Chapter 2 - He Definitely Didn't Expect THIS

Loving The Real You

“What on earth happened to her?”

“I’m not sure…it looks as though someone beat her.”

“Who would beat this tiny girl?”

“I don’t know, Minho. There is no telling what world or environment she came from.”

“Hmmm yes…her clothes are quite strange, aren’t they? Look at the garment on her legs, I’ve never seen anything like them…I wonder why there are so many rips and tears?”

“Yes, very strange…”

“Are you sure this is the right person, Onew? She is just a mere child, look how tiny she is! She isn’t very…developed either. I like my women curvy.”

“Now, Minho, don’t be so picky. The spell went exactly as planned. If the spirits say that she is your destined woman, than she is your destined woman.”

“Fine…”

“Have you sent for a physician?”

“Of course, they’re on their way.”

 

Taemin was fighting to open his eyes. This strange dream with these weird voices was annoying him; he just wanted to wake up.

He let out a loud groan as he tried to move…every part of his body ached. “Sungjong…,” he whimpered.

“Oh she’s waking up!”

When Taemin opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was a pair of huge, chocolate colored eyes filled with worry.

“Her eyes…Onew look at them!”

“Oh my…the color of sapphires.”

“Are you alright, Miss?”

Taemin was surprised when his voice came out hoarse and raspy. “Miss?! I’m a-“ He broke out into a fit of coughs and felt a warm hand wrap around his shoulders to help him sit up.

“Take it slow.” He looked up a finally got a good look at the man with the huge eyes. Taemin’s first thought was…that he was unbelievably handsome. Long, black hair framing his face, plump lips, perfectly sculpted feature, and of course his eyes…

“Who are you? Wh-Where am I? What am I doing here?!” When Taemin finally tore his eyes away from the handsome man’s face, he realized the strange situation he was in. This room…it looked so weird. The walls and floors were stone, there were huge windows that stretched from ceiling to floor, everything was decorated elegantly; with strange looking blue and white flags along the wall, and the room was lit by torches hung up on the walls.

“Woah, woah! One question at a time.” Taemin didn’t even realize there was another person in the room until he looked over to see a man with brown hair and a kind smile that left his eyes in small crescents. He was wearing very bizarre, orange-colored robes. When Taemin looked back at the handsome, big-eyed man, he noticed he was also wearing strange robes, but blue and white (the same as the flags, Taemin noted), and also a bit fancier.

“I-I…wha-“

“It’s understandable that you would be quite confused, but please, let us explain.”

Taemin swallowed his infinite amount of questions and nodded slowly.

“My name is Minho,” the handsome man spoke, giving Taemin a soft smile. “And this is my best priest, Onew”

“Priest? Wha-“

“Would you mid telling us your name?”

“It’s Taemin. B-But wha-“

“You’re in the Kingdom of Shawol, Taemin.”

“Kingdom?! What the hell are you talking about?!”

They both looked shocked at his outburst, but before they could say anything, a knock was heard.  Minho coughed awkwardly. “That must be the physician.”

“I’ll let him in,” said Onew before making his way to the door.

“Is anyone going to tell me what the hell is going on?” Taemin was furious. Not only did he get his kicked and almost drown to death, but now he was in an unknown place with a bunch of weirdly-dressed men.

“Let the physician take care of your injuries and then we will talk.”

Taemin huffed, and pursed his lips before throwing his legs over the bed. He winced; damn that really hurt. “You need to lie down; your injuries could be very serious.”

“No, I need to see the extent of the injuries,” said the physician. “Would you mind undressing?”

“Yeah, whatever…,” Taemin mumbled. He began to lift his (still damp) hoodie when Minho protested loudly. “L-Let us leave first.”

“Why?” Taemin said bluntly. And before either of the men could take another step, Taemin lifted his hoodie, his t-shirt sticking to it, and revealed his very bruised, very flat chest.

Taemin didn’t think Minho’s eyes could get any bigger, but apparently, he was wrong. They widened to a comical extent, and his jaw dropped. It was eerily quiet for a moment before the handsome man spoke. “You’re a boy?!”

Onew recovered from his shock quickly and covered Minho’s mouth. “Mmm mmm mmmm!” Minho shocked yells were muffled by Onew’s hand as he led him out of the room. Onew laughed awkwardly.  “We’ll be back shortly. J-Just continue your treatment please, Doctor.” The physician nodded, seemingly confused by the situation.

He looked to Taemin for an explanation but Taemin merely shrugged, before stripping down to his underwear. He didn’t even bother asking questions anymore, this was all probably a dream anyways.

~~~~~

“What have you done, Onew?!”

I didn’t do anything, Prince Minho. This was the spirits’ decision. I merely performed the ritual; they are the ones who chose him.”

“This is absurd! How is a boy going to be my princess?! Send him back! Send him back and bring me a grown woman that is fit to be a queen!”

Onew shook his head. “I’m sorry, Minho. I could send him back, but there is no other for you. This is the person the spirits chose, they won’t give you another.”

Minho groaned and buried his face in his hands. “What am I supposed to do now?”

“Well…if you’re going to keep him here, I think I have a plan.”

