The Infamous Byun Baekhyun

Straight as a ruler

Sehun had heard a lot about Baekhyun from both Kyungsoo and Yixing. The confusing thing however was that whilst Yixing spoke fondly of Baekhyun and shared many funny stories about him, Kyungsoo spoke of him like he was a nuisance and often shared stories of times he could have killed the guy. With conflicting accounts of the guy currently running up to Kyungsoo and pulling him in for a hug, Sehun wasn’t quite sure of what to think about him just yet.

Baekhyun had been away almost half a year working for a top pastry chef in Tokyo. Not to brag about himself or anything, he took great pride in telling the others that because he was so good, the head chef gave him a great reference to come back to Seoul and start working for another top pastry chef in the city. Whilst out in Tokyo he had met his now boyfriend Chanyeol and both of them decided to move back together, and on their second day back decided to pay Kyungsoo’s café a little visit.

“But I don’t start my job for a couple of weeks. So it gives me a chance to come here and ask dear Kyungsoo all about this new boyfriend he has” he finishes, resting his chin on his hands and smiling at Kyungsoo until he relents and told him everything. Chanyeol listens in, but eventually gets bored and starts talking to Sehun instead.

“You ignored the guy over some stupid allergy?” Baekhyun asks once Kyungsoo’s finished, shock evident on his face.

“H-hey, I haven’t been around dogs in a long time! I didn’t know if I was going to have a huge reaction or anything!” Kyungsoo replies, getting angrier at Baekhyun by the minute

“So you ignore him?!”

“We’re fine now!” Kyungsoo exclaims, huffing and turning away from Baekhyun with his arms crossed. Was this about to be added to the list of times that Kyungsoo wanted to kill him?

“What about you Yixing? Have you had better luck than him?” Baekhyun asks, turning to Yixing just as Kyungsoo scoffs and mutters something under his breath. Yixing could lie, but Baekhyun’s known him long enough now that he would be able to see right through it all. Rather reluctantly, he sighs and tells Baekhyun about Joonmyun. Once he’s finished, Baekhyun looks from him to Kyungsoo in disbelief, shaking his head.

“I’ve gotta say, I’m very disappointed with you two” he says sadly, “I thought I taught you better than this”

“Like you had better luck than us” Kyungsoo spits back, Baekhyun turning back to Chanyeol who had been quietly listening to the conversation with Sehun when it started to get a bit heated.

“Actually, I’d say he was quite successful” he says, laughing nervously, “He saw me in the club, apparently thought I was hot, and kept asking me for my number until I gave it to him. I thought he would forget because he was bordering drunk but I was actually surprised to find a message from him the next morning”

Yixing and Kyungsoo turn back to Baekhyun who is now wearing a smug smirk on his face, shrugging his shoulders, “What can I say? If I see something I like, I make sure I get it”.

Both of his friends roll their eyes and shake their heads whilst Chanyeol blushes slightly at Baekhyun’s comment. Getting over the cheesiness of his sentence, Baekhyun looks between the two of them before sighing and nodding his head.

“It’s decided, there’s only one way we can deal with your disappointing performances; drinking” he concludes, turning to Sehun, “All of us can go!”

“I’m not nineteen yet. I can’t go” Sehun replies, Baekhyun waving the comment away

“That doesn’t matter, we’ll think of something” he dismisses, Kyungsoo’s eyes quickly widening, reaching out to slap the back of Baekhyun’s head

“I do not condone drinking with my underage workers!” he all but screeches at him

“Oh come on, what’s a little bit of alcohol gonna do to him?” Baekhyun whines, rubbing the spot where Kyungsoo had slapped him

“A lot! He hasn’t even graduated school yet!”

“Geez, okay. Man, you become an owner of a café and suddenly you’re the world’s most responsible adult” he mutters, turning to Sehun, “We’ll have to do something legal with you another time then!”

Kyungsoo at first objects to going out drinking with Baekhyun, past experiences of getting drunk with him springing to mind. Then Baekhyun manages to get Yixing to come out with him and Chanyeol and Kyungsoo has no choice to agree to come out then. There was no way he was letting him drink alone with Baekhyun again!

