let myself fall

If you were mine...

A/N: an update! no excuses no false promises this time, except i'm sorry and feel free to hate me .. but not the story ;p

                                                                                   *********************************************************

20

“We’re here Hyoyeon.”

He finally looked at the girl for the first time since they got into the car. She had her chin tucked under her as her soft breathing made her blonde hair flicker.

‘Why does she have to be so perfect? Why did Donghae have to meet her first?’

“Hyo.. we are here!” he prodded again. ‘Was she really asleep?’

He undid his seatbelt and leaned over. He knew her well enough to tell that she had been pretending to be asleep out of awkwardness but now it looked like she had actually fallen asleep.

He chuckled softly.

 

Gazing at her features lovingly, he whispered “What am I going to do? Do you know you’re driving me crazy even just lying there?” His fingertips brushed against her cheek gently, “Kim Hyoyeon, turns out I can’t fool myself any longer. I’ve fallen for you.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyoyeon’s mind fluttered awake upon feeling a ticklish sensation on her cheek.

“... turns out I can’t fool myself any longer.” She froze – that was Hyukjae speaking. Everything that had happened between them earlier came flooding back – and she held her breath afraid to move.

I’ve fallen for you.”

‘He confessed! oh god he freaking confessed!’ she wanted to jump up and dance or shout from the car or hug him but instead, she tightly balled her hands up. She had embarrassed herself in front of him enough for one day.

No, the smarter thing would be to wait for him to confess to her again when she was awake. Then, she would girlishly nod and say, “I’ve fallen for you too, Lee Hyukjae!”

‘Aigoo…. shy!’

 

 

 

A tapping sound on the window from outside caused her to jump mid-imagination.

It was Hyukjae again.

“Hey, we are at your house.”

Hyoyeon stepped out of the car giving him an understanding smile. The thumping of her heart was insane at that moment – wondering if he was about to confess. But Hyukjae simply stood aside to let her pass and with a slight wave, walked back to the driver’s side.

Confused, Hyoyeon continued to walk to her doorstep. However, she had an urge to turn around before entering the house

and there was Hyukjae – resting his forearms on the car-top watching until she made it in safely.

 

‘God, he’s so perfect!’ she ducked her head quickly to hide the happy smile on her face and hurried inside.

====================================================================================

The next day was a Saturday and much to Hyoyeon’s distress, she woke up to find that a cluster of butterflies had decided to camp inside of her. She couldn’t complete the simplest of tasks – like cleaning her room, cooking lunch, or gardening – without getting jittery and anxious. Every time her phone made a sound, her heart would leap hoping that the screen would light up with his name….

But it never did.

 

And things only got worse the following Monday. She could  barely follow along to the dance steps that Hyukjae was teaching - how could she when his toned arms were making her lightheaded like some dramatic swooning Shakespearan heroine?

"Shake yourself out of it, Kim Hyoyeon. You are a modern 21st century woman!" But even berating herself had no effect on the lovespell that had hypnotized her so the she did the next best thing - avoided any kind of eye contact or interaction with him the entire two hours. 

 

Luckily, it wasn't too difficult thanks to the Hyukjae fanclub of Min, Nicole and Jiyoung, who constantly demanded his attention and kept him trapped with their endless questions during breaks.

 

But that's where her good luck ran dry because it was now the much dreaded (yet equally anticipated) 9:00 pm.

As the students began saying their goodbyes and leaving the studio, Hyoyeon closed her eyes and slowly made a decision. 

If she wanted to avoid making a complete fool of herself in front of him, she might as well be the one to confess to him.

 

You can do it Hyoyeon, fighting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Hyoyeon unnie, do you want to get some ramen with us?" Min approached her, her arms locked with Nicole and Jiyoung.

Hyukjae's ears perked up from the front of them room - but he continued his task of locking up the microphone and audio system into the cabinet. 

"Thanks but not today guys, I have to finish something and head straight home." he heard her say. 

He hastened his movements.

 

"Aweee really? that , We were hoping you would treat us!" Nicole said frankly. 

"Yah!" The other two quickly covered and dragged her away. 

Laughing, Hyoyeon called out after them, "I'll treat you guys tomorrow night. I promise." As the door closed shut behind them, her shoulders relaxed. She felt lighter... less nervous... the funny encounter having released some of the tension that had built up inside her. 

She took a deep breath, prolonging the feeling and counted to three slowly before opening her eyes,

'ok let's do this!'