014

The Wild Card

 

 

“How…long have you known each other?” Jaehee asked as the white Aventador and the chauffeured Rolls Royce sped away.

“Yeoshin?....Hmm, eighteen years, I think.” Mark replied as they walked to the garden, the four Malamutes were having their breakfast.

“Have you always been close?”

“She gets along better with Jaebum, but..we’re good. You should see her and Jackson argue, it’s funny.” He grinned before taking her hand. Jaehee exhaled and pulled back.

Mark’s brows rose.

“Is..something wrong?”

“I…I’m not comfortable with this Mark.” She gestured towards the house.

“We already talked about this, you said you understood.” Mark frowned.

“I…It’s…do you see how different you act around her?” She asked softly.

“Different? Yeoshin’s my friend, Hee.”

“You don’t treat her like one.”

Mark bit his lip.

“Growing up, we’ve always treated her like that, like our princess. A lot of kids didn’t like her back then, that’s why….we…feel protective of her.”

“No, Mark, you…you just…” She exhaled.

“I need to go, I’ll see you later.” Jaehee stated before leaving him.

 

 

“Do you even know how awkward that felt?” Yeoshin stated as she browsed through the dresses before her.

“Breakfast?” GDragon chuckled as he picked out a sweater.

“Yeah, I was worried that his girlfriend would misunderstand us, oppa.”

“Do you even see how you two acted?” The older male stopped, Yeoshin looked at him.

He sighed and curled her hair behind both of her ears.

“Mark knows everything about you, and vice versa. Now it’s time to stop showing people that.”

“…..What? Are you composing again?” She blinked, he flicked her forehead.

“Hey!” She winced.

“What I’m saying is that, you two don’t usually communicate with words~”

“Well that’s what you get for being friends~”

“Don’t interrupt.” Jiyong sent her a look, Yeoshin sighed and picked up one of the 2.55 purses.

“I find it odd too, but it’s okay, because I know. But to Jaehee, it’s uncomfortable for her that you two know everything about each other. You even made his toast.”

“We do that everyday.” She groaned.

“Jaehee?” GD raised his brows at her.

“And, why do you trust that girl so much?” He added.

“She’s Mark’s girlfriend, and I think she’s nice.”

Jiyoung just shook his head.

“That’s your one flaw, sweetheart. You trust people way too easily.”

“Yeah, how I trusted you to get me a normal purse, but no, artistic GD oppa gave me a Star Wars printed backpack from Chanel.”

He just chuckled before pushing her in the dressing room with the clothes he picked out for her.

 

 

Jackson scratched the back of his head, Jinyoung just looked at his friend.

“She does like two cubes of sugar on her coffee.” Jackson said.

“We all know that.” Mark muttered.

“I told you, misunderstandings would happen.” Junior commented as he leaned against his seat, the guys were having a couple ofdrinks in one of Seoul’s exclusive pubs.

“I don’t know how to explain this to her, I’ve always acted like that with Yeoshin.”

“Ani,” JB spoke up.

“You’re used to the fact that Yeoshin has always been your priority, when she left and Jaehee came, you did not bother to adjust.”

Mark looked away.

“When was that?” Jackson spoke up, the guys turned to him.

“That time..when you were so frustrated.” He looked at Mark.

“Ah, that.” Junior nodded.

“That time when you were confused, you had a crush on Yeoshin, Mark.” Jaebum mused.

“It was nothing.” Mark stated.

“That was when she started dating that idiot who left her, you almost got in a fight with that guy too.”

“I just didn’t want her to…be together with someone like him.” Mark replied evenly. JB signaled the others to stop.

Was it just a crush?

“Just talk to Jaehee, explain to her, we can help you if needed.” Jinyoung said.

“Of course, that brat is our spoiled princess and we’re used to taking care of her.” Jackson stated with a smile.

Jaebum just looked at their friend with a thoughtful smile.

I’m guessing feelings just don’t go away, Mark Tuan.

“Hi, boys!” Yeoshin came out of nowhere; she leaned behind Mark and kissed his cheek before sitting down.

“How was shopping?” Mark asked her, she grinned.

“It was okay, I got some suits for you, just in case I need you to stand in as HanShin’s spokesperson, and I bumped into Jaehee at the parking lot.” She said.

“Good, she’s here.” Jackson smiled meaningfully, then a female had walked to them, her arms were crossed as she stood in front of Jackson.

“Shinah~”

She slapped Jackson across his left cheek.

“How could you do this to me? You were with another girl~”

“Okay, let’s hit the pause button here.” Yeoshin spoke up, the girl glared at her.

“Are you his new flavor of the month?” She asked sharply.

“Yeoshin.” JB said warningly.

“How can you get mad at him? Before dating him or getting into bed with him, you already knew of his reputation. You already know Jackson Wang is a playboy, so why are you mad that he already has a new flavor of the month?” She leaned forward, Yeoshin’s flat tone and cold eyes made her flinch.

“He’s my friend, I know he’s wrong, but you already know how he is, and so were you expecting to change him? Honey, he’s a player, for crying out loud. He wont change overnight.”

“What the~”

“Get away from our table.” Yeoshin met her gaze; people were already staring at the other girl while laughing.

The girl stalked away angrily, Yeoshin smirked and leaned back on her chair.

Thanks, baby~” Jackson winced when an ice cube hit him squarely on the face.

When will you change? You .” She shook her head; Mark grinned and just patted her hand.

“What are you having?” Junior faced her.

“Cookie shots.” She beamed at him, her other side showing.

“Yeah, so where was the bad two seconds ago?” Jackson asked, then he winced again as Yeoshin flicked a piece of fruit across him.

I love you too, Shin.

I know.” She shrugged before facing Mark.

What is it?” She whispered, Mark blinked at her.

You’re being more..quiet than usual, what’s wrong Mark?” Yeoshin sighed and cupped his cheek.

Nothing, just a long day~

You can’t lie to me, is this about me? Did Jaehee..?” She trailed off, her brows furrowing, Mark smiled reassuringly and put his hand over hers.

It’s not, Lex. Don’t worry about it.

Yeoshin didn’t let go of his face and she frowned.

I worry about you, you’ve been my umbrella since day one and~

 

 

“Will you please let go of him, Yeowang-nim?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++