~~~~~

 When Minho walked back into the room, Taemin was lying in his bed, his arm draped over his eyes. He was dressed in pink, womens robs, and Minho swallowed the lump in his throat as he approached the bed (he suddenly remembered that those were the only clothes he had prepared). Taemin really did look like a girl; it wasn’t surprising that Minho had mistaken him as one.

Although he was resentful that he didn’t get the beautiful woman he had been hoping for, he was relieved when the physician told him that Taemin had many scratches and bruises, but no serious injuries. Just because this boy ruined his plans of having the perfect queen, didn’t mean Minho wanted him hurt. He was still an innocent young boy after all, and Minho wasn’t that cruel.

He faked a cough to grab the boy’s attention. Taemin lifted his arm and looked at Minho with sharp, blue eyes; the same blue eyes that had startled Minho so much when he first saw them. He had never seen anyone with eyes like that. No one in his land, or rather any land he had been to, had eyes that color.

“Yes?”

Minho was surprised at the calm tone of his voice. Shouldn’t he be shocked to be in an unfamiliar place? “Are you doing alright?”

“Does it matter? This is all a dream anyways…or maybe I’m just dead and this is some weird form of the afterlife…”

Minho couldn’t help but laugh at the Taemin’s logic. He must be seriously shocked to be in such denial. “I’m afraid not. We are very much real people, and very much alive. Now, would you like an explanation to why you are here?”

Taemin shrugged and lifted himself up slowly. “Sure, why not?”

He obviously doesn’t believe me…

Minho sighed before he began. “Well, I guess I shall start from the beginning…I am the third prince of the Kingdom Shawol. I happen to have 4 brothers, who, all of which want to become king. So my father gave us a challenge: whoever marries a woman fit to be a queen first, will be king. So, I had my best priest, and dear friend, Onew help me. He asked the spirits to send me the woman I was destined to be with, and well…they sent me you.”

Taemin looked up at Minho throughout his story with those piercing blue eyes, his gaze never faltering. When he finished, it was quiet for moment…until Taemin burst out into laughter. He clutched his stomach as the giggles spilled from his lips. Minho and Onew looked at each other, not quite sure what to do. “Hahahaha Oh my god- wooow hahahaha this is priceless! Great story! So you’re telling me, that I’ve gone back in time?”

“Well, technically speaking, you could not only be in a different time, but a complete different world,” Onew explained.

“Like a different dimension? Oh wow they must hit me in the head really hard.”

Minho kneeled in front of Taemin, and grasped his hands, surprising the young boy. “Wh-What are doing?”

“Taemin, I don’t know what I could do to convince you that this is real. I’m sorry, but it is. And…I need your help, if you’ll hear me out?”

Taemin let out a hollow chuckle, glancing at Onew nervously. “This-this can’t be real. This isn’t possible.”

“You can feel my hands, can’t you? I’m real, and this is really happening, Taemin.”

Taemin pulled his hands away harshly, glaring at him. He didn’t want to believe this, but is felt so real. “Ok, let’s say this is real. What do you want from me? I’m not a woman.”

Minho sighed before glancing at Onew. Onew nodded, urging him to continue. “I want you to disguise yourself as a woman, train to be the perfect queen, and marry me.”

“Excuse me?!”

“Just until I become king, then we’ll fake your death, and you can go home.”

“Are you being serious right now? Cross-dress?! Marry you?!” Taemin stood up quickly, his face contorted in disbelief and anger, but his knees gave out and he would have crumpled to the floor if Minho hadn’t caught him.

Taemin felt his face heat up as Minho wrapped a strong arm around his waist. “I can’t. I can’t do it, it’s ridiculous!”

Minho grabbed him by the chin and made him look into his eyes, much like Jansuk had done, but it felt much… gentler. Although, the hard look in Minho’s eyes frightened him. “You want to go home, don’t you?” Taemin nodded shakily. “Well, then do as I say, and I will send you back. I don’t think you have much of a choice.”

Taemin glared at him and pushed away from his body, landing on the bed. He crossed his arms and looked away from him, looking very much like a spoiled child. “I’ll let you think about it tonight. But tomorrow morning, you better be ready to begin your new life.”

“Tch. Whatever.” Taemin continued to look away from him, his lips in a slight pout, and Minho laughed at the childish act.

He turned away from Taemin, but stopped before he reached the door. “And don’t try to run away, I’m going to place guards outside the door.” He glanced back to smirk at Taemin. “You wouldn’t make it one day by yourself in my world anyways.”

“ off!”

 

~~~~~

 

 

A/N: Only 8 subscribers?

I feel so unloved T^T