DEBUT SHOWCASE: THE REVIVAL 4xU! - I of II

4xU. The ComeBack: AWARD SHOW SEASON!

DEBUT SHOWCASE: THE REVIVAL 4xU! - I of II

 



Chase fiddled with the phone app for a minute, trying to get the darn thing set up as crew members around her were bustling around and setting everything up. The day was here. 4xU's first showcase as a group and the official start of their new journey. "Is it on?" She peered into the camera lens, and when notifications of viewers comments started popping up on the screen, she grinned. 

"Ah, hello everyone!! Yes, it's me, Chase, and this is 4xU's official Vapp before our showcase~" She did a little arm dance, her entire being practically vibrating with excitement. She paused to look at the comments.

"Where's everyone else? Well, as you see," She framed her face with her free hand, "I'm already gorgeous and ready to go, so everyone else is currently getting their makeup done. Would you like to see?" Chase waited for the comments to pop up. "The timing is so slow on this, but okay! Talk to me while we go to the makeup room, how was your day? Have you eaten? Is there anyone that's in the audience for the showcase? There's what, an hour before the show? Aaaah, it's so exciting ~" She trilled, the camera slightly shaking as she made her way down the hallway, all while trying to keep up a conversation with the fans.

"Oh wow wow wow, so many people! I can't keep up~ Oh, wait I saw something --" She looked at the comment, "Can you tell us if Suga is going to be there? Of course you guys would ask about him! The answer is no, he's an immobile rock that can't be moved -- like a boulder. There's no way he's coming!" Chase laughed, opening the door.

"Hello!" She called into the makeup room, holding the phone up at an angle. "I've come with the fans to peek at your half done faces!" She teased as some of the girls groaned and others laughed. "Go away, you!" Naeun said as best she could with the stylist working on her eyes, swatting Chase away when the older attempted to come nearer. Chase simply pouted and mumbled about respecting your elders, as the comments still flooded with positive and reactive notes about the current happenings of the group. 

"Fine, you're no fun, where's my favorite? Where, where?" She went down the line, before turning the camera around to show Tina and Sophie sitting next to each other, with Sophie's hair being done and Tina having finishing powder dusted on her completed face. 

"Ahhhh there they are!" She sang, grinning from ear to ear as Tina gave her perfect smile and Sophie made a face with a peace sign in the mirror where the camera could see. 

"You said singular favorite, pêe săao!" Sophie pointed out, trying to keep her face straight as her stylist kept fixing her hair. Tina raised an eyebrow, "She's right, Chase. Who's your actual favorite?" 

"Uuuuuh--" Chase pretended to panic with the camera, before running off, "My baby is my favorite! Clara, who's baby are you?" She joked, using a familar phrase to certain fans.

"Ah, I'm Chase-unnie's baby!" The youngest one looked up with wide eyes, her makeup having just been finished. "Ahhh, so cute! You make me so happy, Clara!" Chase squealed, pinching the youngest's cheeks. Clara just took it, all the while making a pained expression on her face. 

"Clara, it's psuedo-interview time!" Chase announced, ignoring the small protest of "Leave our baby alone!" from JJ and Sang Mi, sitting next to Clara and setting the camera up. 

"Well hello, Clara. I am Chase the MC." Chase introduced, making Clara giggle and nod. "H-hello, my name is Clara from 4xU!"

"Isn't that the group that's debuting today? How do you feel?" The elder continued, and Clara adjusted herself in the seat. "Well, I'm... uhm, Well I'm excited, and, uhm, n-nervous.... We're going to do very well today, though!" She finished, nodding. 

Sophie's hair had been finished, and the 95 liner leaned on Chase's shoulder, starting to mimic her as she talked animatedly to the younger. "So what did you do to prepare for this showcase? Can you explain the concept of the showcase?"

"O-oh, well..." Clara fidgeted, "W-we all worked very, very hard, and it was a lot of fun w-working with eveyone involved w-with the album and songs! T-the concept, is, uhm...."

"My turn!" Sophie suddenly shouted, grabbing the phone camera and scurrying to the opposite side of the room, hoping that Chase didn't bother to follow her. She laughed, looking down at the comments.

"Oh, yes, hi everyone, I'm Sophie and I'm a new member of 4xU! Hello hello!" She waved, looking around for any signs of Chase or even Clara coming after her. "Sorry, by Captain's orders, I am to ensure that Chase doesn't reveal to you the secret concept~" She grinned, "How much longer then, everyone? Can you wait?" She looked at the comments springing up.

"Wow, 45 minutes. That's so long but also so short! Who am I near... Eh--Oh! JJ-unnie!" She called, focusing the camera on the older girl. JJ looked over, having finished putting on her bracelet, and smiled at the phone's lens. "Hello, I'm JJ, also a new member of 4xU!" She greeted. 

"Yes, everyone, look at how pretty our unnie is!" JJ danced around her, showing off the elder to the Vapp audience. JJ simply blushed and pushed her away gently. "Sophie, please!" She said in English. 

"Not a chance, unnie!" Sophie responded, and immediately a huge wave of comments flooded in about their change of language. "Oh, I guess we should explain, eh? See, I'm from the Kiwi nation, represent!" She peace signed the camera, before turning to JJ. 

JJ chimed in with, "And I'm from California. So, English is something she and I slip into from time to time." 

Sophie read the comments aloud, "They're asking if any other members speak English, or how many languages in total are used in our team... JJ, I can't math. Help me." 

"Let's see... We have Korean, English... Tai, Viet, Chinese... Oh! Japanese!" She recalled, snapping her fingers. "So we're very smart combined!" Sophie spoke up. 

"Well at least with Tina we are," JJ joked, "Not sure how well we'd be off without her!" Sophie laughed at the joke, before quieting down as a voice called most everyone's attention. "Ah, okay okay! Everyone, we're going to a quick group introduction to you all, but it's almost time, so we need to completely get ready for you all!" Sophie said down towards the camera as she walked. 

Soon, the camera was shifted hands, probably to someone on staff, and the shot soon held eight girls, including the ones already seen in the short broadcast. 

"1, 2, 3," Sang Mi counted off, "This one's For You! Hello, we're 4xU!" The eight girls chorused, bowing and clapping excitedly. "You all should feel very special that was our first time doing that to someone other than the mirrors in the practice rooms!" Chase joked, and a few others nodded while others rolled their eyes at their fellow member's antics.

"Anyways, hello everyone, and thank you for tuning into our broadcast before our very first showcase!" Sang Mi announced, which induced more clapping and small happy dances from the few more outgoing members. "We're all very excited that some of you watching now are out there in the audience waiting for us, and we promise you won't have to wait much longer!" 

"Yes, we're also excited to announce that to those who weren't able to get tickets to our showcase or it simply wasn't feasible to come tonight," Tina added, "This showcase will be broadcasted on another network: Vapp itself! It's on the new Vapp Plus, so yes, it does cost coins, but we hope that you find it worth the money to watch us perform live tonight!" 

"Again, thank you so much for supporting all of us so far, and we hope to see you on stage for a lot longer, so stay tuned! This has been," Sang Mi paused, "4xU!" The other girls joined in, bowing and waving to the camera, "Bye, See you!" As the broadcast was set to 'finish' and the girls were sent into a frenzy, putting on their costumes, accessories, and last minute touch ups before curtain call.
 



The crowd wasn't truly rowdy or packed, but it was definitely fuller than most people would expect -- a lot of older, college and graduate students standing around with cameras, and many younger, fresher faces, as well as a balance of female and male fans in their seats awaited for the lights to dim and for the group they were anxious to see came to the stage. When two older, but still young women walked out onto the stage, mics in hand, the crowd fell into a hush. 

"Hello everyone, and thank you for coming!" The more petite one greeted, dressed elegantly and smiling sweetly as she addressed the crowd. "My name is Lana,"

The other one, with tousled hair and the epitome of hip hop fashion smiled as well, "And I'm Yoonji, we'll be your MCs for the evening." 

Lana nodded, "While most of you may not know us all that well, some of you may recongize me as a model, and Yoonji as a producer for Woolim."

"This is our first time as MCs," Yoonji added, "But we're really looking forward to spending a great time with you all and with the girls of the hour. And we're sure that even though we're gorgeous to look at," A few laughs from the audience made Yoonji smile, "We're more than sure that you've waited long enough to meet them."

"So without further ado, let's see the girls of 4xU!" 

Music Cued, and older fans started cheering and doing the old fanchant as if it hadn't been years since they last saw this performed live.

The original five danced their original parts, each of them stepping in on lines that were once sang by someone else, and the energy of the room was amped ten fold. Then, when the second verse came in, there was a switch -- suddenly three new girls, along with Naeun and Venus, were singing and dancing the lead parts. The bridge hit, and one by one all eight of them stepped into position, performing the last chorus together, nothing but smiles and perfection in their performance. 

As the crowd clapped enthusiasically, Lana and Yoonji stepped back onto stage, clapping and smiling at their fellow labelmates as well, letting them catch their breath before beginning the segment. 

"It seems that everyone is happy to see you girls on stage, and we're sure that many people here know you, but why don't we do individual introductions starting from the end of the line?" Lana suggested, gesturing to Sang Mi. The eldest nodded, taking the mic handed to her. 

"Hello everyone, I'm the Rythym Keeper, Main Rapper and leader of 4xU, Sang Mi!" She bowed, and loud cheers were heard on the part of being announced as the leader. She smiled brightly, handing the mic to the next person.

"Hello, I'm the Original Maknae and 4xU's Restless Triple Threat, Venus!" She greeted, blushing when cheers were heard for her, and she quickly passed the mic. 

Cheers were heard long before she started speaking, and she laughed, "Hello, I'm the Nation's Girl Next Door and 4xU's Main Dancer and Lead Vocalist, Naeun!" She smiled, waving before following the line. 

"Hello, I'm the Second in Command Mom and 4xU's Acting Triple Threat, JJ!" JJ bowed, "It's so nice to meet you!" She smiled.

Another round of unprompted cheers and screams were heard, "Oh goodness, well hello! I'm the Angelic Face and 4xU's Lead Dancer and Visual, Tina!" She bowed.

"Hello," She was shy and a few 'awws' and cooes from the audience prompted her to blush as she continued, "I'm the Almost Angel and 4xU's Lead Rapper and Maknae, Clara!" She rushed, gripping the mic and sighing in relief when she realized she hadn't stuttered, handing it to the next person.

"Suuuup?" She grinned, causing laughter and cheers, "I'm your Orange Vitamin and 4xU's Lead Vocalist and Rapper, Chase!" 

"Last but definitely not least," Sophie joked, "I'm your Down Under Wonder and 4xU's Main Vocalist and Rapper, Sophie!" Cheers resounded for the group and their introductions, and once the crowd settled down, Lana and Yoonji were ready to go with their cue cards. 

"Wow! Everyone seems to have a position and is ready to go! But one quick off the book question," Yoonji began, "We seem to have two lead vocalists and two triple threats, all while still having people who have the main positions. Is there any reason for that position seperation?"

"Well," JJ was the first to gather her thoughts, "We have our positions based on our skill level and where our strengths lie within the group. Venus is an all rounder in rap, dance, and vocal, and continues to work, so giving her the title of 'triple threat' is well earned. My area of expertise is acting, and I've been excelling at rap, dance, and vocal, so that's why I'm also considered a triple threat. Two lead vocalists with different colors of their voices help add more to whatever kind of genre is being presented. In certain songs, you'll hear more of Chase's voice, in others, you'll hear Naeun. It's good to have a diverse and talented group that can handle many types of activities and music." She nodded, and Lana smiled in approval.

"Oh, and there was the leader," Yoonji gestured to Sang Mi, "And then a 2nd in command?" She pointed over to JJ. "Is that something you also could just briefly dive into?"

"Ah, well," Sang Mi took the lead, "I'm the leader of the whole group, as voted by the members, but for me, I knew that leading all eight of us would be hard and there are certain things in a leader that you need that I most definitely lack. JJ has the qualities I lack, and even though she won't admit it, she's actually a natural type of leader. So we have a co-leader relationship and share the duties, so that having one leader with all of that stress wouldn't bear down on one of us."

"Wow, seems like you guys definitely have this figured out, thank you for explaining!" Lana nodded, "So that leads into our first interview segment called 'Who's in Charge', which can be really important when it comes to variety, interviews like this, etc. etc." She explained.

Yoonji jumped in, "Right, so first things first: While the title 'leader' is already decided within the group, the real important thing is who's in charge at the dorm?"

Fingers pointed towards JJ, Tina, and vaguely towards the direction of either Sang Mi or off stage.

"Well, it's a mix, I think is the conclusion." Naeun spoke up, "Obviously this is a difficult question to narrow it down to one member, but I think that most of us can agree that it's JJ about 85% of the time." 

"Is that so? What makes it that way?" Yoonji asked, to which Chase responded, "She makes us do our chores. All the time."

JJ started to defend herself, "I like order, and I don't like doing everyone's laundry! The only one who can use the child excuse is Clara, but she actually does her chores without asking!" 

"Mooooooom~" Chase whined, gaining a lot of laughter. "Ah, but besides JJ, is there anyone else?" Lana asked, tilting her head.

"Venus has something to say!" Tina urged, making Venus flush a bright shade of pink. "Oh, well... I think it's Su-chin..." She said softly into the mic, and everyone suddenly started nodding their heads in agreement.
 

"Who's Su-chin?" 

Sang Mi responsed this time, "She's our manager. And Venus is definitely right. Su-chin is in charge." The audience laughed again, and Lana and Yoonji exchanged encouraging smiles with the group before continuing with their questions. 

"Alright, so JJ and Su-chin seem to have a good handle on keeping these girls in line. Good to know you won't run into trouble that much!" Yoonji commented, "But there's gotta be someone who's pretty out there and is hard to keep a lid on. Any takers?" 

Immediately fingers went to the culprits. "Oooohs!" and laughter were heard as they were put front and center. 

"Well I guess we shouldn't be surprised with this one," Lana gestured towards Chase. The culprit simply grinned and made a peace sign, happy with her title.

"So what's up, are you two fighting for the 4D or Happy Vitamin title that Chase earned in debut time?" Lana asked. 

"Oh no, that title is mine, I mean, I introduced myself as the Orange Vitamin, after all, but I definitely have a LOT of help now!" She pointed towards Sophie, who grinned and bowed. 

"Yo, here to assist with all shenanigans!" She mocked saluted. Chase returned the gestured and they both laughed, bumping fists. "Yeah, soon Sophie and I will be notorious for our trouble making and joy bringing ways!" 

"Joy bringing," Sang Mi snorted, "More like migraine bringing!" Lana and Yoonji both laughed at that, while Chase and Sophie looked at each other.

"Chase!" "Sophie!"

"Our leader is in need of joy bringing!"

"Indeed, we must act immediately!" They rushed to either side of Sang Mi, before making the most ridiculious faces and making everyone in the room burst into laughter. They grinned and high-fived each other before going back to their places. 

"Well," Yoonji managed to get out once her laughter had calmed down, "It's good to know that you and your fans will have a lot of fun times in the future!" 

"Now to a very important topic, Venus?"

Venus looked up, eyes big, "Yes?"

"You used to be the maknae, isn't that right?" Lana prompted, and Venus nodded in confirmation.

"Oh good, so I am reading this right. Now it seems that two others have taken your place as the youngest in the group." Immediately people saw Sophie try and shift behind Chase, but the older had grabbed both her and Clara and shoved them forward, her cackling heard on stage. Venus also stepped forward, looking back towards JJ and Tina, but at least found comfort with Lana there. "It must be strange not being the youngest anymore, but back then, you were known for your adorable aegyo on the stage. So the question now is: Who of you three has the most aegyo and is in charge of being cute?" 

The older members all started cracking up, hanging onto one another as the game was announced. "What's so funny?" Yoonji raised her eyebrows, and Naeun answered, "Well -- it's just, Venus is a little too mature for aegyo and Sophie is just --"

"Terrible! I'm terrible at aegyo! Let the original maknae and the new maknae do it, leave me out of this!" Sophie screeched, pleading with the MCs. Yoonji just smirked, pushing Sophie back to the center with the three. "If you're so terrible, you'll be voted out first round."

"Okay, let's find out who's the cutest in 4xU, shall we?" Lana continued, "Round One: Cute expressions! Puffed out cheeks, eye smiles, peace signs, anything cute goes! Venus, you first!" 

Venus blinked for a minute, before making her eye smile and earning applause and cooing from the room. "Very cute, very cute! Okay, Sophie!" The 95 liner then proceeded to do a very contorted version of what Venus did, adding a peace sign before groaning and hiding her face. "It's no use, not cute." She groaned, and the MCs had to agree. 

"You're cute, Sophie, but no aegyo master!" Lana tried, while Sophie pretended to sulk in Chase's embrace. "Now Clara! What's your cute face?" 