“Cheer up guys! We’re gonna have so much fun tonight!” Baekhyun says happily, throwing his arms around both of their shoulders

“I’m only having a few” Yixing makes sure to tell him, “I’m opening tomorrow and I don’t want to be hungover whilst doing it”

 

 

“It’s just not fair!” Yixing slurs, leaning across the table towards Baekhyun as Chanyeol grabs his glass to stop it from spilling

“What-hic- what’s wrong. T-tell Baekkie everything”

“Y-you… you and Kyungsoo… you get-hic- you get good men!” he exclaims loudly, jabbing a finger into his chest “I’m the idiot who goes for straight men… It’s not fair!”

Yixing looks close to crying and Baekhyun pouts, throwing himself across the table to try and hug him. Again, Chanyeol has to quickly grab his glass to stop it tipping over.

“No! You’re not an idiot! You… you are a l-lovely man who will find someone one day. I-I know it!”

Yixing nods his head and both of them clink their glasses together, so sloppily that some beer spills out and floods the table.

“You two… you two need to watch your drink. You’re having too much!” Kyungsoo says, his speech beginning to slur as well as he tries to grab Yixing’s glass, but Yixing yanks his hand away and Kyungsoo almost ends up head butting the table instead.

No! Yixing is a grown up independent man who doesn’t need anybody telling him what to do. Leave- hic- leave him to drink all he wants!” Baekhyun shouts as Yixing nods his head and they both go to clink their glasses again, but end up missing completely.

Chanyeol stares at the three of them and shakes his head. He’s had just as much to drink as them, and all he’s gotten so far is a headache from the amount of shouting that they’ve all done to talk to each other. Baekhyun was right, they were all extreme lightweights. He sighs and reaches out to stop Baekhyun from falling out of his seat, thinking to himself that this was gonna be a long night.

 

 

It’s close to midnight when Joonmyun finally feels tired enough to go to bed. He’s just about to brush his teeth when his phone begins to ring, frowning when Yixing’s name flashes up. He never calls him this late.

“Hello? Yixing? Are you okay?”

“Uh, hi” comes a voice that Joonmyun doesn’t recognise “You don’t know me and I don’t know you, but I have a very drunk Yixing next to me and there’s no way a taxi will take him home. He keeps talking about a Joonmyun guy and I managed to get his phone off of him and found you”

Joonmyun sighs and runs his hand through his hair. He guessed this was finally karma coming to catch up with him for the time he got drunk and Yixing had to haul his home. When he pulls up outside of the bar, Chanyeol is waiting for him with a very drunk Yixing leaning on him from one side, and who Joonmyun guessed to be Baekhyun leaning on his other side.

“So, this is the infamous Byun Baekhyun I’ve heard so much about?” he asks, laughing when Baekhyun whines something to Chanyeol and buries his face into his side. “Where’s Kyungsoo?”

“He drunk called Jongin and confessed to him just how much he liked him. Jongin decided there and then to come take him home”

Laughing at the three drunk friends, Joonmyun walks over and finally takes Yixing away from Chanyeol.  The two of them say goodbye and whilst Chanyeol walks away with Baekhyun, Joonmyun leans Yixing against him and attempts to walk him over to the car. Pretty difficult when Yixing was putting all of his weight against him.

“itsnotfair” Yixing slurs in one go, but Joonmyun manages to catch what he says

“What’s not fair?” he asks, fishing through his pocket for his car keys

“I keep-hic- I keep trying to show you… bu-but you’re too stupid. I-I’m so stupid!”   

“Yixing, you’re drunk, let’s just get you in the car and then I’ll take you home” Joonmyun tries, finally finding his keys and unlocking the car. Before he can open the passenger’s side however, Yixing pins him against the car, cupping Joonmyun’s face in his hands.

“Yi-Yixing?” Joonmyun squeaks

“Why don’t you like me?” he asks before finally passing out in Joonmyun’s arms.


Hello everybody, how are you? Hope you're all happy and well! 

So yeah... this chapter... it was never actually supposed to be written, but then one night (instead of doing work I was supposed to do) I thought, you know, I've mentioned Baekhyun quite a lot, wouldn't it be funny to finally have him here. Turns out, all Yixing needed was Baekhyun to help him "confess" to Joonmyun. It's also without a doubt my fave chapter so far. 

I might update before the 25th, depends how I'm feeling. If not, I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and get everything you want. If you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope you have a lovely day regardless. 

(Also, thank you for all the comments people wrote on the previous chapter that was here. They really helped a lot) 

Until the next chapter!