Answers

Straight as a ruler

Yixing’s not sure who looks more shocked, himself or Joonmyun when he finally notices him. Unlike Yixing however, Joonmyun does a much better job of composing himself, smiling at Tao as he walks over to the front.

“I must admit Joonmyun, when you told me this concerned a ripped suit, my poor self was so shocked!” Tao exclaims, putting a hand over his heart, “Never in the time I’ve known you would I have thought you’d be the one to wreck two good suits!”

Joonmyun laughs as he places the two suits onto the counter. “Fortunately for you, these are not my suits but a co-worker’s. He told me about how he wrecked them and I told him you’re the best person I know who could fix them up.”

“How does a person even do this to two suits?” Tao asks in disbelief as he checks them over, Joonmyun merely shrugging in response.

In the midst of their conversation, Yixing quietly puts his jacket on, making sure he has all of his belongings with him. As he goes to leave however, Joonmyun reaches behind him and grabs his sleeve, gently tugging it before letting him go. Yixing stands there confused, frowning at him. Was Joonmyun trying to tell him to stay? Regardless, he goes to leave and even makes it as far as opening the door before he hesitates and closes it again. He stands there quietly, listening and waiting as Joonmyun says goodbye to Tao and makes his way out of the shop, Yixing following quietly behind him.

Outside the shop is just as awkward for them as it was inside. Joonmyun has his hands in his coat pocket and is looking anywhere but at Yixing. Yixing’s gaze has been fixed to the floor the whole time, biting his lip and trying to think of something to say. Before he can say anything though, Joonmyun beats him to it.

“I’m sorry. About what happened the other day” he begins, Yixing looking at him in confusion. “I know it looked kind of rude to come in and then just leave again, but work’s been super hectic recently and I was hoping to get five minutes away but… apparently not.”

“You’re back at work?”

“Yeah” Joonmyun sighs, “I was told I could come back to work some days rather than full time, but even then, it’s been hectic. There’s new models in the works, loads of people have either been ill or taken their holidays now. It’s not been fun, let’s just keep it at that.”

That would explain why Joonmyun never called him back or answered his message. Now Yixing feels very idiotic.

“I never got to properly thank you for taking me home. The night I got… drunk” he says, feeling slightly embarrassed, “I’m also really sorry if I said or did anything. I really didn’t mean to!”

Joonmyun frowns at him, shaking his head slightly. “What do you mean?”

“It’s kind of embarrassing, but I really don’t remember much of that night past Kyungsoo nearly hitting his head on the table” Yixing admits with an embarrassed laugh. “But I can’t shake the feeling that I might have said or done something whilst I was drunk. If I did, I really am sorry and I really didn’t mean what I did.”

Yixing can sense the hesitation within Joonmyun, even as he laughs. If there was something Joonmyun wasn’t telling him, he wasn’t going to ask when the latter reassures him with “Yixing, don’t worry. The worst you did when I picked you up was pass out in my arms and then wake up to throw up. You were lucky I had quick reflexes, you almost puked on both of us.”

Yixing sighs in relief and again feels like a massive idiot. He spent all of that time worrying when nothing actually happened? That Joonmyun couldn’t answer his message because he was back at work again?

Joonmyun notices Yixing shivering as the wind begins to pick up. Reaching for the end of his sleeve, Joonmyun begins to lead them down the road and towards his car. “Come with me. I don’t know about you, but I’m starving!”

 

 

Which is how Yixing finds himself sat across from Joonmyun at a restaurant not that far away from his place. He had come here with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun plenty of times before, but sitting there with nobody else but Joonmyun made the atmosphere all the more different. Too different for his liking.

“You really have to try this” Joonmyun says, pointing to the plate of Bindaetteok before he stuffed his face with some Galbi. It was quite humorous watching Joonmyun ravage his food, and Yixing took delight in seeing this side of Joonmyun he hadn’t seen before. He wasn’t kidding when he said he was starving.

“You really have to try this!” Yixing exclaims, breaking off some Gyeran Jjim and holding it out for Joonmyun to take, watching as he takes a bite and his eyes widen before he nods in agreement.

“That’s delicious!” he replies, mouth still full. Very hungry Joonmyun was definitely Yixing’s favourite Joonmyun so far. 

“Oh, what a sweet couple you two are” an elderly woman comments, and Yixing goes to tell her that they’re not together, but then he sees Joonmyun just smile and bow his head. Yixing tells himself that Joonmyun’s probably only doing it to look polite, no other reason but that, and silently goes back to eating his food.

“I still owe you for everything you’ve done for me” Yixing brings up again once they’ve finished eating. “And don’t try to say otherwise. I’ll just do it whether you like it or not.”

“If you really want to pay me back, there’s an outdoor ice skating rink opening next Friday. You can pay for both of us to go for an hour or something” Joonmyun offers

“I’ve never been ice skating before” Yixing admits, making Joonmyun smirk

“Well then, I’ll get a free session and a good laugh as I watch you try and fail to work yourself around a rink” he teases, laughing when he feels Yixing attempt to kick him from underneath the table.

“If that’s what you really want, then I’ll go ice skating. I’ll sacrifice my dignity for your enjoyment!”

“It’s a date.”

Thinking about it, it really did sound like a date. Yixing hadn't thought this one through at all. He definitely wasn't going to get through ice skating in one piece.


It's getting so close to the chapter I've been waiting for... I really can't wait... 

For anyone who is interested: 

- Bindaetteok are a variety of Korean pancakes made from mung beans, green onions, and kimchi. Unlike American pancakes, these are salty/savoury pancakes 
- Galbi are basically grilled ribs 
- Gyeran Jjin is egg casarole and the closest thing that Koreans have to quiche 

Until the next chapter!!