bumpy

Game Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     Yejin changed into more comfortable clothes and ignored her homework until the doorbell rang. She got up from her spot on the couch and opened the door to reveal a beaten and bruised Jackson on the other side. The girl gasped as the boy stood infront of her, cold stone face unchanged. She stared at him for a moment before realizing he didn’t want to come in, so she had to go out. The sun was about to set but the cold air had no effect in comparison to her nerves. Jackson sighed before rubbing the back of his neck and looking off into the sky.

 

     “I’m sorry for wasting your time, but I don’t think we should do this anymore,” he said, not letting his eyes met hers. Yejin’s eyebrows raised in shock as she processed this. She opened and stuttered out a few syllables before sealing her lips and dropping her gaze to the concrete.

 

     “I thought you were interesting and cute, but this isn’t worth all the I’ve been getting lately. After school some guys jumped me and now I have a broken face in addition to a broken arm. I thought you would be special but all you’ve brought me is bad luck,” Jackson said in mild disgust and Yejin felt each word crush her more and more. The girl had already used up her reservoir of tears for the day so she didn’t have to worry about waterworks. She felt his eyes on her and used all of energy to not snap at him. The girl lifted her head and gulped back a scream.

 

“Okay,” was all she said before entering her house and slamming the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter