012

The Wild Card

Come on, we need to go. I have the car waiting.” Mark said as Yeoshin pulled her hair in a ponytail.

“Should I just have them all killed?” She muttered darkly, Mark smiled and poked her cheek.

Does this mean you’re really stepping up then?” He asked softly, Yeoshin looked at him.

“No, I was..tricked. Halmae prepared a script and..”

“You read it without reviewing it?” Mark asked as he took her hand and they walked to the elevator.

“I wanted to shoot myself right then and there.” She replied as they stepped in.

“Shall we hold hands or not? Hand around one shoulder?” Mark asked as he let go.

“Hmm, I think, it would be better if I had one arm hooked around yours. It looks more chaebol-ish.

 

 

“Is she really staying then?” Bam Bam asked as his eyes followed the ball, they were gathered in an open basketball court by the Han River.

“You know her, soon she’ll be flying to some country again.” Jackson said as he dribbled the ball before passing it to Jinyoung.

Then a black Aventador pulled over, Yugyeom and Youngjae looked up. Yeoshin clad in a pair of high waisted skinny jeans and a crop top slid down from the car and walked to them.

“Definitely not a good day for me, but hello, guys.” She waved as she approached them, Jackson smiled and slung one arm around her neck.

“We heard what happened, are you okay?” Bam Bam asked as he approached them.

“I’ll live, I’m just waiting for halmae to show up.” She sighed; the boys glanced at Mark as he joined them.

“Don’t you have plans with Jaehee?” JB asked.

Mark blinked back at him.

“Yes, she called me earlier, she said she couldn’t reach you.” Junior nodded.

“I called you earlier and asked if you could join us for pizza at Youngjae’s place, you said you had plans.” Jaebum said uncertainly, Yeoshin glanced at Mark.

Then the Tuan male winced and tilted his head.

“Mark, you forgot about Jaehee.” Jackson stated.

“I know,” Then he turned to Yeoshin.

“Don’t worry about me, I have them.” She shrugged.

“I’ll see you at home then.” He said before jogging back to his car.

Jaebum and Jackson exchanged looks before the latter grinned.

“Can we just finish one game, then we can grab dinner!”

“How about we go to Myeongdong instead? I mean, you know, pojangmacha hopping.” Yeoshin asked, the boys nodded.

“Cool, we’ll do that.” Youngjae nodded before facing the court again, Yeoshin approached Jaebum who was sitting on the bleachers.

“Long day?” He asked as the girl sat beside him.

“Sitting there…being belittled by men who just want my father’s shares made me feel a little…annoyed.”

He smiled and looked at the starless sky.

“It gets better, Shin.”

“I just..dont know if it’s right.” She murmured before leaning against him.

 

 

“I…don’t know what to say.” Songha said to Jaehee.

The three were sitting by a nearby café at Han River, having a light dinner.

“So, this is why you chose to dine here?” Minkyung said as a familiar sports car pulled over.

Yeoshin slid down and was immediately welcomed by the boys.

“They are pretty close.” Songha commented as the friends chatted together. Even from afar it was obvious that the boys were protective of Yeoshin.

“You were so cold back in college, rejecting boys like not having a care in the world, but then Mark Tuan came along.” Minkyung mused as Mark joined the group.

“But, he’s married to one of the most powerful ladies in Asia.” Songhae murmured.

“And you thought that there’s no competition?” Jaehee shook her head.

“Wae? Are you threatened?” Songha glanced at her, Mark had left the group and now Yeoshin was talking with Jaebum.

“I don’t know if I should be, my abeoji wants me to steal her seat.”

“But, honestly though, look at that girl.” Minkyung said as she looked at Yeoshin.

“She’s pretty, rich and if the rumors are right, she’s smart. I mean, Jaehee or not, what girl would not feel threatened?”

 

 

“I mean, why would I go out with her? Again?” Jackson asked with a snort, Yeoshin just finished her third stick of fishcake and looked at him.

“Why are you still a playboy?” She asked, Yugyeom snorted.

“I just went out with her because ma and pa set the blind date.” Jackson explained,Yeoshin chuckled.

“You still stuck with that ?” She mused, Jaebum shook his head as the two conversed.

How about you, Mark, still stuck with this brat?” Jackson’s gaze went past Yeoshin’s shoulder, she turned back.

Mark was approaching them with a worried look on his face.

What happened?” She asked.

“Did you meet Jaehee noona, hyung?” Youngjae asked.

“No. I couldn’t contact her.” Mark replied, as he brushed the crumbs of food from Yeoshin’s lips.

Really? That’s sad, we should have invited her with us.” She grinned before picking up another stick again, Mark just squeezed her shoulder.

“Jaehee doesn’t like street food, Lex.

“Why? This is perfect.” Yeoshin asked, full. The boys chuckled at her brazenness. Yeoshin was never shy around them and they loved her for that.

“I don’t know, I’ll go get you something warm to drink.” Mark nodded before walking to the nearest convenience store.

“He’s so used to taking care of you.” Bam Bam mused.

“I’m worried though, what if my return affects him and Jaehee badly?” Yeoshin glanced at Junior.

“As the only one who makes sense in our group, your return will affect them. But Tuan ahjussi said that he can fix it. So, don’t worry, princess.” Jinyoung winked at her.

She chuckled and glanced at Mark who was buying tea for her.

“He loves her, I don’t want to be…a hindrance to them.” She mumbled.

Jaebum just smiled and rubbed her back.

“You’re not, he’s just happy you’re back.”

“Of course he should be, when people found out who HanShin’s heir married, Tuan Group’s stock prices rose up too.” She stated with a smirk.

Now, no need to point that out.” Mark arrived and handed her a cup of warm tea.

She grinned and took a sip.

“Which reminds me, do you still have your father on your block list?”

“What’s there not to block?” She replied before taking another sip again.

“Well, he’s in town.”

Yipee.” She rolled her eyes.

“And he just transferred everything he owns of HanShin to you.”

With that, Yeoshin choked on her tea.

What?

Mark winced and took out his handkerchief and handed it to her.

 

“I received a call earlier, he’s at our home, waiting.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++