life

Game Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

        The next morning Yejin woke up to her parents screaming at one another. This was becoming a daily occurrence and no matter how often the girl tried to keep calm and talk to them, nothing ever helped. Despite doing her best to persuade Hoon into keeping his mouth shut, the little boy still blabbed and Yejin earned a half hour lecture last night from both parents. Sad as it sounds, the girl was a little happy to see them agreeing with each other for once. But with her not being on their good side, she needed to escape the house without them noticing. After putting on her school uniform and tip toeing down the hall to the bathroom, the only thing missing was breakfast. Knowing better than to enter the kitchen where her parents were, the girl opted to climb out of her bedroom window.  
 

 

        According to her phone's lockscreen, she was right on time for school. A gurgle came from her stomach and she knew there was no way to hit the cafeteria for a bite to eat before homeroom started. Yejin may not have perfect grades, but she prides herself on never being absent or tardy. Even though no one would notice, or care, if she was. There were three minutes before class started when she walked on campus. She tried not to come this late, but it happened enough in her two years to where she knew the best route to get through the traffic. Paying no mind to who was in the group in front of her, only caring that they were walking far too slow for her liking, Yejin did her best to step up her pace and go around them. When she heard a 'hey' come from behind her, she automatically called it off as not being intended for her. Then she felt a harsh tug on her backpack, yanking her body in the opposite direction of where she so desperately wanted to go. The grip didn't loosen after a few seconds. Yejin tried to just keep walking forward, but the person behind her was not about to let that happen. 
 

 

        "Hey. I'm talking to you," she heard in her ear, way too loud and close for comfort. The girl felt the subtle warmth of the person's body heat wither as they pulled away from her. Next thing she knew, Jackson and his group were in front of her, and Wang himself yet again had his hold on her. Well, her backpack this time. She saw their smirks and cocked eyebrows as they all hushed whatever conversation they had been having. 
 

 

        "Are you ignoring me? I thought we were friends," he said in her ear, loud enough for his friends to hear and to make the girl's eardrum pound, causing a headache. She said nothing in response, knowing that people only want a response to keep them going. If she stayed silent, like she always has, then this would all be over. Yejin stood there, in front of the boys as Jackson kept a grip on her bag. When the bell rang alerting them that class was starting, she panicked. She was now tardy. For the first time in years, Yejin was late for school

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter