plenty of fish

If you were mine...

"We haven't met before but...." he gave her a little wink (which looked more like a double blink) "I am here to change that."

 

Hyoyeon drew her hand back, confusion reflecting in her pretty brown eyes, "I'm sorry.. I don't think I understand."

"Let me explain then," Junho replied and at Hyoyeon's nod continued, "I recently came across a video of you dancing. Kahi ssem showed it to us and I thought you were just incredible so I'd really like to get to know you. Perhaps even collaborate with you eventually -you know, I might have the chance to put on a special solo stage soon."

"But.." Hyoyeon worked out what she had just heard in her mind, "Why me? I'm not even a professional dancer."

"I know," he smiled with stars in his eyes, "And that's what makes you shine even more Hyoyeon ssi - raw natural born talent! Honest, you're one of the best dancers I've seen."

"Wow," she replied with pink tinged cheeks, "that's a really great compliment  Junho ssi - one that I'm certain I don't deserve but thank you." She finally relaxed enough to give him her signature half moon eye-smile.

It made the idol boy's heart skip a beat. "If you're thankful then would you do me the honor of joining our table at the party tomorrow?"

"Eh?"

"You know - the farewell party tomorrow night. Our members have a VIP reservation at the club so," he rubbed the back of his neck shyly - well aware of all the eyes on him, "I thought we'd start getting to know each other then."

"Ah, but I'm not planning on going to the party," Hyoyeon replied instantly. "Thank you for the invitation though."

*whispers*

("What? is she crazy?"

"Who turns down a VIP invitation from Lee Junho?"

"Do you think he'll pick one of us? Yah! how do I look?")

 

Hyoyeon could hear all the words that were going around the room. She was sure Junho could too - it wasn't a very big space and given that people had practically scooted closer to eavesdrop on their conversation - it was a two way street. She was actually still confused about what was happening - it was just so unexpected and she had to admit - very flattering. It wasn't everyday that she heard such high praise -- and coming from a goodlooking celebrity in the making!

'Am I crazy to reject him?' she wondered.

 

"Please Hyoyeon ssi? I'm sure your friends would not be happy if you didn't go to the party - everyone's going to be there! Moreoever, its a celebration," he cajoled, "and seeing how good you are I think you deserve to celebrate everything you've accomplished."

But..

"Mianheyo," the object of his persuasion still answered with a rueful smile, "I don't think so."

From behind Junho, she could see the three monkeys (aka Min, Nicole and JiYoung) giving her pleading looks, complete with folded hands. It was quite a funny sight causing a giggle to slip out. Junho turned around and saw them, "Aha! I was right - see, your friends are sad that you're saying you won't go. You three wouldn't mind joining our table, right ladies?"

The younger girls almost melted into a puddle, nodding like bobbleheads.

"Will all the other 2PM oppas be there too?"

"Yes, and the other trainees from HotBlood."

"You mean Jung Jinwoon too?" Nicole yelped - the boy was her crush of the month. Getting affirmation, she quickly pounced on Hyoyeon, shaking her by her shoulders, "Unnie! Ka-ja!"

 

Hyoyeon didn't want to crush Nicole's dreams but at the same time, she really didn't want to go either. Seeing Hyukjae in a potentially alcohol filled environment filled her with trepidation - she was afraid she would lose self-control. 

"I'm sorry I just....." she looked down as her voice trailed off. 

"Unnieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"It'll be fun!"

"That's right - we'll be there. Your three monkeys!"

 

 

"See! How bad can it be? We are all decent fun people, I promise you so please... Hyoyeon ssi?"

 

 

"Excuse me Junho, the lady obviously doesn't want to go to the party so maybe you should accept it..."

 

Hyoyeon's head shot up in surprise. It was Hyukjae who had spoken.

- 'Does he care?' hope swelled in her heart. 'Was this situation with her and Junho bothering him?'

"...so that I can get back my class. The break should've been over five minutes ago and we are losing precious time."

- And just like that, her heart deflated again. 'Duh, as if! Hyoyeon He just wanted his class back.'

===============================================================================

"I apologise sunbae," there was a hint of sarcasm laced in Junho's tone as he slightly bowed towards Hyukjae, "I didn't mean to. I guess I was just too captivated by Hyoyeon ssi. And I'm sorry to you too Hyoyeon ssi," he turned towards her, "I didn't mean to put you in an awkward position. Just know that I'm a fan and I hope we can have coffee or something... sometime..."  He gave her a full bow and headed towards the door.

 

As she watched him leave, Hyoyeon couldn't help but picture Taeyeon in her mind yelling at her "SEE HYOYEON! FISH! That's a fish! and he's just swimming around you - waiting for you to reel him in! Go! For the love of god Go CATCH!"

She bit her lip, and took a deep breath contemplating ....

.....

.....

.....

'Oh what the hell!' 

 

"Wait! Junho ssi!!"

The boy turned around with a hopeful face and she hurried her steps to meet him by the door. 

 

The whispers had started up again - but Hyoyeon's head was buzzing to much to decipher them. Impulsively, she grabbed his arm and led him outside the room. 

*whispers*

("Daebak it's like we're watching a romantic comedy!"

"Heol heol heol.. I think I ship them now"

"Junho-Hyoyeon couple? JunHyo couple?"

"If it's Hyoyeon unnie then I can accept it."

"Yahhhhhh Jung Nicole! Lee MinYoung! Do you know what this means? WE ARE HANGING OUT WITH JYP TRAINEES TOMORROW!")

 

"EXCUSE ME!"

Hyukjae's loud voice booming over the speakers almost gave the hyperventilating girls a heart attack, "I'm sorry I don't have any popcorn so can we please get back to the lesson now?"

His eyes darted towards the door before quickly refocusing on the students. 

=========================================================================

A/N - Please remember:

FOR EVERYTHING A REASON

Thank you for reading and commenting and your patience regarding a specific MR. FISH. This was a bonus aka unplanned chapter (yet again) so I will update the action packed one very soon