018

The Wild Card

 

 

“Her vitals are stable, although her blood pressure has been fluctuating and sometimes it can be above the border line.”

Yeoshin nodded as she took her coffee, Mark glanced at her.

“Oh, what happened yesterday? Did Jaehee understand why you had to leave?”

“I told her it was a family emergency.”

“You should have told her details.” Yeoshin faced him, the secretary left the couple.

I wasn’t sure if you were going to release anything about halmae’s health, Lex.

Yeoshin exhaled and looked at her plate.

“Eat, you need to~”

“I know, I just don’t know how to deal with this first day thing.”

Mark almost smiled at the way she glared at her food.

Secretary Seo contacted me, I have to come with you to work today. He said you need to show people that you’re strong and that you’re prepared to take over.

And showing up with Mark Tuan to work relates to that…how?” She asked.

“They have to be reminded that you, young miss married a strong family, they have to instill in their minds that they cannot just belittle or look down on you. President Han, they must not forget that you married a Tuan, that alone will keep them on their toes.” Her halmae’s matron stepped in the room.

“Ahjumma, you startled me.”

“Good morning, ahjumma.” Mark greeted her.

“It’s time to get ready, president.”

 

 

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay? Do you need me to fly back?” Jackson peered at the screen.

Mark grew amused.

Jackson was in Hong Kong for a business trip, while Jaebum and Bam Bam were both out of town due to work.

I’m fine, Jackson.” Yeoshin replied for the nth time.

But I worry about you, you tend to not leave pleasant first impressions.

Wow, thanks? But I have Markiepoo with me, they’ll like him.” She shrugged, Jackson smiled at her.

“Even so, if they maltreat you, just tell this oppa, I’ll beat them up.”

Thank you, honey.

Of course, sweetheart, just make sure not to kill anyone if you lose your temper.” He replied before ending the video call.

Yeoshin leaned back against the leather seats of the Rolls Royce; she was dressed in an all black Balmain pantsuit and a pair of Louboutin Pigalle pumps.

We’re here.” Mark announced as the car came to a full stop, reporters and cameras were already crowding at the building’s entrance.

Yeoshin’s brows furrowed.

Mark squeezed her hand before sliding down the car, secretary Seo glanced at her.

“Are you ready, President Han?”

She exhaled and nodded, then the older male exited the car and opened the door for her, as soon as the people saw her, it grew noisy.

“Miss Han, how is your grandmother?”

“Will you be taking her seat then?”

“Do you have any plans on changing HanShin’s system?”

Yeoshin tensed, then Mark’s hand before her.

Let’s go?” He asked with a small smile, Yeoshin could not help but smile back and took his hand.

She winced as people started to reach for her, security made their path clear to the entrance doors.

“Miss Han, Miss Han!”

Yeoshin winced.

It’s funny, I’m miss Han today.” She mumbled, Mark glanced at her as they stepped in the lobby, there were employees waiting.

Well, welcome to HanShin, Miss Han.” Mark teased before letting go of her hand.

Mark, Mark, so many people~” She halted when they all bowed to her.

“Welcome, President Han, we have been waiting for you.”

Yeoshin blinked, but she nodded back.

“Ma’am, let’s go.” Secretary Seo looked at her, she nodded and she began to walk, people bowed and greeted her as she passed by. Mark and secretary Seo flanked her from behind as if to protect her.

“From now on, young~president,”

“Secretary Seo, you can still call me that. At least give me the comfort of not being called president by you.”

The male smiled and nodded.

“From now on, young miss, you will have to be chauffeured with two guards, I will have to…confiscate your Ducatis.”

She winced but did not react, Mark just grew amused as they entered the elevator.

“You have nothing to worry about, young miss. A team of staff will be assigned to you and I will personally prep you before the meeting.”

“Prep? Am I going to some kind of war?” She muttered while hiding her face on Mark’s shoulder.

 

 

“We’ve prepared a list of the directors of each subsidiary company, there are six majors ones and nine minor ones, President.” Secretary Seo announced as they stepped in the fully furnished office, Yeoshin glanced at the nameplate on the desk, it had her name on it.

“President? They will be assisting you here,”

Yeoshin turned to the two males and one female.

“This is Jung Daehyun, he will be your assistant, he already knows everything about the company and everyone you should know.”

Yeoshin smiled and shook the male’s hand.

“And Kim Himchan, he’s a computer specialist~”

“You mean…hacking specialist?”

“Yes, he is also under the police.”

“..Huh?” Yeoshin blinked, Mark was quietly sitting on one of the lounge chairs.

“There have been rumors about some people trying to hack into HanShin, president. And we’ve been investigating about the vote buying.”

“Well, nice to meet you.” Yeoshin nodded and shook the man’s hand.

“And this is Yeo Minah, she will be your secretary.” Secretary Seo gestured towards the lady.

“It’s a pleasure to be working for you, president.” She chirped and offered her hand, Yeoshin smiled back and took her hand.

“So, Daehyun-ssi and Minah~”

“Ah, Daehyun will pose as your security detail, we need someone who’s not recognizable, this way he can get any information needed.”

“Ah, okay.” She blinked, her eyes went to Mark, and he was looking back at her.

This makes me feel like Totally Spies.” She mouthed; Mark shook his head at her.

 

 

Daehyun set the folders before Yeoshin, her head tilted.

“People have already pegged you to be similar to the late president Han Jaegook, he was stern and cold by nature.” Daehyun said as Yeoshin flipped through the pages.

“I have one favor.” Yeoshin asked, he faced her.

“Can we please just get rid of the formalities? It’s…feel stuffy.” She said, the two other staff glanced at her.

Secretary Seo gave them a nod.

“Yes, we’ll do that then.” Himchan grinned at her.

“So, these…people are representatives of the six major subsidiaries.”

She skimmed through the names, she paused when she read a familiar name.

HanShin Electrics: President Choi Jaesook and Director Choi Jaehee

She glanced at Mark, who was browsing through the magazine.

“You have an hour to familiarize their names and faces, Mrs. Tuan, but don’t worry, Daehyun and I will be with you in meeting.” Minah said.

“Good, can you give me a minute?” She asked, the three nodded and left.

“Secretary Seo too.” She said, the male nodded and exited the room, Yeoshin stood up, just as the doors closed, she groaned.

Mark chuckled and stood up from his seat.

I actually bought you something, an office warming gift.” Mark said as he picked up a brown paper box.

What?

Mark grinned as he took out a box and gestured for Yeoshin to open it, she sighed and took off her heels before plopping on the leather couch.

Yeoshin opened the box and took out its content, then she looked at Mark with a dry expression on her face.

VaderHelmet.jpg

You can wear that during the meeting, yeobo.

Go to hell.” She replied but she was smiling.

That’s it, smile, Lex.

“Wae? Because people would judge me if I look weak?” She asked as she picked up the mask.

“Ani, I just want to see you smile.” Mark mused before taking the seat across her, Yeoshin pasued and looked at him.

Well, I find your lack of your belief in the force disheartening, your halmae will get well and you’ll be a good president of HanShin.” He added.

Thanks, Markiepoo.” She smiled before offering her fist, Mark grinned and bumped fists with her.

 

 

Badum tsss.” Mark winked at her before secretary Seo entered the room again.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++