The Night

I am his Maid

At home, Hankyung was sitting in front of the fire place in a large comfortable armchair. He observed how the flames slowly burned the wood.  Absolute silence.  The crackling of the wood is the only sound that he could hear. He closed his eyes.

Just the calming crackling. He loves how the heat caressed his skin. It makes him feel good and comfortable. He enjoyed that beautiful moment. 

Then..

That moment was over as the annoying sound of the door bell echoed through the whole house. The flames flickered..

 

The maid whose name he didn't remember opened the door.

"Heechul!! Welcome home!!" She squeaked.

Tsk.. Home.. he thought. This is my home. 

...

 

Heechul's POV:

Exhausted I was been driven back to Hankyungs home. It was a hard first day, but it was very nice. I think I'll enjoy visiting this school.

I rung the bell. 

"Heechul!! Welcome home!" Nana squeaked and jumped at my neck. 

I laughed. "Yah. Did you miss me that much?" 

"Yeah! I was really bored!! But now, go change and then we'll cook together ok? I'll teach you some great things! This will be fun!!" 

"Yes, yes. I'll be right there!" 

A few moments later I was already fully dressed in the uniform. I just adjusted the long black wig on my head. I looked into the mirror. 

 

(Heechul's Maid dress So that you have an idea how he looks like. I'm to lazy to explain :P ) 

My hair was falling over my shoulders, I wore shoes with a small heel, a ribbon through my hair as well as black tights.

I sighed. I don't know whether I should be thankful for being this feminine.. 

I noticed something...

 Is it because of the light or is this.. I leaned forward to examine my cheek. It's not the light.. The slap form that left  a bruise on my cheek!! I wonder how nobody noticed.. I touched it and hissed in pain.. 

Adjusting my clothes again I went down into the kitchen..

 

End of POV:

 

Just as he entered the kitchen, Nana handed him an extra apron. "Now let's teach you some goood things!~~" She laughed. "Why do you look better in that uniform than me.. Even with that stupid apron.." She pouted, making Heechul smile as he wore the cloth. 

"I'm sorry.. My parents gave me that face... So let's get started!!" He cheered. "Yeah! So let's first chop the vegetables. Do it like this so that they can be eaten easily." She led his hand in the right rhythm and way so that the vegetables were cut well. "Now you have to fry them until they are brown. Add some ingredients to give them a better taste!" She was teaching him all the time.

Not like with Hankyung, Heechul actually had fun to do this with Nana. She was nice and taught him very well.

They were cooking happily together until Nana noticed something "Heechul, what is that on your cheek?"

 "Some weird girl slapped me" He said while whipping the cream. "She what?! How could she?? That is gonna die!!!" She clenched her fist in front of her face..

"Yah yah yah! We don't want you to cause trouble and get fired by Mr. Do-what-I-say-or-you-will-get-fired, right?"  He smiled at her and took her fist in his hand.

"But--"

"No buts!" With one finger he smeared some cream on her nose startling her "Yah!!" 

She attacked back, smearing some on his lips and cheek. "You dared!!" He laughed and started tickling her. In response she slapped his shoulder all the time trying to stop him while laughing continually. 

Hankyung on the other side, has been watching them from behind all the time.

Why can he be that happy with all of them ? ... 

"Yah lovebirds!" Immediately both of them stopped and turned towards their Master. They even reacted he sweatdropped..

"Yes?!" Both of them bowed and asked at the same time. Cause of that they both started to snigger. 

Hankyung observed them for a while "Stop that." He wasn't amused at all. "And watch your cooking. It's already slightly burned." 

Both of them shot around noticing the burned food. "Uaaah what do we do now??" "It's ruined!" 

"Both of you are good for nothing" Hankyung said. "Always causing trouble, to loud.. it get's annoying..."

Heechul clenched both of his fists. 

"If I am such a bother, you shouldn't have hired me at all.. You could have just let me go back then." He hissed through gritted teeth.

Hankyung snorted "How could I? You dirtied my clothes."

 "Your clothes right. That's the only problem you have got." Heechul faced him. "Is this what your whole world revolves about!? Stupid clothes!? Do you have the slightest idea what a problem is? Since I am such a bother just fire me!! I don't care at all. The only thing that motivates me to work here is Nana! She's the only friend I have got here the only support!! We shouldn't have met in the first place."

"What do you mean?" He asked stoically.

"You know. You shouldn't have called me. It would be a lot easier if you had punched me or whatever and just let me go. I could have been solving my own problems by now. And not caring for an arrogant, egoistic money-loving bastard." Images of his parents crying as he left kept appearing in his mind. We're sorry. The moment in the living room repeated in his mind. Tears shot into his eyes. He couldn't suppress this thoughts.. It just hurt him so badly being betrayed by his own parents.. He shook his head

 "You have got absolutely no idea. Just go to your rich friends and celebrate all night long. Live your perfect life. I don't care. I have much bigger problems to solve than your brand new clothes." The first tears ran down his cheek. We're sorry  "Don't care about me. Go. Meet your friends. I'll solve that by myself. Mind your own business. I can do that on my own. I am Kim Heechul." 

Neither Hankyung nor Nana said anything as they watched him. 

Awkwardly he wiped away his tears that kept coming. He started to laugh silently between some fainted sobs."I'm sorry for my outburst, Young Master. I shouldn't have said this." he bowed and then ran out of the kitchen. 

"Hee...chul.." Nana watched him as he left the kitchen, leaving an in thoughts lost Hankyung at the door. He didn't move for a while before finally turning towards her. He looked at her for a while before leaving the kitchen to prepare for the night.

 

Heechul stormed out of the kitchen and ran into a random room. He entered, closed the door and leaned against it. He was breathing heavily, trying to control his emotions. He slid onto the floor and hugged his knees, slowly cooling down. He can see it clearly now. All the time he will be working here he'll be wasting time. He doesn't get paid, he won't see his family, he would not help to pay the debts.

He felt horrible. I should have went with them. Even if I wouldn't earn that much money, or have a good perspective for my life, I would still be together with them. The ones that I love the most.   We could have done it together. Solve our problems.

I miss them.

 

 

 

 

 

After some minutes passed, and he managed to control and calm himself, he looked up to examine the room. 

This room seemed to not have been used for quite a long time. There was a thick layer of dust on the furniture. The pictures in the frames were bleached as well as the color of the wall and carpet. 

There were bookshelves, a desk and a lamp. The light falling through the closed curtains let the room glow in a warm color.

 

 

Something caught his attention. In the corner behind the desk stood a black longish case. He smiled, picked it up, lay it on the desk and opened the case to inspect it's content. He smiled sadly, closed the case and left the room to search for a quiet place. 

Since he didn't want to get caught he left the house and went into the gardens. It was already evening and it started to get dark. From far away he could see a gazebo standing in the middle of the garden. Perfect. It was a  made of wood painted in a white color. There were no windows, just the wooden floor and pillars holding the roof. 

He entered and lay the case on the table. Stradivarius

The letters on the case were shining in the setting sun. Never before has he been holding such a piece of excellence in his hand. 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

 

In no time the sun disappeared form the sky and was replaced by the full moon. The silver light shining and flooding everything in it's magical touch.

Hankyung left the house ready to celebrate when suddenly he heard some fainted melody. 

The melody

"James get my car. I'll be right back" "Which one?" "... The black Lotus. I'll be right back." He followed the music. 

It was a beautiful melody yet so sad and melancholic. He followed the sound into his garden. There he saw a person standing in his gazebo.

Her hair blowing in the wind. Her body shining in the sliver moonlight. He was stunned. 

It looked beautiful. The flooding light shining on that place like on a stage.

That song, wasn't just any song. It was played with so much emotion, so much passion, it came directly from the player's heart. 

So sad. So depressed. So .. It was hard to describe it in words. It hurt just by listening to the melody.

Slowly he approached the person. He was close enough to recognize that person.

Heechul was playing the violin. 

Although he had his eyes closed, tears were on his face. They shined like diamonds in the moonlight. His milky skin was even lighter.

Hankyung just watched him play. He didn't know anything about that person in front of him. But he was curious. He wanted to know more about him.

Even though he tried to understand what he meant before, he couldn't. He didn't get it. What problems?

The melody came to an end. Neither  Hankyung nor Heechul moved and just stayed in their positions. Heechul still held the violin in his hands with closed eyes, while Hankyung, clearly caught by the sound, sadly looked at Heechul.

After a few moments Heechul sniffed and wiped away his tears. He got really shocked when he noticed Hankyung in front of the teahouse staring at him. 

He bowed "I-I'm very sorry. I wasn't supposed to take it. I'm very sorry. I'll bring it back right away." he was afraid of him. He heard bad things about him hitting other maids..

Hankyung approached him and took the violin into his hands carefully. "It's alright." he calmly said. This was not what Heechul expected. He looked up at him and saw Hankyung delicately over the body of the violin. 

"I didn't know you play the violin" He said not looking at him.  

Do you know anything about me? "Well I haven't played it in a long time already."

"Why?"

Heechul thought for a moment before snorting "I played the violin when I was 13 for the last time. I enjoyed it really much. I could express everything I felt just by playing that instrument. But then... my parents sold my violin. I was mad at them for a long time and didn't talk to them. I completely ignored them. I was such a fool. I didn't ask why but got mad without thinking for the reasons of their actions... " When he was 13... They must have been in debts that time already.. He shook his head faintly

"What were the reasons?"    "...."     "Tell me."    "No. Mind your own business. Don't get involved in my problems." 

 

"...Ok."

 

Awkward  silence occurred. He thought of something to say..  "I-Is that your violin, Young Master?"

Hankyung stared down at the instrument lovingly before answering in a whispering tone, like he would fear that when he says it to loud it would fall apart.  "No. It belonged to my mother." 

"Belonged?" 

".......... She died in a car accident 4 years ago." He chuckled darkly "My life is not as perfect as you think it is." He said still looking at the violin. Sadness filling his voice.

Shock flooded Heechuls body. He felt bad for accusing him like that before. He didn't knew anything about that. 

"I-I'm sorry, Young Master.  I-I didn't mean to offend you in the kitchen" 

Hankyung looked at Heechul "You don't have to be sorry. You didn't know after all. And it's not your fault." He almost whispered

 

Silence.

"Young Master, can you play the violin?"

"I tried. But I couldn't. I can play the piano but I never was able to play the violin.. I tried very hard, but it never worked out.... After a time, I just let it be and forgot about it. I was shocked when I saw you playing the instrument of my mother."

"It won't happen again." Heechul felt bad.. It was such an important thing for him and his mother and he just took it without asking.. 

"It's alright. You can play it whenever you want. Feel free to use it whenever you like." Actually Hankyung enjoyed listening to the music. Even if it was very sad and depressing, he liked it.  It was... maybe the only thing.. only way to learn more about him.. To understand him..

"Just promise me to take good care of it." He handed the violin back to Heechul, smiling lightly.

"I-I will."

 

Hankyung nodded and left, slowly disappearing in the darkness.

 

 

 

You missed me? ;P

Your comments are so sweet!! I love them so much x]

 

And thanks for wishing me luck!! I love you so much!! Just two more exams before my holidays ^^ 

 

I hope we'll see each other in the next chapter ;)

 

KCL