028

The Wild Card

 

 

The plane landed smoothly, Yeoshin’s hair was in a high ponytail as they stepped down the steel stairs.

Mark was in front of her, talking with his assistant.

Her brows furrowed, she had no idea what had gotten into her. She wanted to be level headed about everything, she wanted to be calm, but the moment when she saw Jaehee demanding Mark to come with her ticked her off.

Her fingers curled around the Evian water bottle she was holding.

I need a drink.

She shook her head; she felt a hand on hers.

Do you want to take the limo or, the Rubicon?” Mark asked her, she glanced at her friends then at him.

I need to meet some people. I’ll see you at the hotel, okay?” Yeoshin faced him, she saw Mark frown.

Shin, if this is about~

No, I was just….cranky from sleep. We’ll talk later.” Yeoshin kissed his cheek, just for show before following Himchan and Daehyun to a waiting Bentley.

Mark’s brows met before Jackson pulled him to the limousine.

You have to talk to her, its obvious something’s bothering her.” Jackson said as they got in.

Bam Bam nodded across them.

“It wont be long until she breaks down and becomes reckless. And we all know what happens when Yeoshin cannot be reasoned with.” Jaebum stated.

 

 

1-yacht.jpg

Yeoshin looked at the luxury yacht docked before her.

“I wont be long.” She told Minah before approaching the man who was waiting for her.

“It has been a long time, young miss. Or is it president Han now?” He said as he helped her get to the yacht.

“Young miss still makes me flinch, don’t even call me president Han.” She replied to the secretary with a smile.

“Okay then, young miss. The chairman and director are both waiting for you upstairs.”

She thanked him and climbed the steps.

“Yeoshin!” Her older cousin smiled and welcomed her with a hug.

“Oppa, how are you?” She chuckled when he let her go, the young chairman of Samsung, Kim Junmyeon, or Suho to his family pulled her to sit.

“I’m okay, but your phone call made me worry. Is everything alright?”

“Not really…I came here because I need your help.”

“Help? The Han Yeoshin needs help?” A deep voice joined them, Suho’s younger brother, Kai strolled to them, he was clad in a pair of board shorts and his hair was damp.

“Kim Jongin.” She warned before the male tackled her with a hug, she winced as she felt water drop on her shirt.

“I missed you, brat.”

“Me? Not so much.” She shrugged at him, Kai rolled his eyes and sat before them.

“What is it, princess?” Suho asked, the three had always been close since they were infants. The two male Kims were Yeoshin’s only cousins. Suho and Kai’s father was her mother’s older brother.

“You both know the truth about Mark and I.”

“The sad reality that we will never have a niece or nephew.” Kai nodded, Yeoshin swatted him away.

“Well, it’s his girlfriend who wants to take my position.”

“…Wait, this is what we discussed over the phone? When you told me someone was planning to take you out..buying votes..?” Suho blinked.

“Yes, I just found out it was his girlfriend and her father.”

“In this case, you can’t really report it to the authorities, it will just endanger the company.” Kai turned serious, Yeoshin nodded.

“What do you need us to do, Shin?” Suho asked, Yeoshin bit her lip and faced them.

“Don’t worry, princess. We got your back.” Kai grinned at her.

 

 

Mark sat down across Jaehee, he was fidgety and tensed.

“Did you get it ready?” She asked him.

“..What?”

“The divorce.”

Mark halted, it felt like being slapped with a reality he did not want to get in touch with.

“Jaehee, what you’re asking me to do…is unreasonable. I can’t do it.”

“You can’t or you won’t?” Jaehee asked, Mark exhaled.

“If I divorce Yeoshin now, her hold of HanShin will be threatened. You know that.”

Jaehee shook her head and smirked.

“If you do this, Mark…”

“So, please, stop asking me to do this.” Mark finished.

“Are you choosing her over me?” Jaehee asked softly, she felt tears threaten to fall on her cheeks.

“All I’m asking is for time, Hee. We talked about this, I can’t do this to Yeoshin.”

“It’s always about her!”

Mark didn’t reply.

“You don’t see her as just a friend, huh?”

“Hee~”

“Can you even see how you act around her?” She asked then she stood up and walked away from him. Mark closed his eyes and kicked the coffee table away from him in frustration.

“Mark?”

He looked up, Yeoshin was making her way to him, she was alone.

If I tell you about problems about you, you’d just run away.

“Is something wrong? What will Bam Bam say when he finds out you’re trying to destroy his hotel. ” She said lightly, Mark felt himself relax.

He’s back in town, Shin. That man you risked everything for. He’s back and that means I have to let you go now.

“Mark? Markiepoo?” She blinked at him, Mark just exhaled and walked briskly to her, Yeoshin yelped as Mark roughly wrapped his arms around her.

Hey, is something wrong? I can almost feel the steam coming out from your ears.” She said light heartedly, Mark just buried his nose in her hair, the scent of her hair made him calm down and arrange his thoughts.

Yeoshin’s brows met, but she stayed still. She could feel her insides tensed as Mark just pulled her closer.

Mark? Is everything alright?” She asked softly, not knowing how to deal with him.

 

 

 

Can’t you just choose me over him?

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++