Chapter 12: Moment In The Air

The Tale Of A Lion Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 12: Moment In The Air

 

25th December 2016, Sunday, 05:37 a.m. (Seoul current time)

Incheon Aiport: Waiting Lobby.

Jessica POV

 

"Do you want to know about her furthermore?" He asked.

 

Now should I say yes or no? I don't want him to get hurt. I think he's hurt enough by my question just now. I can't reject his idea either because he seems in a good mood at this moment. "If you're fine with it." There I go. At least I want to be a good listener to him if that will make him feel better.

 

"What is it about her that you want to know?" He look at me straight as he asked that.

 

I tapped my chin. "Anything you want to tell me about." That is the safest answer for his question I guess.

 

"She was born in 1990 and I get to know her when she was 18. She was so young at that time and yet she have grown so much as a fine woman even at that age." He explain as a smile plastered on his face. I think he's getting his smile back. Can't help but smile along with him.

 

"I guess you fell for her because of that. Am I right?" I asked which makes his smile grow wider. Assa! I did a great job.

 

He nodded as a smile never leave his lips. "We get together and spend time a lot with each other. It was such a beautiful memory." He lean his back at the chair and look at me. "Thank you for listening." He said. