How To Cook Honey Carrots

My Daily Life Living With Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

💮My Daily Life With Kim Jongin💮

How to Cook Honey Carrots

💮

There was a visible bounce in Kyungsoo’s step as he made his way to an oversized apartment-like dorm room. Anyone who was close to or in SM would probably know why Kyungsoo was so hyped and happy. Not only had he finished packing into his new room not too long ago with Jongin’s help, Kyungsoo would be sharing a dorm with Jongin once again. Strange enough, Kyungsoo couldn’t remember the last time he was this happy. The thought of Jongin’s smiling face in his head and the idea of seeing him every morning made his smile grow wider than it already was. They’d be sharing dinners together too, so Kyungsoo had brought over some groceries. He bought a bit too much, but he somehow still ending up wondering if that would be enough since Jongin had a large appetite.

Kyungsoo put the groceries on the floor before fishing through his pockets for his keys and going through each of the keys to see which one was the right one. Kyungsoo rocked his head side to side to the tune in his mind, thinking that this dorm-experience was defiantly going to bring them closer than they already were. The right key eventually pushed through the keyhole, unlocking the door with a satisfying ‘click’. As soon as Kyungsoo opened the door, he heard the T.V. blasting noises from a video game Jongin was always playing. This loud sound was accompanied by multiple grunts, muttered swears, and many ‘yesss’s’.

Kyungsoo internally groaned at the presence of Baekhyun, wondering why he was always around to ruin his happy mood and kill some of his hopes for having alone time with Jongin. Kyungsoo made his way into the nearby kitchen to put down the recently bought groceries on the counter before he followed the source of the sounds. “I’m home.” He announced rather blandly since half of his happy mood still laid dead.

Jongin instantly paused the game so he could look away without losing and at Kyungsoo. “Welcome home, hyung!” At this, Kyungsoo exhaled through his nose in happiness, feeling his joyful emotions slowly rise from the grave. The fact that Jongin was greeting him home like they were already married made a smile grow across his face, but both his renewing pleasure and smile dropped when he remembered Baekhyun was still a thing that existed in the room.

Kyungsoo hit Baekhyun on the back rather harshly with his socked foot teasingly, “Is it staying for dinner or is it going to crawl back into the hole it came from?” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at the unwanted.

“Ow.”

… That wasn’t Baekhyun’s voice at all (but still very unwanted). The unwanted turned their head up to Kyungsoo with a smile too wide for their face, “Taeminnnn.” Kyungsoo’s ‘n’ lingered for two seconds too long before he stopped it with a huge smile.

After a silence in the air, Kyungsoo realized that wasn’t Baekhyun’s voice at all. The unwanted turned their head up to Kyungsoo with a smile too wide for their face. “Taeminnnn.” Kyungsoo’s ‘n’ lingered for two seconds too long before he stopped it with a huge, forced smile.

Lee Taemin, SHINee’s Taemin, Jongin’s best friend since middle school. Taemin was kind, sweet, heart-warming, fun, rather shy around strangers but overall a very likeable person.

 “I… I thought you were Baekhyun, sorry.” Except he wasn’t sorry in the least. “I hope I didn’t hit you too hard.” In fact, he wished he had hit him harder. Taemin and Kyungsoo had been unspoken enemies for the longest time, so long Kyungsoo couldn’t think back to a time he didn’t hate Taemin. They both hated each other for the fact that they were both desperately in love with Jongin. “Are you…” He glanced between Jongin and Taemin, “Staying for dinner, Taemin.”

Jongin’s eyebrows knit together in confusion and he gave Kyungsoo puzzled blinks, “Hyung, why wouldn’t he?”

“Well, I thought Kibum wouldn’t like it if he missed out on dinner.” Kyungsoo replied, holding back a slightly aggravated tone.

“Oh, haven’t you told Kyungsoo yet?” Taemin asked, lowering his head to Jongin so they made eye contact. He looked back up at the eldest, “I’m living here with you guys.”

“Isn’t that great?” Jongin’s oblivious grin grew, showing his teeth gorgeously, “I asked for three bedrooms so Taemin could live with us! Isn’t this great, Hyung?”

Kyungsoo’s slow blinks told Taemin everything Kyungsoo was feeling. Hatred, anger, shock. It took a while for Kyungsoo’s mind to process a response to what Jongin had informed. “Oh.” That was all he could say before he turned around on his heel and walked back into the kitchen, a mix of rage and sadness churning inside of him. He felt like he was going to burst at any second.

Is there something wrong?

Just leave him be, he’s probably just surprised.

Well… Okay.

Kyungsoo could hear the short, three-sentenced conversation, followed by the loud, blasting noises from the T.V. again and laughter. Kyungsoo’s half-good-half-bad-mood had instantly converted into one where he was contemplating murder. Sure, he was going to be living with Jongin, which was his absolute dream, but we was also going to be living with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter