024

The Wild Card

Yeoshin felt like a mess, her thoughts didn’t help her function like she used to. Mark was sitting beside her; both were on their way to Jackson’s party.

“Jackson told us about the after party. Are we going?” Mark asked.

Yeoshin paused.

“..I kind of don’t feel like it, but you should go if you want.” Yeoshin replied carefully, Mark glanced at her.

Ask Jaehee, she might want to hang out a bit.

“Shin~”

“You don’t need to act, Mark. It’s just our friends.” She smiled at him before facing the windows again.

Mark’s brows furrowed and he looked away.

Yeoshin bit her lip in worry; she knew what she needed now, time away from Mark.

But why did it bother her? Mark was always so proper and caring, she was always sure he would be around, but now letting him go felt heavy…it felt wrong.

 

 

Mark and Yeoshin stepped in the party, heads turned as the most talked about couple joined the party.

Jackson sauntered over to greet his friends.

“Congratulations, boo.” Yeoshin grinned at him before giving him a hug.

“Thanks for coming, the guys are here too.” Jackson took Yeoshin’s hand and pulled her with him. Mark just followed the two, and then he paused when he saw Jaehee chatting with her friends.

His brows met, they have yet to settle their issues.

“Songha, Minkyung.” Mark greeted Jaehee’s friends politely.

“We saw your wife, who would have known, Mark-ssi.” Minkyung grinned at him, Mark just smiled back.

“Jaehee~”

“I’m giving you a month.” Jaehee said as she pulled him away from her friends, Mark paused.

“What?”

“I don’t want to wait three years, Mark. It’s obvious she doesn’t need you, she’s president now.”

“..What are you saying?” Mark asked.

“File for divorce and leave her.”

 

 

“Don’t worry, we wont let her hurt you.” Bam Bam stated as he took her hand, Yeoshin looked at him oddly.

“He joined our team.” Yugyeom’s smile was proud and petulant.

“Heol.” Jinyoung shook his head.

“What team?” Yeoshin asked, JB just shook his head at her.

“You know what? Let’s just get you something to drink.” Jaebum took her hand and pulled her with him.

“What are you three playing?” Jinyoung chided the three.

“We all decided that it’s better if Mark hyung ends up with Yeoshin noona.”

“You can’t~”

“Look, hyung.” Youngjae jutted his lips towards Mark. Jinyoung followed his gaze, Youngjae was right.

Mark was standing, talking with Jaehee and her friends, but from time to time he would glance to where Yeoshin was.

“He doesn’t even do that with Jaehee noona.” Bam Bam pointed out.

Jinyoung’s brows rose, Mark did look uncomfortable and edgy.

“He’s confused, why? Because he knows that if he chooses Jaehee over Yeoshin noona, it wont feel right.” Bam Bam stated.

Jinyoung glanced at his three younger friends, somehow the fools made sense; even he himself could not imagine Mark ending up with someone who wasn’t Yeoshin.

 

 

 

 

“Jeju?” Yeoshin looked up from her desk, Himchan nodded.

“You have to attend, president, your in-laws are the ones hosting it.”

Yeoshin exhaled and nodded, last night, they had just arrived at the party when Mark’s phone suddenly rang. It was his parents; they just called to let the two of them know about their arrival.

“It’s fine, Mark’s flying back in two days.” She nodded then Himchan cleared his throat.

“What is it?”

“I…We found something, president.” Daehyun stepped in the room.

“Well, Himchan hyung also did.” He stated, Yeoshin paused.

“I wiretapped some of representative Choi’s calls,” Himchan brought his laptop and set it before his boss, Daehyun nodded.

“Ah, you~”

Of course, Jaehee, my daughter already said she would be our candidate!

Then, we’re pitting her against that Yeowang child?

Yeoshin froze, her lips pursed.

By next year, we will have my daughter as the president of HanShin, and I’m sure Han Yeoshin will not even be able to fight us.

Himchan closed his laptop.

“This…We found out the same thing about Choi Jaehee.” Daehyun stated quietly, Yeoshin leaned on the desk and closed her eyes briefly.

“She’s the one they’re going to use to get your position.” Daehyun finished.

 

 

Mark took his seat and closed his eyes, he had alighted one of Tuan Group’s private jet. He was thankful for the short trip, why?

It gave him time away from Jaehee and other pressing matters that had been disturbing him.

Yeoshin

His brows furrowed before he looked at the window beside him, when did this start?

When..did it come back?

He bit his lip. At first he thought it was just a habit, taking care of Yeoshin, making sure she was okay, but how come Jaehee didn’t like it?

Was it always just a habit?

Yeoshin was different from all the girls he met, but he never did think that falling in love with his arranged wife would happen.

But then again, he did have doubts before whether he saw her that way.

I know you may not see me all the time, don’t forget, I’m like a star, yes, you might not see me always, but please know that I’m always there for you.

He could not help but smile and try not to laugh at what was happening to him.

 

 

All this time, Han Yeoshin, was it always just you?

 

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++