that

Game Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    The two were now sitting in Jackson’s car and the boy hadn’t said a word since the gymnasium. Yejin held out her hands to the heater and glanced over at Jackson. His focus was on the road and his eyes were stern. The girl felt tense just looking at him. She was somewhat terrified of where he was taking her, but curiosity had won out. The car trekked along the wet winter road and began to slow down in front of a massive building downtown. Yejin looked over at Jackson, who loosen his grip on the steering wheel before letting his arms fall to his lap. The boy looked at her but soon dropped his gaze. He ran a hand through his cropped black hair and took in a quick breath.


 

    “This is my dad’s work,” he said, referring to the corporate building they were parked in front of. Yejin looked through the driver’s window at the massive skyscraper. The company was one of those massive conglomerates that were worth millions, if not billions, of dollars. The girl looked back at Jackson, who was biting his lip.


 

    “My father is the second son, but his older brother died, so he currently owns it,” Jackson said.


 

    “The building?” Yejin asked.


 

    “The entire company,” Jackson said. Yejin’s eyes widened in shock. No way Wang Jackson was one of those snotty rich kids. His last name didn’t even match with the company’s name.


 

    “My last name is from my mother’s side. She said it’s because they wanted to protect me from any guerilla tactics other companies may try to pull. Our company has its main branches in China, and they like to play dirty over there,” the boy said. Yejin couldn’t believe what she was hearing. This had to all be a joke. More so, why was he telling her this? She did ask to learn more about him though, so maybe this was going somewhere. The girl just looked at him and waited.


 

    “They have to protect me because I’m the eldest son, and the heir to the company,” he said. Yejin froze. If this was where she thought it was going, like how it goes in a lot of dramas she watches, then it wasn’t good. She started to brace herself for the shock his inevitable rejection would give her.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter