032

The Wild Card

 

Yeoshin glanced around, she made sure that she was far enough from the hotel when she parked the car at a nearby park.

She exhaled and put on her coat before taking out her phone from her purse, and then she slid down from the Maserati.

“Good evening, Mrs. Tuan, to what do I owe this pleasure?”

“Don’t Mrs. Tuan me.” She replied, the female from the other line smiled.

“What is it, cousin in-law?” She asked again, Yeoshin leaned against the car’s hood.

“I met Suho oppa earlier, he said you’re flying back tomorrow.”

“Yeah, I am. Why do you ask?”

Yeoshin looked at the starless night sky.

“Unnie, I need a lawyer…can you be mine?”

Honey, you own HanShin and Samsung, you have two powerhouses filled with corporate lawyers.” The female stated flatly.

“No, I can’t use them, this is..something..They wont help me with.”

What?! You killed somebody?” The girl shrieked, Yeoshin winced and smiled.

No, I want to file for divorce.

 

 

Mark brows furrowed as he tossed the files back on his desk with a loud thud, then he glanced up as he head the door open.

His secretary escorted Jinyoung in the room then he left.

“There’s something I need to discuss about.”

Mark nodded at his friend, Jinyoung sat down on the mahogany tones leather seat and looked at his friend.

“What’s happening between you three?” He asked in a direct manner, in their group, he was the only one who could pinpoint what was bothering their quietest friend.

“Junior, it’s~”

“Not nothing. From the very beginning, I asked you that we would always choose her side, but that didn’t mean it’s okay if she would end up getting hurt.”

“I..tried fixing things…I just..there are some things…”

“You can’t control.” Jinyoung finished; Mark was facing the windows, his shoulders tensed.

“So, who is it, hyung?”

Mark faced his friend, he didn’t know what to say.

Jinyoung could not help but smile.

“We should give Jackson a big pat in the back, he was right all along.” He started, Mark’s brows rose.

“He said that..you never really got over you so called crush on Yeoshin.”

“I~”

“I guess it wasn’t just a crush.” Jinyoung said.

“I tried not to fall for her again, but having her around now….it’s different.”

“How is it different? We all know how you watched over her while she was in the US.”

Mark looked away.

“Hyung, if it weren’t for you, she would have gotten kidnapped, or her relationship with Chanyeol would be exposed. You always have loved her. I can’t even fathom why you went for Jaehee.”

“I thought how I felt for Jaehee was..it, you know.”

“You’re wrong, Jaehee just made you feel safe…Like, she wouldn’t leave you, but look now, hyung.”

Mark exhaled.

“You’re leaving Jaehee because your eyes are always on Yeoshin.”

“I ddint know it would come to this, Jinyoung-ah.”

“What I’m saying is, clear everything up with Jaehee before anything happens.” Jinyoung replied, his brows meeting briefly.

“Chanyeol’s back in town, Yeoshin…Yeoshin wants me to let her go~”

“Then don’t!” Jinyoung snapped.

“You love her, why are you letting her go?” He stood up, Mark looked away.

“So, please, just end things with Jaehee and go to Yeoshin. Tell her..everything.”

“If I do, I might lose her.” Mark stated.

“I give up, hyung.” Jinyoung shook his head.

Junior~

“When Chanyeol showed up at that party, did she go to him? Did she leave your side when he appeared?” Jinyoung asked.

“She chose to stay with you, hyung. She chose you.”

Mark just shook his head as Jinyoung walked out of the room.

 

 

 

“Your decision is wise..and effective but..we could have thought of something less destructive..but you’re the boss, so..” Daehyun scratched the back of his head as he kept up with Yeoshin.

“He’s right, president.” Himchan nodded, Minah was typing on her phone as they walked.

“What time is lunch with the directors you mentioned?” She glanced at Minah.

“In an hour, president. And that thing you requested for, it’s in your office.”

Yeoshin smiled at her.

“Thanks, Minah.”

“But, president..are you sure about this?” Daehyun pressed again as they got inside the elevator.

“It’s the only way, I~”

The doors were prevented from closing, Jaehee was looking at her.

“I need to talk to you….alone.”

Yeoshin paused, she glanced at the three before nodding for them to leave.

“But president~”

“It’s okay, ride the other one.” She cut him off, the three left as Jaehee entered.

 

The doors closed, Yeoshin glanced at Jaehee as the machine moved.

“What~”

“I know you know, Han Yeoshin.” She said flatly, Yeoshin paused.

“Know what?”

“That I’m going to take your spot.”

Yeoshin’s smile was humorless as she glanced at her reflection on the steel wall.

“So?”

Jaehee shook her head.

“So, let go of Mark.”

“If I let go of him, will you stop wanting to take what’s mine?” She faced her, the edge on her voice was clear.

“Do you even deserve that throne, Yeowang?” Jaehee asked in an insulting manner.

“That’s not what we’re talking about here, it’s my throne. Of course, it’s mine.”

“Do you really want to cling on that seat so much?” Jaehee started to smile as she took out something from her purse.

Yeoshin grew still as she saw the black and white photos on Jaehee’s hand.

“You…”

“Park Banking Group, huh? Well, I applaud you, you have quite a taste for elite young bachelors.”

Yeoshin’s jaw grew taut.

“So….let go of Mark before I destroy this immaculately pristine image of yours.” Jaehee stepped towards her, Yeoshin smirked and stepped forward. Jaehee paused, confused.

Yeoshin grew annoyed with the girl before her, she wanted to tell her that Mark and her would separate soon, but now she just wanted to fight back.

And she enjoyed challenges.

How about I try pushing your buttons, thieving manipulative ?

“I don’t care if you try to destroy my image, but you see, Mark Tuan is mine, and he has always been mine, so get lost, will you?”

“Do you really want people to find out what you’ve been doing or whom you’ve been doing for the past year?” Jaehee cackled.

“You know what, I used to hold back because I know you are important to Mark,”

“But right now, please realize that I have the money and power to have you killed in this very elevator, so stop trying to undermine me, because, honey, I can make you disappear without people finding out.”

The doors pinged open, Jaehee was frozen on her spot. Yeoshin pulled her Hermes purse closer to her and turned to her.

 

 

 

“And, if you want to release those, go ahead. I’m sure my stock value would survive the hit..like it always has.” Yeoshin smiled at her before handing her bag to a waiting Himchan.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++