010

The Wild Card

 

“Hi, sweetie.” Jackson kissed her cheek as she sat down.

“Isn’t it getting too cold to ride out?” Youngjae asked.

“It is, a bit. But it’s fun.” She mused as she took a sip from her tea.

“Right, about that meeting later, I can’t come.” Mark looked at her.

“Really?” Her brows met briefly.

“I have to fly to Jeju for a bit, will you be fine?

“Sure, maybe they’ll roast me with questions or doubt my capabilities, but I’m good, yeobo.” She replied wanly, JB chuckled.

“I’m serious, I can cancel for you.” Mark replied, before Yeoshin could reply Jaehee joined them.

“No need to cancel for me, I’ll live.” Yeoshin finished and sent him a look.

“Anyway, I know it’s kind of late, but did you receive my gift?” She faced Bam Bam.

“I did, noona, jjang!” Bam Bam wrapped his arms around her neck.

“What did you get him?” Jackson asked, intrigued.

“He was having difficulty with the car dealership here, so I called a friend back in the US.”

“Car? What did the rich ahjumma get you?” Junior asked with a grin, Jaehee glanced at them.

“I got him and Audi R8, it’s for simple events and such, I mean when we go out for lunch or picnics at Jeju.”

“An R8 for simple events?” Jaehee smiled, thinking it was a joke. They guys looked at her oddly.

Mark bit his lip.

“Ever since college we used Audis for school, driving up with a Bentley or your Lambo would be awkward.” Jackson stated. JB and Yeoshin both nodded.

“Sorry, you’re used to SUV loving Mark.” Yeoshin grinned.

“Mark’s a weirdo, he has every color and model of the Range Rovers. Do you know how full our garage is?”

“Shin, you have three large motorcycles plus your collection of Lamborghinis.” He pointed out, Yeoshin smiled sheepishly. Jaehee’s brows met.

“You guys gave Bam Bam a car for his birthday?” She asked.

“No, it was just Yeoshin. I didn’t even know about it.” Mark said to her before he faced Jackson again.

Jaehee just gazed at Yeoshin, her eyes went to her simple diamond stud earrings, gold Audemars Piguet watch and her stack of Cartier bangles.

Just, who are you Yeoshin?

 

 

 

Jaehee had just stepped in the company building when her father and his two other friends rushed to her.

“Appa, I’m not yet late.” She sighed, but the man shook his head.

“There’s been word that the elder Han wont attend the meeting today.”

“Then it’s useless.” Jaehee blinked.

“Ani, in her stead will be the granddaughter. Yeowang is here!”

Jaehee’s brows furrowed.

“We have to move the election, this way we can be sure of your position.” His friend, president of HanShin Construction urged.

“But you said she’s not capable of handling the business, why are you panicking?”

“We made a mistake, here.” He handed her a folder, Jaehee handed her purse to her secretary and opened the file.

“Harvard Business School? She has an MBA too.” She murmured.

“Not just that, but she’s actually been running her mother’s company in LA and San Francisco, she has a strong background, Hee.”

 

 

Yeoshin stared back at her reflection; the Dior skirt suit had hugged every curve in her body and complimented her skin well.

“Are you ready, ma’am?”

She looked away from the mirror and faced one of her halmae’s assistant.

“It’s time, ma’am. The other presidents have arrived.”

She nodded and exited the office.

 

 

Jaehee sat down with the other subsidiary presidents, they were all murmuring, some of them where even laughing while anticipating the appearance of the young heir.

“She’s too young for the position.”

“What does she know?”

“All that child ever does is party in the US.”

Jaehee exhaled and glanced at the elders around her, like them, she felt iffy about the newcomer. And also she felt curious, just who was this heir that she has everyone on his or her feet?

Then the doors opened, two men clad in dark suits were blocking their view, the room grew silent.

They all stood up as the males move forward, Jaehee glanced up.

“Well, this is interesting, it took all of you two seconds to stand.” A voice floated in the room, just then the males pulled away as a girl clad in an expensive looking suit strolled in to the room, her feet were clad in stilettos.

Jaehee staggered back from her seat.

Yeoshin stopped at the center table and faced the presidents with a soft smile on her face.

“Nice meeting you all, my name is Han Yeoshin, some call me Alexa, others call me Yeowang behind my back. But I’m fine with anything.”

The men and women just bowed after she spoke, Jaehee was left staring at the girl.

Mark is married to Han Yeoshin.

Yeoshin is Alexa Han.

Yeoshin is the HanShin heir.

 

 

“And I’m happy to announce that I’m not leaving the country anytime soon.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++