027

The Wild Card

 

 

Look, it’s my favorite nappeun GZB.

Yeoshin grinned as she joined the two at their table.

“How’s everything? You’re all “company president” and serious now, huh?” Jiyong mused, Yeoshin rolled her eyes at him but she smiled at Chaerin.

“Unnie, when did you get back? I heard about the US debut, congratulations.” She grinned at her.

“Just a few days ago, how come you’re alone? The husband is busy?”

Well, yeah.” She winced, the two chuckled.

“So, what’s up, oppa?” Yeoshin looked at Gdragon.

“Well, I saw you in the news, well I see you everyday in the news. I know how much you hate that. I just wanted to check on you.”

“And, her having lunch with you wont land her in the news again?” CL pointed out, Jiyong ignored the girl.

“Well, I’m still..kind of getting used to it.” Yeoshin said as she browed through the menu.

“Tell me honestly, look me in the eye, and say that nothing’s bothering you.”

Yeoshin looked away, her brows furrowed.

“I know you’re not the type to share your problems, but we’re here for you, sweetie.” CL reached for arm.

“There’s things…I cant tell my other friends. To be honest, it does get aggravating and suffocating.”

The two looked at her.

“Remember Mark’s girlfriend?”

“Right, Choi Jaehee?” Jiyong replied, Yeoshin nodded.

“When I took over HanShin, I found out some stuff about her and her family.”

“Like what?” CL leaned in.

“Her father has been buying out votes from other representatives to kick me out. Then after they’re done with me, Jaehee will take the seat as president.”

So, tell me, Shin, why is she still breathing now?” CL asked flatly, Jiyong sent her a look.

“You should tell Mark, sweetie. He has to know this.”

“Unnie, I’ve already become such a big hindrance on their relationship. Ever since I returned, they’ve always been fighting and I know that it’s because of me.”

“Their relationship or their feelings does not matter if she is planning on stealing what’s yours, Shin.” The older male reasoned with her.

“Oppa, I just…I just don’t want to hurt Mark, okay? The only escape route I can see is that I divorce him before I…face the problem with the Chois.”

“Divorce?” CL was stunned, Jiyong leaned back on his seat.

You’re still letting her steal what’s yours if you divorce Mark.

“Shin…” CL looked at her, Yeoshin just shook her head.

“Right, you said you were flying to Jeju this afternoon?”

“Yes, that’s why I cant stay long.” She said guiltily.

“It’s okay, at least we got to see you.” CL squeezed her hand, they heard a loud honk behind them. Yeoshin glanced behind her; Mark was leaning against the Rolls Royce’s door.

He gave Jiyong and CL a friendly smile.

“That’s my cue to go, you guys take care.” Yeoshin stood up from the table and walked out of the restaurant.

“I don’t believe that she wants to divorce him.” CL said.

“She doesn’t know how much Mark took care of her while she was in the US.”

“He did? I thought he was here the whole time.”

“Well, yes. Yeoshin was almost kidnapped twice when she was there, but Mark had actually assigned a security detail for her. But she didn’t know about it.”

 

 

 

“Actually,” Mark cleared his throat as the car sped away from the restaurant, Yeoshin looked at him.

“Jaehee called me to say that..she’s coming later with her father.”

Cool.” Yeoshin nodded, Mark leaned back on his seat.

It felt weird, Yeoshin wasn’t acting herself around him and he didn’t like it.

Shin?

She glanced at him.

Is everything alright?

Yeoshin nodded and just leaned her head on his shoulder; Mark smiled and kissed the top of her head before looking forward.

But he didn’t see it, he didn’t see how Yeoshin frowned and her tears threatened to fall.

 

 

Yugyeom yawned, Yeoshin smiled and just wrapped one arm around his waist as they walked to the waiting jet.

“It’s good to have everyone for this short getaway.” Jinyoung said as he joined the two.

“I intend to sleep, can I not be seated next to Bam Bam?” Yugyeom murmured, she chuckled.

“Why is she here?” Jackson demanded in a harsh tone as he saw Jaehee alight the car with her father.

“The directors of HanShin were invited too.” Jaebum said lowly.

“It’s power play, hyung.” Bam Bam whispered as he inched closer.

“What?”

“Remember when Yeoshin noona said that one of the subsidiary presidents is trying to buy out votes?”

“To topple over Yeoshin, yes.” Jackson nodded, JB looked at the younger male.

“I think uncle and auntie heard about it, so they’re trying to show whose side they are on.” Bam Bam stated.

“This way, they’ll doubt whether they should oppose noona.”

 

 

oman-air_a330_be-aerospace_2.jpg

Yeoshin was about to take her seat beside Yugyeom when Mark pulled her.

“You have to sit with me.” He said, she nodded and gathered her Chanel backpack and followed him.

You look like you need sleep.” Mark stated as they sat down.

I had a lot to finish last night, mind if I clock out first?” She asked, Mark handed her Hermes blanket and placed it on her lap.

Yeoshin just draped the blanket on her lap and closed her eyes, Mark’s brows furrowed and he took out his phone.

Soon, they were already up in the air, Yeoshin had inclined her seat and had snuggled closer to Mark for warmth.

Mark was browsing through his phone as she slept, then he felt someone stop before them.

“Jaehee.” He spoke, Jaehee was looking at him, then her eyes went to Yeoshin and her arm which was looped around Mark’s.

“I want to talk.” She spoke, Mark felt Yeoshin stir. She sat up and blinked, her eyes went to Jaehee.

“Hee, there are other people~”

I was sleeping.” Yeoshin mumbled, she pulled her blanket upwards.

“I need to speak with Mark.” Jaehee pointed out, her tone sharper than the usual. Jackson and Youngjae had instantly stopped walking. Yeoshin’s left brow rose.

With a small wave of her hand, the flight attendants had pulled the curtains, dividing them from the other passengers aboard.

“I rarely get to sleep nowadays because of work, and all I was just asking for is just a few minutes of it before I need to deal with people when we land at Jeju, and now,” Yeoshin spoke, her eyes still on the drink on Mark’s table.

Jaehee stared back at her.

“Never disturb a sleeping lion.” Jackson murmured slowly, Bam Bam nudged Jaebum, asking him to calm Yeoshin.

“President.” Daehyun came walking to them.

“If you want to talk with my husband, can you at least let it wait? This area was reserved just for us, I don’t know how you were able to roll in our turf.” Yeoshin faced her.

Lex, wh~

“ her out.” Yeoshin glanced at Daehyun, the male nodded.

“Yeoshin, how could you~” Jaehee stared at her, offended.

“Do you need me to call my security?” She replied, Daehyun panicked.

“She’s going.” Mark stood up and stirred Jaehee away. Yeoshin left her seat and walked over to a private room, Daehyun winced and followed his boss.

Okay…what was that?” Jackson blinked.

“She was angry..did you see that?” Yugyeom was amazed.

“We rarely see her like that, what happened?” Youngjae asked, then they saw Mark rushing back in their area.

“That…didn’t look well.” Jinyoung frowned.

Jaebum shook his head and watched as Daehyun told Mark that Yeoshin wanted to be alone.

 

“Something’s wrong, and typical of Yeoshin to want to resolve it on her own.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++