029

The Wild Card

 

 

“Well, guess who went all out.” Jinyoung mused as they entered the glass dome.

“All this just to show how much support they are willing to give to our baby girl.” Jackson smiled before taking a glass of champagne from the waiter.

“Whoever’s trying to kick her out is crazy.” Yugyeom shook his head as he went with his friends.

Botanic_Gardens.jpg

“Come to thinks of it..it’s like challenging Samsung too.” JB nodded.

“I saw Suho hyung earlier, they’re probably here because of Yeoshin. Do you think they know?” Jackson asked.

“Most likely, but who do you think wants to steal Yeoshin’s seat?” Jinyoung asked.

“I don’t know…but whoever they are, they’re being stupid.”

 

 

I still don’t understand what this party is for, really.” Yeoshin spoke as they got inside the elevator, Mark grinned at her.

She was clad in a simple all white crop top and A-line skirt ensemble, on her feet were a pair of Valentino flats.

“It’s reminding people that Tuan Group of Companies supports you and whatever you decide for HanShin.”

I know that..but all this..” She winced, Mark just smiled and took her headn as the doors opened.

It’s better this way, Lex.

Yeoshin nodded quietly as they entered the hall, but she couldn’t help but let her thoughts linger.

It’s better if we separate.

Ma, Pa,” Mark said as they approached his parents, Yeoshin smiled as she faced the elders.

It’s been so long, ma.” She greeted as she hugged the lady.

I hope my son has been taking care of you well, Alexa.” Mister Tuan took her hand.

Of course.” Mark mused, Yeoshin chuckled.

But a party this huge, pa, it’s a bit~

Uncalled for? Of course not.” Mrs. Tuan shook her head.

We only have one daughter, we must take care of her.

Yeoshin just smiled sheepishly.

 

 

“Those are the Tuans?” Jaehee echoed, her friend nodded.

“You think the Hans are elusive?” Songha asked as she glanced at the elegant couple.

“The Tuans don’t like associating with people they do not trust, they don’t initiate friendships with others they don’t know.”

“But..Mark..doesn’t seem that way.” Jaehee said.

“He got free of that hold the moment he married Yeoshin.” Minkyung stated.

“But..does your father really want to go on with his plan? It might be difficult.” Songha looked at her friend, Jaehee smirked.

“What’s so difficult about uprooting a brat like her?” Jaehee said, then the room became quiet.

“What’s this?” Jaehee looked around, her eyes landed on the two handsome males, clad in sharp black and white suits that had entered the room.

“Oh my god, how could we forget?” Minkyung murmured, Jaehee blinked, then she saw Yeoshin break away from Mark and approached the two males with a smile on her face.

“Those…guys,” Songha paused.

“Do you know them?” Jaehee asked.

“The Samsung brothers, Kim Junmyeon and Kim Jongin.” Minkyung recited.

“You shouldn’t have said that it’s not difficult to uproot Han Yeoshin.” Songha faced her.

“Why? Do you think she can run HanShin better than I can?” Jaehee shook her head.

“Those two..are her cousins, the three of them are the only heirs of Samsung, and everyone knows how big that company is.”

 

 

“So, tell me where that thieving bastard who wants to~”

Yeoshin shushed Kai as she took his arm.

“Don’t.”

“You said you needed our help, let’s put her in a sack.” He chuckled, Suho rolled his eyes, and then he sent Kai a look as Mark approached them.

“Hyung, Kai, nice to see you.” Mark shook the two’s hands.

“Yeoshin wanted us to come, how have you been doing?” Suho said.

“Well, despite the fact that people are observing us like lab rats right now, we’re good.” Mark smiled, Suho chuckled.

“Ya, no matter what happens, our little girl should not get hurt, okay?” Kai queried, Yeoshin winced.

Mark blinked, Yeoshin smiled before pushing Jongin away.

“Well, he’s had a lot to drink already, let’s go find the guys.” Yeoshin asked, Mark nodded and excused themselves from the brothers, he had one palm resting low on her back as they approached their friends.

What happened at the plane, I…was just..really sleepy.” Yeoshin started softly, Mark glanced at her but he nodded.

I understand, I don’t even dare wake you up.” He teased, Yeoshin chuckled, relieved that he wasn’t mad at her.

I’m guessing that only made things worse between you and Jaehee?” She asked.

She’s been..asking things from me lately.

Yeoshin nodded, Mark just pulled her closer to him.

It’s a bit unreasonable, so…I need to think about it.” He murmured while pressing his nose on the crown of her head.

Well, if you need to talk, we live in the same house, so…I’m just here.” She smiled. Mark was about to reply when a male had approached them. In an instant, Mark felt his wife stiffen under his hold.

 

 

“Yeoshin….hi.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++