"I think.... I'll wink?" Clara carefully spoke, wanting to make sure she continued to not stutter. "Oh of course!" Yoonji gestured to the audience. Clara nodded, smiling and blinking once really delibrately, all while making the 'bang!' gesture with her hand. 

"Clara? Did you wink?" Yoonji tried, looking from the audience to the girl and back. "Was that... not it?" The youngest asked, brow furrowing. "Try it again, Clara." Venus motioned, and Clara did the same thing, and it was apparent: Clara didn't know how to wink. And that was adorable. The crowd went wild and the older members cooed, making Clara turn bright red and hide her face. Which didn't help the cooing and applause, only amplifying the sound.

"Wow, everyone seems to really like the youngest's aegyo. It was really adorable, good job!" Lana encouraged, smiling. 

Yoonji continued, "So Sophie, in your best interest, it is best to leave it to the two professionals here." She gestured to Venus and Clara, who were both really pink from the attention they were receiving. Sophie just nodded, "Don't have to tell me twice!" 

"Round Two: The Cute Sayings! Things like 'I saw a ghost', the 'I like you' song, even Gwiyomi is on the table for this one," Yoonji explained, "And whoever gets the loudest cheers wins! Are you all ready to make our fingers curl?" The two girls debated in their heads for a minute, before nodding.

"Who's going first, then?" The two glanced at each other, before trying to 'discreetly' do rock, paper, scissors, which seemed to earn cooes and laughter from the audience and the members. Clara ended up losing, therefore making her go first. 

"1, 2, 3!" The countdown started, and Clara took a deep breath before starting to childishly sing, "Nah neun nuh reul sarang hae~ Sarang hae nah neun nuh reul Sarang hae! Sarang hae, Sarang hae, Sarang hae, Sarang hae -- Nah neun nuh reul sarang hae~" Everytime the saranghae part came out, she very shyly made a heart with her hands, fingers, and at the end, she made a heart of her head and added a, "Bang!" with finger guns after, before going completely red and hiding her face. The audience of course, loved it and cheered loudly for the new maknae. Yoonji patted Clara on the head in assurance, letting Lana continue for Venus' turn.

"Alright Venus, you know the drill, right? Ready? 1, 2, 3!" Lana cued, before Venus began doing Gwiyomi, trying her best not to explode from the embarrassment. She could pratically feel all the eyes on her from the audience, and it wasn't a comfortable feeling. She finished, though, finishing off with a really cute finger heart kiss to the fans, before bending over in half to compose herself. "So embarrassing, oh my god!" She hissed, trying to hold back the curses on the tip of her tongue. She was on air, after all. She could curse once the mic was well away from . 

"So cute~" Lana teased, laughing when she could see Venus mouth a vulgar phrase through her hair. "We heard your cheers, but it seems there's no clear winner. We won't make them do it again, but let's hear it once more for Clara!" She put the mic towards the crowd, pretending to gauge the cheers coming form the audience.

"Now for Venus!" Yoonji mimicked, and as the cheers died down, they looked at each other. "It looks like a tie for now! Guess these cuties will have to share the power of aegyo!" 

Lana nodded, flipping her cue card before continuing, "Seems like it. And that brings us to our last question of the first segment, and since it's titled "Who's In Charge", of course we'll have to turn our thoughts to our leaders!" She gestured towards JJ and Sang Mi, who both stepped forward. 

"We know that you all voted on the leaders, and we were wondering if there's anything anyone would like to say to your leaders before continuing on as 4xU. Anything at all!" Yoonji nodded, giving them a signal to speak freely.

"Ah... well..." Tina spoke first, "I know we said we'd avoid sad things backstage, but it's hard when the subject of leader is brought up. However, I have never had more faith in the two standing before us. They don't realize it, but they work so well seperately and together in their positions and balance each other out well. But I know that it can be stressful, so we want you all to know that we'll be here if you need us. It's okay to be overwhelmed. I can't imagine the pressure of being a leader. You can handle it, I know... But don't be afraid to lean on us when you need it." She finished, smiling warmly at the two in center. 

Yoonji swallowed, "Wow. That was beautiful, thank you for speaking on the group's behalf. Now we continue with the showcase to brighten the mood, how's that? The girls will take a few minutes to get changed, and will return with another track on their mini album! Please be patient~" She gestured, and the group on stage scattered, quickly descending the stairs and getting into new clothes. 

