019

The Wild Card

The conference room was filled with every representative and high ranking staff from HanShin's subsidiaries, amongst them, Jaehee felt tensed and conflicted to be seated with her father.

She had no exact idea what the men had planned, but she had a feeling they would try to show Yeoshin how under qualified she was for her position. And it wasn’t that Jaehee did not feel the same, but somehow she had a feeling that they should not be taking her too easily.

The double doors opened, everyone grew quiet and they stood up.

Yeoshin stepped up with two males behind her; her newly appointed secretary was already pulling out the chair for the new president.

 

 

 

Yeoshin glanced at the people in the room, some of the faces she could match their names too, and most of them had one thing in common.

They doubted her.

She stopped herself from snorting, like that mattered; her halmae was fighting for her life in the hospital.

She stopped in front of her seat and nodded, she sat down and soon the rest followed.

“Good morning.” She said as they all settled down.

“I know you all have heard about my grandmother, she had a yesterday and was rushed to the hospital.”

“Young miss~” One of the representatives spoke; Yeoshin’s cold eyes went to him.

“You are not allowed to address her that way, Director Lee.” Secretary Yeo spoke up.

“Mrs. Tuan will be addressed as President Han from now on.” Secretary Seo said behind Yeoshin, the girl just looked at her fingers.

“It was an order from her grandmother.” He finished; Yeoshin opened to speak again.

“I know you have questions regarding her health, but I’m sure you have your people checking on that.” Yeoshin leaned over and clasped her hands together.

“Now, let’s talk about the year-long plan, since HanShin plans to move forward with our technological division as well as in the field of medicine, I would like to request a complete~”

“You think you can tell us what to do? You’re nothing but a brat!” A man stood up and jabbed his finger at her direction.

Yeoshin’s brows just rose at him.

“A complete financial report from both companies,” Yeoshin continued, both ignoring the man and embarrassing him.

“But, president~”

“Are you used to not let my grandmother finish too?” She asked softly, they all looked down.

“Before you ask questions and try to berate me, let me finish or else we’ll have to push back this meeting again, and you wont like that, would you?” She smiled and leaned back on her seat.

“With the election for the new president coming up, of course, everyone would want to rush things.” She stated, she could her secretary Seo’s voice play in her head.

An election for the position of president? But halmae’s still alive.

Yes, but once they heard about you being her heir, they’ve been trying to push it.

And..we’re they successful?

Yes, young miss, the board passed it and we will be having it by January.

“So, can I start again?” Yeoshin looked up, they all nodded, her eyes went to Jaehee briefly.

She exhaled.

“The same thing with our banking division and oil supply companies, I would like a progress report, I read the files for the past six months, it didn’t look pretty.” She stated, she saw the two representatives nod.

“And another thing,” Yeoshin stood up and met their gazes with her strong one.

“Right now, I’m officially announcing that I, Han Yeoshin, of legal age and married, has agreed to be Mrs. Han’s only successor, and the new president and CEO of HanShin Group.” She gave them a quick bow; the others in return rushed to their feet to bow back at her.

“I’ll hope for everyone’s guidance.” She added before leaving the room with her staff.

 

 

Jaehee stepped in the empty meeting room and found Mark waiting for her.

“How was it?” He asked her.

“You left me yesterday….that emergency..”

“It was Yeoshin’s grandmother.” Mark replied, Jaehee snorted and shook her head.

“Jaehee, I’m sorry, I couldn’t tell you, I didn’t know if it was okay to share~”

“Share information? It’s not about that, Mark.”

“Then, how many times do I have to explain?”

“You’ve been choosing her over me!” She snapped, Mark tensed.

“Ever since she came back, you’ve been acting different, also, your friends are acting different.”

“Don’t bring them into this.” Mark said lowly.

“You act as if she’s the only person you see, admit it, ever since she arrived, everything changed!”

“She’s my wife, I have to pretend~”

“Pretend? That girl…that spoiled brat has been you in!”

Mark was about to reply when he heard someone by the doorway.

“She maybe a spoiled, but she’s not a brat.” Yugyeom said, his tone calm and measured.

“Yugyeom~”

“She’s been with us since we were kids, it’s only natural that how we treat you and her are different. ” He stated, Mark could not help but look away.

“I don’t know about you two and your issues, but keep Yeoshin noona out of it, because if you hurt her, it wont end nicely.” He said before leaving the room.

Mark sighed.

“I want her out of your life, Mark.”

“Hee, I just need you to understand~”

“No, leave. Just go to her, Mark Tuan!”

 

 

“Excruciatingly….tiring, but..thrilling.” Yeoshin stated as she stepped in her office, she stepped down from her heels and padded to her seat.

Minah grinned before picking up her heels and setting them aside.

“President, a Kim Yugyeom~”

“Send him in, Daehyun-ah.” She said before leaning back on her seat, Yugyeom stepped in with a smile on his face.

“How was it, noona?” He asked as he approached her with open arms, Yeoshin sighed and just stood up to hug the younger male.

Yeoshin’s staff discreetly left the room.

“Well, it was..new, but hopefully, I handled it well.” She said, the younger male nodded and handed her a bag.

“What is it?”

“I got off work earlier today, I figured you need something to take the stress off, so…ice cream.” He grinned.

Yeoshin grinned before walking towards the coffee table, she sat down on the couch and waved for Yugyeom to join her as she opened the tub of ice cream.

“Right, did you see Mark on your way here?” She asked as she took out the spoons, Yugyeom paused, his brows furrowed.

“No, I didn’t see him, noona.”

“I worry about him, I saw Jaehee earlier at the meeting, you know.” She said as she helped herself with a serving.

“Really?”

“I have a feeling she might hate me for…being..”

“Mark hyung’s wife?” Yugyeom asked, Yeoshin just shrugged.

“It’s not your fault, noona.”

“Still, Gyeom, I~”

“Look, noona, the way I see it, there might be a time when you have to stop treating Jaehee like a friend.”

“..What?” Yeoshin blinked at their youngest.

“It’s just…doesn’t seem right, noona. It’s not like you to be thins friendly towards other people.” He reasoned, Yeoshin just smiled and patted his cheek.

“She’s Mark’s girl, baby, I have to be friends with her.”

Yugyeom didn’t reply but he just ate some ice cream.

 

Yeah, she’s his girl but his eyes are always on you.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++