Hello

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What is going to school actually good for?

Teachers force these "facts" into your brain and they eventually turn you into one of them, like it's actually a good thing to become one of them.

Why am I even here. I can't even understand what the hell it is she's writing on that damn board, being dyslexic and all.

Just one of the decisions I made that I've come to regret.

I thought it was a good idea to go back to school so I could go back to having a normal life.

A life where Im not treated like a damn figurine that's made of delicate glass.

But my life in school isn't any better than it was when I was home-schooled. In fact I feel even lonelier.

RIIIIIIIING.

There goes the bell.

Most students would be overjoyed whenever they hear the bell signaling the end of a boring class and the beginning of an hour and a half of break, but not me.

For me it is the end of an intolerable experience signaling the beginning of an even worse experience.

"Pabo-ssi!" One of my classmate teases. Bravo to his nickname-thinking skills. I try to ignore him like I usually do.

"Paboo-ssi." Another one repeats in a sing-song yet mocking tone.

They've gathered around me now, these bored bastards. I try to ignore them as best I could, like always, but it never actually helps in making them stop.

"Ya. Pabo-ssi. Did you understand anything the teacher said?" The tall, big-nosed, and chubby one said slowly as if he was talking to a child. I grab the headphones in my bag and immediately put them on. I stick the jack into my ipod and I turn the volume way up.

This didn't seem to please them, I don't think anything ever does, so they tore the headphones off my head. That really pissed me off, but I brush it off. I don't want to stoop down their level. 

"Oh Pabo-ssi! That's really rude. We were talking to you!" The tall, buck-teethed and smelly one said.

"Woah listen to his playlist. They're all romantic ." One of them exclaimed while laughing hard. I grit my teeth as I try to calm the building anger within me. What's so in wrong with mellow songs?

"Well he's old so I'm sure he's fallen in loooove!" Another one exclaimed in laughter as he spoke right in front of my face. 

"Have you fallen in love Pabo-ssi? Or are you too stupid, even for that?" The same one asked me and the rest of them laughed. I really want to punch this but like he said, Im older than them and I'd feel really pathetic if I become too agitated and punch these childish losers.

But I've had enough. "Shut up!" I scream. All heads turned towards me, looking surprised after my outburst. Every friggin day they do this to me and it's so tiring! I just want to experience a normal life. I don't want people to know I'm dyslexic, exactly because I don't want to be treated differently. But dyslexic or not, I'm still treated like a weirdo, an outcast. I'm sick and tired of it.

I grab my stuff, put my headphones back on and again, turn the volume way up. I march out of our classroom and head towards wherever I might feel freer and less different. 

I head straight to the school backyard and sneek out of school through my very own secret passage. Keep walking and walking, wherever my feet hastily took me. The more steps I take the heavier my hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter