today! I'm excited to perform for you all, please give 4xU a listen as well! I highly recommend their new mini album! (With Clara) Also my favorite, CLARA, thank you for understanding. I hope you can perform for a long time and only get better with time!
 



AT ANOTHER ROOM...

The camera man for this group was nothing if not amused, after all, the former maknae was hanging on Sang Mi's arm, begging her quietly to not to open the door yet, that she wasn't ready, and if there was a deity above to take her soul now so she wouldn't make a fool of herself. Naeun rolled her eyes, knocking on the door while the leader and Venus tussled. "Kai, open up! You've avoided the Lees for long enough!" Her voice was loud and joking, and Sang Mi and Venus scrambled to look 'normal' as the door was opened, revealing instead Chen, who was smiling widely. "Ah, are you the interviewers? Come on in!" He gestured, opening the door widely and allowing the three girls to enter. 

"We're 4xU's leader Sang Mi," "Naeun," "V-venus, nice to meet you!" The three bowed. "Please introduce yourselves, if you don't mind!" Sang Mi motioned towards the camera man, taking charge as normal. Suho led the group through the greeting, and the girls clapped as they finished, with Venus edging behind Naeun as she caught sight of none other than Oh Sehun standing less than three people away from her. Her eyes rarely left the boy, only flitting away when she had to say something and not look like a total creep. 

"It seems that we already have a connection here?" Sang Mi mentioned, making Venus almost fall to the floor in terror ad relief when turned out to be Kai and Naeun being best friends through her brother. Their already well-known relationship was joked about, "Yeah, he's like the seventh brother I've never had."; "Seventh? Why am I last?",and to that Naeun just rolled her eyes, "My other brothers are all older than you, if you haven't forgotten. You're welcome to fight the entirety of Shinee for whatever number you want." Causing a few bits of laughter from people.  Sang Mi and Suho shared a look, ready to get this interview back on track, "So, is anyone willing to talk about your concept and title tracks for this comeback--"

"I will!" Baekhyun loudly volunteered, not even letting Suho mention that he might want to. Before Sang Mi could say anything else, the energetic singer sped off on a very excited introduction and basic explanation to 'Lucky One' and 'Monster'. 

"That's really cool, what do you think, Venus?" Sang Mi attempted to get Venus to open up, and she got a small glare from the elder. "I... I personally like Monster more." She admitted, looking down at the floor. Sehun leaned forward, "We like it more too, the choreography is really nice, right?" Venus barely made eye contact with him, nodding before stepping back towards Naeun. The dancer just patted Venus' shoulder and continued with the interview, letting Venus internally scream about the fact that she just made eye contact and spoke with her idol. 

After a few more questions (including Naeun and Kai 'teaching' the main point of the choreography, then having Venus perform it -- really well, earning a lot of attention and making ehr blush even more) the girls thanks the group for their time, letting the camera man bustle off, and the three didn't waste a lot of time lingering around the group. "It was nice meeting you!" "It was nice finally seeing your face, Kai!" were Sang Mi and Naeun's instanteous responses as they left, and Sehun was the one who smiled and saw them off. 

"See you next time!" 

The door closed and Sang Mi smiled, "See, Venus you're --- Venus???" She was leaning against the wall, eyes wide. "I.. I.."

"Are you okay???"

"I just met Oh Sehun.... AND LIVED." 

INTERVIEW AT SHOW! MUSIC CORE WITH N AND GOT7.

"Welcome back viewers!" N smiled at the camera, cue cards in one hand and microphone steady in the other. "Seems that we have two groups that are seemingly pretty friendly with each other," He gestured first to the girl group, "the anticipated debut of 4xU is coming up and the exciting new comeback of.... GOT8??" He laughed as he saw Chase next to Bambam, just far enough in their lineup that it appeared she was apart of the boy group and not her own. The two groups laughed and Bambam and Chase fist bumped. It was obvious that these two were thick as thieves and in it for the long haul, despite having just met.

The interview was pretty standard, similar to the ones backstage they did, but with N inviting both groups to do a preview of each song, which JJ took the main vocal and Venus and Naeun danced a bit of the point choerography while she did so. Everyone clapped encouragingly, then letting Got7 take their turn. "A song about baseball? Hitting a Homerun? If you speak English you totally get that reference." Venus muttered to JJ, who coughed in surprise. "Venus, please!" JJ shot back, but her smile assured that she wasn't offended, just amused.

"Oh, and what are your big goals for the rest of this year and promotion period?" N asked, looking at the group. Naeun immediately spoke up, "I know that we'd like to have our first official fan meet this year!" The group looked back at her, smiling. Naeun had been eager for a fan meet recently, and it was normal, considering that fans were posting on their group's twitter asking about it. Naeun was always wanting to please the fans. JB responded, "I know that we're looking forward to the end of the year show, and are hoping for an award. Please give us and 4xU support for that!"  Sang Mi thanked JB and N for their support, mentioning that the girls also hoped for many successes in each group's comebacks and further endeavours. 

"Alright, so wait a little bit longer for 4xU and Got7's stage, and show a lot of support! Until then, this is Show! Music Core MC N with--" "4xU!" "And Got7!" The groups chorused with their names, waving goodbye to the camera as they were signalled off. Afterwards, the two groups bustled about preparing for their stages, and 4xU watched their visual as an MC backstage, laughing at the "couple clothing" part, because honestly, they were just so over how obvious the two were being, even if it really wasn't that obvious to the average viewer at all.

"Just... the way they look at each other, man." Chase rolled her eyes. "Yeah, but no one really catches that kind of stuff, right?" Naeun asked, only to laugh herself at the comment. "Nevermind. We'll just have to see how fans react to all of our little segments, huh?" Sang Mi noted, and before they knew it, recording time was over and the group was packing up and saying good bye to the staff, thanking them for their hard work and their dedication to help them. 

As they walked towards their vans, they waved goodbye to the lingering fans, thanking them and telling them to go home and eat well, as well as rest for the upcoming school week. 

"Chase-noona!! Chase-noona!! Aish, pêe săao (big sister)!" A voice called, and Chase immediately hearing her native language. There was Bambam, her now 'son' annd he seemed to have been running to keep up with 4xU. She let him catch his breath before asking him what he wanted. 

Bambam finally righted himself, sighing loudly, "Okay, this is kinda weird, but uhm... Can I have your number?" When Chase raised an eyebrow, he reddened and went to explain, "N-not like that! I just... It's nice to have someone older than me looking out for me, you know? That I can talk to home about and they get it..." He shuffled his feet bashfully, and Chase just about melted at the sight. 

"Of course, of course! Here, gimme your phone, we'll exchange numbers and you can talk to me anytime at all, okay?" Bambam split into a grin, the two quickly exchanging phones and soon, with the promise of more conversations and an already growing friendship, they parted ways. Music Shows could be repetitive, but sometimes you come out with a new friend, if you play your cards right.


 

Author's Note
Here we are: more stuff on the girls' idol lives and promotions begin! Naeun really wants a fan meet, Chase adopted a son (or six, uhuhuhu~) and Tina and N are too obvious. ALSO, if you have a concern about a love interest (you know, wanting to change it or alter something) PM me! Someone has already, and I saw someone else (sorry, I've been so busy writing this that I couldn't remember the name!!) having thoughts. I'm totally okay with that, after all, relationships come and go in the industry AND in life. Could've been a fleeting attraction, or their schedules were too hectic to match up... ya know? (Also Kim Jongdae was brought to you by the fact that he's my ult and I love him way too much. Ahem. Moving along...)
blue_gem_diamond_jewel.png