023

The Wild Card

 

 

Minah delivered the files to Yeoshin.

“Well, they were really scared of you.” She mused as she showed the reports Yeoshin had asked from the board and subsidiaries.

She smiled and shook her head.

“Can you ask Daehyun to come for a minute, Minah?”

“Yes, of course.” The female nodded before stepping out of the room.

“You wanted to see me?” Daehyun strolled in the room, Yeoshin nodded and stood up.

She asked Daehyun to join her by the coffee table.

“I want you to check on something.” She asked as she sat down, Daehyun took the seat across hers.

“Choi Jaehee? Representative Choi’s daughter?”

“I want to find out about their family, background and possible reasons why he wants HanShin.”

“But, isn’t she…your husband's..” Daehyun said carefully.

“I know, but there are things..that no matter how much you don’t want to do it..you just have to.”

Daehyun saw the conflict in her eyes, he frowned.

“You have an event later, it’s a party by the Wang Group of companies.”

“Of course, Jackson. I’ll be there.”

“And, Daehyun-ah?”

Daehyun stopped and faced her.

“Secretary Seo doesn’t know about Jaehee, so..I’d like it if you keep this thing just between the two of us.”

“Of course, president.” He mused before leaving the room.

Yeoshin exhaled and leaned back against her seat.

She hated herself for doing this, not once did she ever imagine that she would have to snoop around Jaehee, the girl Mark had feelings for.

 

 

“How’s everything with Mark?” JB asked as they started eating.

Jinyoung glanced at their only girl; it was just the three of them together.

“We never had issues between us, don’t worry.” Yeoshin shook her head.

“You do know that Yugyeom..wasn’t just being moody and unreasonable, right?”

“I don’t see any other way to explain how he behaved.” Yeoshin replied as she forked through her pasta.

“Shin, I just want to be honest with you, okay? You’re our baby and we don’t want you hurt.” Jinyoung spoke.

Yeoshin cringed at his words.

“Eomma, please..dont.” She said, JB just sent her a look.

“Yugyeom told us things, Jaehee wants you out of Mark’s life. She obviously doesn’t feel comfortable around you.”

Yeoshin paused.

“I had a feeling about that.”

“Mark and you, you’ve always had that connection, but Jaehee..”

“Are you asking me whether I can not be that Yeoshin around Mark anymore?” She asked, the two males didn’t reply.

Yeoshin exhaled.

“But, he’s always been Mark…How do I not act the same around him?”

“Yeoshin, are you not willing to let go of him?” JB asked.

“I…I just never did think of it that way, I mean we have three years left till divorce, but..”

The idea of not having Mark around is scary.

“I’ll start thinking about it, don’t stress over it.” She smiled at the two before eating.

“Are you willing to give Mark to a girl like her, then, noona?”

They looked up, Yugyeom had joined them.

“Yugyeom, we talked about this.” Jinyoung said in a calming tone.

“No, I just want to ask you, noona. She’s the type of girl who gets clingy and insecure easily over a friend, she’s the type of girl who is disgusted by street food and would never step inside a pojangmacha, she’s the type of girl who cares more about how people think of her rather than how her close friends feel, can you hand over hyung to a girl like her?”

“Will Mark hyung be happy with her?”

Yeoshin could only stare back at her friend.

“Yugyeom, it’s Mark’s life, I can’t decide for him.” She said in a measured tone before eating.

 

 

Mark exhaled as he stepped out the bathroom; Yeoshin was sitting in front of her vanity table.

“Shin?” He called. She turned to him, Mark felt himself smile, she was dressed simply for the event, a sleeveless skin tight dress in a nice shade of blue and a pair Valentino heels.

I heard about it, you have to be in Taiwan for a bit.

Mark nodded.

You’ll be okay, right?” He asked.

I’ll live, just don’t forget about those cookies with that red bean filling~”

I’ll have a box sent over. Mark grinned at her, then he paused and took out something from his shirt pocket, Yeoshin paused as she saw what it was.

“I realized I never got you a welcome back gift.” He stated as he placed the box in her hands, it was carrying a pair of emerald and diamond earrings.

“Mark, you don’t have to~”

“No, I want to.” Mark smiled before pulling her hair to her back and meeting her gaze. Yeoshin froze, she felt herself tense but she shook it away.

I’m confused, Shin. I don’t want to lose you, but Jaehee..she’s always been there.

“Aigoo, Markiepoo being perfect again.” She chuckled before putting on the earrings.

 

 

 

I don’t want you to leave, Shin.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++