to

Game Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yejin felt her heart beat faster in her chest as she thought of what she just said. She hoped they wouldn’t laugh at her, but by the mildly surprised look they shared, they seemed curious.

 

“Okay, little mouse. Show us what you got,” the twiggy guy on the far left said as the ball he held in his hands dropped to the floor as he started dribbling. The boys followed along and the group started a game of basketball where the teams seemed to be a bit uneven. This meaning eight against one. Yejin panicked and ran around as the guys tossed the ball to one another. She felt a cold sweat break out on her face as she saw no opportunity to intervene and get the ball. She had no idea how to play the game, which is exactly why she asked for help. Soon enough Yejin was standing in the center of the court alone as the team made a shot and earned a point.

 

“Why should we waste time with you when we are already a man down and you have no skill,” a guy with bleached blonde hair said as the attention was refocused on her.

 

“Because, you’re a man down. You need a replacement,” Yejin said without thinking. She felt her hands clam up and moisture roll down her back as her heart patted faster and faster.

 

“We have plenty of guys who sit on the bench who can fill Jackson’s shoes. Why would we pick you,” the big guy said as he walked towards her. Yejin felt like she should just give up and walk away. But she knew if she did that then she would spend the rest of the day, week, probably even the month being given even harsher looks and having more whispers thrown her way.

 

“Guys, we did tell her we would teach her a lesson. She seems smart enough and can make a free throw. If she wants it so bad then let's make her work for it,” A guy with spiked black hair who was shorter than most of the team spoke up. This cause a tense silence among the group as they pondered the thought “How about we have her practice with us after school. If coach says she’s good enough, then she’ll be the replacement,” he said.


 

And that's what happened. The boys half heartily agreed and Yejin nodded in confirmation as she nonchalantly wiped her hands on her skirt, hoping no one could see the gleaming pools that had collected on her palms. After that was settled the guys started talking amongst themselves and the girl took this opportunity the grab her bag and head to her homeroom. Classes flew by faster then Yejin wanted and once lunch time rolled around she stayed in her seat while the rest of the students left for the cafeteria. Except for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter