Your

Game Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Yejin sat frozen in her seat as the boy kept his lips on hers. In all of her seventeen years, this was her first kiss and it was far from how she imagined it. She had instinctively closed her eyes and was now unsure if she should open them. Jackson pulled back and broke any physical contact between the two. When the girl opened her eyes, she saw him straighten up to his full height, eyes still on her. Yejin couldn't tell if she was embarrassed or angry, just that she felt full of emotion and didn't know what to do.

 

                "So..uh," Jackson said as he maintained eye contact. The girl did her best to look numb as she spoke.

 

                "It was just a dare, right?" she asked, referring to the night before. The boy stood stiff before scratching the back of his neck. He let out a sigh as Yejin let her gaze drop to ground. Jackson walked around the girl and sat turned around in the desk in front of her.

 

                "We're friends,right?" Jackson asked in a soft voice. Yejin held her gaze on the speckled white tile as she thought about this. They had been sudden enemies, then Jackson said he liked her, which she didn't believe. Now he was doing all he could to be all over her.

 

                "No," she answered accompanied with a small shake of her head.

 

                "Can we be friends?" he asked as he sat an elbow on her desk for him to rest his chin upon. Yejin let out a sigh and decided she was tired of this game. If she said what she really thought, he might not leave her alone, but it would clear her head a bit.

 

                "I don't know what kind of game you're playing. I can't tell when you are honest and when you're not. I don't know why you act so nice and happy towards everyone else but so odd around me. I'm not special or interesting or smart or anything. I don't have a single clue as to why you want to be my friend. If you could be honest and tell me what is really in your head for once and not act weird about it, then sure, fine, we can be friends," she said, glancing all around the room while speaking as she was unable to hold eye contact for more than a few seconds. She let out a breath and closed .

 

                "Fine," he said as he looked at her. When their eyes met he spoke again. "I wanted your attention. I like being center of attention okay. When I didn't get it, I got upset and complained about it to my friends. It made me upset and I acted dumb, that's the truth. But when I finally got you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter