039

The Wild Card

 

 

Yeoshin exhaled as she stepped in the conference room, she found the remaining representatives and directors inside, waiting for her.

“Last week’s occurrences have affected all of us as well as the company.” She stated, they all nodded.

“And I am here to announce that I am now HanShin’s president…again.” She smiled, the representatives chuckled and nodded.

“Well, with that show you put on, president and your smart decision to sell your stocks before that, we have no doubts you can run HanShin well.”

Yeoshin just smiled and leaned back on her seat, her eyes went to Jaehee, she was sitting quietly, and most of the directors were avoiding her.

Her eyes narrowed.

“What’s your decision about HanShin Electric, president?”

“About that, I’ll be releasing a statement later, for now, let’s reschedule the meeting for next week. Thanks for coming.” Yeoshin stood up and left the room.

 

 

 

 

Yeoshin slid down from the car and stared at the building before her, she winced.

“When was the last time you were here, president?” Minah asked her.

“Before I got married.” She replied, Himchan chuckled.

“What time do you want us to pick~”

“No need. You guys should grab lunch somewhere.” Yeoshin gave them a wave before walking towards the revolving glass doors.

She was about to take out her phone when suddenly she was greeted by a big bow.

“Samonim(Madam)! What a surprise!”

She blinked at the male, her head tilted.

“Would you like me to~”

“No, it’s fine. I know where his office is.” Yeoshin fibbed before looking for the elevator.

Damn it, why did I never think of dropping by before?

She found the elevator and pressed the button, as soon as the doors opened the employees inside gaped at her.

“Samonim~”

“Don’t evacuate because of me, I can ride with other people.” She smiled at them pleasantly, the employees grew skeptic and unsure, they knew what their president’s wife was capable of.

The Chois had file bankruptcy and was shunned to society.

Yeoshin stepped in the machine, everyone held their breaths as the doors closed, and there were rumors about the HanShin president being an unreasonable woman.

 

 

Mark was waiting by the elevator, waiting. A few minutes ago, his secretary had reported that Yeoshin arrived in their building.

Then the doors pinged open, he grew amused as she saw the faces of his employees who were all standing behind Yeoshin.

Why didn’t you call?” Mark asked as she stepped out, he saw the people relax as soon as Yeoshin was out of the machine.

I tried, but then I was too busy looking for the elevator, so….” She shrugged before smiling at the employees before the doors closed, Mark smiled and took her hand.

Did you eat lunch?” She asked as they stepped in the office, she waved at secretary Noh who was arranging some files on Mark’s desk.

“Good to see you, samonim.” Secretary Noh smiled before excusing himself.

I already did, you?” Mark asked.

“Yugyeom came over with pasta, so we ate at the office.” She replied then she turned silent, Mark’s brows rose.

“Is something wrong?” He asked as he sat across her.

My father called me earlier, he told me your parents are here. And good news is that, halmae just woke up and she’s looking for us.

Mark winced.

Please tell me my father lied and you haven’t been ignoring your parents’ calls.” She asked, Mark grew sheepish.

“Heol.” Yeoshin mused before standing up and plopping beside him, she propped her feet up on the mahogany coffee table before glancing at him.

I thought they left after the party.” Mark stated.

Just because they left that doesn’t mean they can’t fly back.” She shook her head, and then she tilted her head.

“But we really do owe them explanations…tons of explanations especially…with halmae.” She shrugged, Mark looked at her and poked her cheek.

And did I mention about dinner later?” She asked, Mark shook his head, clueless.

Well, we’re both in for a ride.” She flinched, Mark just smiled and stood up.

“How about we step out for a bit?” He asked as he took his coat of the rack.

Step out as in fly to Hong Kong or Singapore? Somewhere our parents will not be able to reach us?

Mark shook his head and just walked to the door, Yeoshin grumbled before picking up her Chanel purse.

 

 

Do you even understand the danger of this?” Yeoshin asked as Mark ate his ice cream, they were walking around the busy streets of Myeongdong.

Mark had one arm on her waist as they maneuvered through the crowd.

It’s just dinner.” He pointed out.

I cant face your parents, Mark..After what I’ve done…I don’t think I have the face to~

Mark paused, his brows meeting briefly.

He knew there was something else that bothered his wife.

“Shin, we both made mistakes, at least you were strong enough to~”

Mark, I basically used you to secure my position. Your parents, unlike my father, believed or…hoped that what we have is real. To be honest, I’ve always wanted to please them since I was young. I wanted them to like me. But now, after those photos of me and~

“Stop. You’re not making any sense here, Shin. What we have now isn’t the same as before, yes, we used to pretend that we were blissfully married, but that was before everything was settled down. And, you didn’t use me, Han Yeoshin.”

“It was part of our deal, being married to you secured the company’s hold in Korea, and being married to me strengthened your claim to HanShin.” Mark finished.

Yeoshin sighed, Mark just pulled her closer with a smile.

You’re overthinking things.

“Easy for you to say, you’re always calm and collected Mark Tuan.” She rolled her eyes, Mark chuckled.

You never saw me panic?” He asked.

“Do you even know how to?”

“I panicked once, in front of you.”

“When?” She asked before taking a spoonful of his ice cream.

“When you placed those divorce papers on the table, I didn’t know what to do. I was thinking maybe you wanted to go back to Chanyeol.”

She shook her head before taking another spoonful again.

“But, I was thinking,” She said as she put the spoon back, Mark tossed the empty cup on the trash bin.

“What should we tell them?”

“About us? The truth. That after being married for three years, we’re still in the dating period.” Mark teased, Yeoshin laughed.

“Right.”

Mark smiled and just squeezed her waist.

“So, just relax.” He chided before kissing the side of her head.

Excuse me, Mr. and Mrs. Tuan?

They both froze and turned behind them, Mark winced as he recognized his mother’s assistant.

I told you to switch off our phones.” Yeoshin pointed out, somehow she felt like a high school student who had been caught cutting class with her boyfriend.

Mister Chang, what~

A black Rolls Royce rolled over across them.

Your parents are waiting, sir. They are also expecting president Han.

Okay.” Mark faced his wife, he was grinning mischievously.

What?” She asked as she slid inside the vehicle.

Shouldn’t you be carrying my name too? We got married in the US, I don’t remember you choosing not to~

Mark, we have more pressing matters here.” She said as the car started to move.

Last time I checked your English name is Alexa H. Tuan.

 

I do sign my name with Tuan, so don’t worry.” She mused; Mark just leaned back on the leather seats with a happy smile on his face.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++