"Oh god, that was so embarrassing! I hate aegyo!" Sophie complained as a mic was taped on her face for their next song. The group laughed, and Naeun responded with, "It's okay, now everyone knows you're bad at it~" And the eight laughed as they got the finishing touches done, before doing a quick "hwaiting!" and going up to the positions for the next song. 

Music Began, and while the song had a different feel, the audience enjoyed the song and cheered with the sudden high note by Sophie.

Yoonji and Lana appeared again as the audience applauded the girl's performance, the group falling back into line as the next segment began. "Wow! That song was incredible, hard to believe it's not your title track! Guess we'll have more to anticipate with the end of the showcase reveal!" Lana teased the audience, before turning back to the group. 

"So, we're going to give the newbies a break and let them go off and get ready for something else and talk to the five girls that have been MIA for a whie." Lana cued, and sure enough, JJ, Clara, and Sophie left the stage, leaving the original five to the MCs. 

"This next interview segment isn't exactly named, but we knew that the fans would really want to hear from you five about your time away from the spotlight and what you did, if you don't mind us asking!" 

Naeun spoke up first, "I mostly kept training, and while I was featured in a few music videos and concerts," She remembered fondly of dancing with her brother's company on the SMTown Tour and being able to spend some much needed quality time with her brother, however strange it had been, "I mostly kept to myself and with my family."

"I remember seeing you in a few things, and you've definitely improved on your dancing! Any genre in specific that you've been working on?" Yoonji asked. 

"Oh, well," Naeun paused, "While I've been working in all areas, my brother, along with Kai and I, have been practicing more of a modern style as of late." The 'ohs' from the audience made her smile. "Nothing to show for it just yet, but I promise you'll see it someday!" She bowed, before passing the mic to the next person who was ready.

"I went back to school." Tina stated, "I wanted to get my degree and so I did." 

"Oh? For Music?" 

Tina shook her head, "Oh no, that was just my minor. My main focus was the science of Toxicology at Seoul National University." Another surprised reaction from the crowd, and Lana smiled. "We shouldn't expect anything less from the resident genius, though, huh? Have you planned for taking the Mensa exam at all?"

"I've given it thought," Tina admitted, "But honestly now's the time to focus on my career. Maybe once we've become more established and settled in the industry, I'll reconsider. But for now, it's a no." She smiled, letting the mic move on.

Sang Mi was the last, "I also went back to school, but at the Korean Academy of Film for Film Studies, of course. I also kept at the drums and training, no surprise there." 

"Oh! Looks like we have a group that's not only diverse in sound, but diverse in tastes and interests! So, while your total trainee time is probably really long, one member has had a really long time, but she's not on stage right now, is she?" Yoonji asked. 

"That's right, JJ had a trainee time of 14 years, almost half her life." Sang Mi commented, "But honestly, she's probably the best of us on stage, and she'd rather not go into detail about it on the night of her debut, if you don't mind." She covered, almost glaring at the MCs for asking such a question.

"Gotcha, personal subject and we shouldn't talk about those who aren't present," Yoonji recovered, "Now we see that between all these actitives you've mentioned, you've been really busy! But there's one thing that fans have been dying to know about: Relationships, and not the platonic kind." The crowd started to perk up and buzz with excitement, their interest peaking at the thought of a new couple being revealed tonight.

"Ah, well," Chase had the mic this time, "Like you said, we're suuuuper busy, so there's not a lot of time to meet people, much less date. Especially other idols. I know that for us as a group, there's no couples to speak of at the moment. If there is, our fans will be the first to know!" 

"People have been asking about three of you, though, if you don't mind us pushing," Lana smiled, "But it seems that Tina, Chase, and Naeun have been under investigation by some fans about certain people you've become close to."

"We'll break it down real quick and one by one, tell us friend, crush, or nothing much." Yoonji chimed in, "Chase: Min Suga of BTS or Infinite's Sungjong, Naeun: Kai of EXO or Ravi of VIXX, Tina: Hongbin of VIXX or Key of SHINee." 

The three girls in questions began laughing and holding onto each other, causing a little confusion on stage and in the audience, but they pulled themselves together and readied themselves to explain.

"Okay, Suga has been my brother's friend for years since he moved to Daegu, so he's like an older brother to me and Sungjong and I are in the same year, so we became really close in our training days." Chase went first.

