005

The Wild Card

 

You’re back.” Mark paused, then his phone started ringing.

Yeah, aren’t you going to get that?” She jutted her lips towards his phone.

Mark cleared his throat before picking up the call.

“I’m guessing its Jackson.” She said before walking to the windows, Mark grinned at her.

I know..The paper? No, I just saw her. In the flesh, literally.” Mark sent her a look.

She chuckled.

Yes….I’ll tell her. Goodbye.

“What did he say?”

“You spent the night at Jiyong hyung’s?”

“No, I just passed by. I’ll go get dressed then.”

“Ya.”

Yeoshin faced him, Mark stood up and stretched his fist to her. She smiled before bumping fists with him.

“It’s been a while, yeobo.”

He laughed as he saw Yeoshin’s reaction to the word.

“Say that again and I’ll pull out my shares.” She threatened.

“Go get dressed.” Mark chuckled at her before walking to his room.

 

 

“So, what’s new?” Yeoshin asked as Mark stepped in the living room, he was already dressed for work, while Yeoshin was dressed in a pair of sweats and a tank top.

“What do you mean?” Mark asked as he fixed his tie.

“You look way too happy. Like, bright sunny, happy…you know.” She added.

“Where you expecting me to be all dark and gloomy?”

“Mark, when were you not dark and gloomy?”

Mark glanced at her warily, she chuckled.

“But seriously, what’s new?”

“Hmmm, Bam Bam and Yugyeom graduated last year and I want you to meet someone.”

“So, you finally got the girl.”

Mark smiled at her.

“Good, then arrange for us to meet, I have a day to spend frolicking on the couch.” She waved him off, Mark nodded and mussed her hair.

“Call the guys, they want to meet up.”

Maybe later.” She replied before Mark left the house.

 

 

People halted as a young girl slid down from her expensive looking bicycle.

“Young miss! Welcome back!” A man clad in dark suit welcomed her, she just glanced at him and tossed her helmet to him.

“Don’t do that, that makes me queasy.” She pointed out before marching towards the building, clad in a pair of black ripped jeans, fitted crop top and a pair of leather slip-ons, draped around her shoulders was a gold Balmain motorcycle jacket.

As she stepped in people started to murmur, while most high-ranking officials of HanShin Group knew her, the employees didn’t. Yeoshin rarely appeared at the office, and by rarely it meant once every three years or so.

That is why Han Yeoshin, only heir to Hanshin is a big mystery.

 

“Your wife? Really?” Jaehee asked.

“….It’s okay…You’re okay with it, right?”

“Of course, you already told me about her.”

“You didn’t even want to know her name, you just wanted to know if she was okay with everything,” Mark pointed out, she chuckled.

“It’s an arranged marriage between you two, I have nothing to be worried about.” Jaehee smiled as she leaned back against her seat.

“Well, can you come to lunch with us?” Mark asked from the other line.

“Sure, just tell me where.” Jaehee replied before ending the call, just as she put her phone down, her father had stepped in the room with a rush.

“We have an emergency.”

“Yes, abeoji?” She stood up.

“We might have to speed up our schedule, the real owner is back.”

 

 

Mark looked up as Jaehee entered the restaurant; he greeted her with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“I’m not late, am I?”

“No, you’re just in time.” Jinyoung nodded back, Bam Bam and Jackson were both looking at the doors, anticipating for their friend to appear.

“Right, you know nothing about Mark’s wife, right?”

“I chose not to know.” She grinned.

“Hmmm, shall we give you hints?” Jackson rubbed his palms together, Mark hissed at him.

“Go ahead, Jackson.” She mused.

“She’s called goddess.”

That’s her name~” Jackson shushed Mark before he could finish his sentence.

“She’s a complete troublemaker.” JB added.

“Totally rude and blunt.” Youngjae nodded, Jaehee grew amused.

“Are you guys really friends or what?” She shook her head, just then the double doors opened. A girl with long ombre hair stepped in, she tossed her helmet at the waiter who was going to approach her.

She took off her Dior sunglasses and looked around, Jaehee glanced at the boys, they had all gone silent.

Her eyes went to the girl again, she was beautiful in a wild way. Long hair, rosy cheeks, there was a glint in her eyes that told her she was different.

The bad is back!” Jackson bellowed from his seat before running to meet the girl.

Don’t touch me.” She pressed one finger on his forehead before he could reach her, the boys chuckled.

She walked over to their table and took the seat next to Jaebum’s, she picked up Bam Bam’s juice, tossed the straw and drank it in one gulp.

“Good to see you, goddess.” Yugyeom mused.

“It’s noona for you, brat.” She pointed out before leaning back against her seat.

“Uhmm, Yeoshin~”

“You will not believe what happened today,” She snapped, the guys were all staring at her.

“Oh, yeah, I missed you too, but you visited six months ago, sans my husband. So, hi, everybody. Going back to my story, halmeoni threatened me if I don’t stay for a year, she’ll have appa’s second wife take over. Second wife! Take over! What the hell!” She shook her head as she ranted.

I mean, do you see how ty it is? I was treated like some package, delivered here and now~” She halted when Mark covered .

I want you to meet someone.

She blinked, Mark put his hand down.

“Oh, right, that girl you were pining for two years ago, where is she?” Yeoshin looked at him, Mark and the others winced.

Totally rude and blunt

“Shin, this is Jaehee, Jaehee this is Yeoshin.”

Yeoshin faced Jaehee, then she smiled and offered her hand.

 

“Nice meeting you, I’m glad you finally said yes to my husband, he rarely approaches girls first.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++