026

The Wild Card

 

Yeoshin yawned and opened her eyes; it was then she realized that she was still inside her old room. She felt something warm on cheek, she blinked, its Mark’s breath, softly caressing left cheek. She could not help but smile, Mark had one arm around her as if protecting her from something.

She slowly put his arm down and sat up.

How many comfortable moments like this had passed between them? How many unguarded situations that she did not see how much she needed this man?

She sighed and leaned over to look at his face.

But I have to let you go.” She whispered before exiting the room.

 

Yeoshin sat on the edge of the pool, her feet submerged in the water.

“You should eat something.”

She looked up; a groggy Mark had joined her in the indoor pool area.

You need to sleep more, secretary Noh told me you switched flights.

I heard about what happened, why did you have to hide?” He asked before taking a seat on one of the beach chairs.

I..felt weak, I didn’t want people to see that the new president was weak.

Shin, it’s okay to be weak sometimes.” Mark said softly, Yeoshin glanced at him.

For me, it’s not.

Then the doors opened, their family butler was about to announce something when Jackson, Jinyoung, Jaebum, Bam Bam, Youngjae and Yugyeom walked in.

“Well, the young masters are here.” The butler shook his head before leaving.

“Noona!” Bam Bam rushed to her, he plopped down beside her and hugged her closely while pressing his cheek against hers.

“We were all so worried.” He whined. Mark just grinned at the two, then he felt Jaebum looking at him.

“How is she?” Jinyoung asked softly.

“She didn’t want people to see her..in this state.” Mark murmured, they all nodded.

“People tend to judge her rashly because of her position.” Jaebum sighed.

“I thought you had that quarterly meeting…isn’t that supposed to be today?” Jackson looked at the older male.

You expect me to worry about that when Yeoshin disappeared earlier?” Mark asked back, Jackson just blinked.

“She has a security detail.” Jackson stated.

Well, they’re not enough.” Mark shot back, JB and Junior glanced at each other.

“Fine, sheesh, you and your temper.” Jackson muttered before joining Yeoshin and Bam Bam.

“It’s going to be difficult her once the board of directors find out about halmae’s declining health.” Jinyoung stated, Youngjae frowned.

“Remember that time when we accidentally destroyed two of her bonsai trees?” Youngjae spoke, the boys could not help but smile.

“She didn’t punish us, but she made us clean out the garage.” Yugyeom chuckled softly.

“She treated us like her own grandchildren.” Youngjae sighed sadly.

 

 

Yeoshin left the boys by the pool and walked to the kitchen, the kitchen staff looked uncomfortable as the young master Im manned the stove.

“It’s fine, you can all go and rest.”

Yeoshin watched as the staff left, then she felt Jaebum looking at her.

“What is it?” She asked as she leaned against the counter.

“It’s not just halmae’s situation that’s bothering you.” He said.

“No,~”

“It was a statement, not a question.” He said as he sliced some onions, Yeoshin shut .

“What is it?” He asked, Yeoshin exhaled.

“It’s just..company issues, that’s all.” She shrugged.

“How big can this issue be that you have to lie to me?” Jaebum chuckled softly.Yeoshin glanced at him.

Well, my husband’s girlfriend is trying to steal my inheritance, but all is good, Jaebum!

She shook her head.

“I’m serious, it’s just that.”

“And you’re also worried about Mark.” Jaebum finished for her, she blinked at him.

“JB~”

“I can see it in your eyes, Shin. You don’t want to let go.”

She halted.

“..Ya, what~”

“Letting go of Mark, you can’t do it.”

“I know what I have to do, it’s all part of our deal.” She explained.

“What if he doesn’t want to? What if he chooses you over Jaehee? What will you do?”

Yeoshin paused, her brows furrowed deeply, Jaebum sighed and washed his hands. Then he faced his friend who has been with him for over twenty years.

“Shin, you know that whatever happens between to you and Jaehee, you know we will always choose you over her. So, don’t let her pull you down. I know that you feel conflicted because Mark and her have been fighting, but you don’t have to step back for her.”

“Jaebum, Mark would never choose me over her, it’s crazy.” She smiled, JB’s brows rose.

He’s been doing it since they even started going out.

“You’re our Yeoshin, we just want you safe and not hurting, so smile, gongjunim.” He grinned at her before going back to the stove.

 

 

“A private jet from the Tuans?” Yeoshin looked up from her pancakes, Mark paused and looked at secretary Seo.

“But, if they tend to invite the other representatives, shouldn’t we be the one providing the plane?” Yeoshin glanced at Mark, who just gave her a shrug.

“Yes, we did think of declining it, young miss. But once they realize that the Tuans were the ones who provided the jet, it will only solidify your union with president Tuan and it also serves as a reminder to them too.”

“That Han Yeoshin cannot be taken down easily.” Yeoshin rolled her eyes and sipped on her coffee, Mark grinned at her.

“And, this also manifests your good relations with your in-laws.”

Yeoshin grinned.

“Mark’s parents are the coolest.” Yeoshin mused. Secretary Seo bowed and left the two.

“Right, don’t you have to visit halmae before going to work?” Mark asked.

Yeah.” Yeoshin said as she drank her coffee.

“Then, I’ll come with~”

His phone started to ring, Yeoshin’s eyes went to the screen.

Jaehee

She pursed her lips.

“Take that.” She said, Mark’s brows furrowed, he picked up the gadget.

“Jaehee, I~” Mark was about to stand but Yeoshin reached for his wrist.

“Letting go of Mark, you can’t do it.”

Her brows met, Mark looked at her questioningly.

Don’t forget, we have to visit halmae before anything else.” She smiled at him before letting go.

Yeoshin watched as Mark walked to the garden while talking on the phone

What am I doing? He’s free to go anywhere anytime!

 

She exhaled and shook her head before leaving the table, her food left untouched.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++