"Kai is also like my brother, so just no." Naeun refuted, making a face of disgust at the thoguht of dating her friend, "And Ravi is just my friend that I got closer to over the years. VIXX and 4xU are actually close friends with each other, so you'll see us interact often, I think." 

"Hongbin's like my son, I love taking care of him," Tina then explained, "And Key's just everyone's friend, don't you think?" She earned a few laughs, and the MCs deemed the answers acceptable. "Well, you've got a point there, Tina, so without further ado, let's move onto the next question!" 

"This was mentioned in the last segment, but how large was the age difference between you and Venus, Sang Mi?" Lana asked the leader. 

Sang Mi took the mic before answering, "It's five years between me and Venus. I felt so old when I saw her, she still had baby fat and was so small!" She teased their youngest, making her turn pink but taking the torment regardless.

"And now how large is the between you and Clara?" 

"Eight years -- I'm ancient compared to her!" Sang Mi sighed, rolling her eyes good naturedly. Yoonji chuckled, "Understandably so. It's not easy being the oldest of a group with such a large age difference, but it also can't be the easiest. Can Clara come out, if she's ready?" 

Sure enough, their youngest member entered a few minutes later, nervously fidgeting with the fake glasses set atop her nose. "Aw, you look so cute~ My baby~" Chase cooed, petting her head gently as to not mess up her new hairstyle. Clara blushed, "Thanks unnie...."

"Now, you're the youngest by quite a bit, it seems." Yoonji read off the cards, "What year were you born in?"

"Oh, uhm..." Clara fidgeted for a bit, "1999..." Gasps and surprised reactions came from all around, including the MCs. "You're just a baby, oh my goodness!" Lana commented, eyes wide.

"So why do you say eight and not nine, Sang Mi?" Yoonji pointed out, and Clara raised her hand, "It's because she was born so late in 1990, she.... uhm, it's closer to eight... than nine..." Sang Mi nodded in agreement.

"Well, Clara, how is it being the youngest of this group? Is it hard bein the maknae?" Yoonji asked, putting a gentle hand on Clara's shoulder.

"I... don't think so... My unnies are very nice to me..." 

"...Well this will make our next game a little interesting -- Clara, we're going to play Yaja time, do you know what that is?" She shook her head shyly in response.

"Well, now you're considered Sang Mi's age, and she's considered your age. Everyone, including us, are now younger. You can speak as informally as you like to us for the next minute and a half." Lana encouraged. 

"Oh... I didn't realize..." She looked around to the audience with wide eyes, then back to her members. "Your time as the oldest starts... now!" Yoonji called, starting the timer.

"Uhm... okay..." Clara still spoke formally, looking at her members, "Chase- unnie... please do your laundry so JJ unnie doesn't have to... She already does a lot of the chores..."

"I-i see." Chase sputtered, trying not to laugh with the audience. "Uhm Venus unnie?" She called out, "Please stop eating all the grape skittles and leaving the bag out on the floor in the living room. It's messy..."

At this point, Clara simply chided the elder members to do their chores and to listen to Su-chin, before her time was up. Lana and Yoonji wore very big smiles, cooing at how adorable Clara was during her time as the oldest. 

"I think it's safe to say that even if she is the youngest, Clara is by far the most aware and diligent when it comes to chores, besides JJ and your manager." Yoonji joked, "Thanks Clara, we hope you enjoyed your time as the oldest!" The youngest bowed deeply before scurrying off stage, supposedly to get ready.

"Now we know everyone's dying to get back to watching the girls perform as one unit, but you'll get a treat tonight, starting with the trio that helped revive the group, and then a special performance from the original five, but first, we'll take a short break to the three can get ready and these five can take a well deserved rest and get changed properly. Stay tuned!" Lana waved, before everyone was ushered off and a countdown of 10 minutes was given on the screen behind the stage.
 

 


 

Author's Note
 PART ONE COMPLETED AND PART TWO IS SOON TO BE DONE. I'm very sorry for my sudden hiatus and disappearance, real life had some very urgent matters and then I was out of the country-- it was very hard, but i'm back and so is 4xU! Hopefully you guys haven't abandoned this story, because I'm not going to give up on it! - You guys have been SO sweet in the comments, omg ;u; bless you all, may you get many subscribers in your stories! Please anticipate part two of their debut showcase ~
blue_gem_diamond_jewel.png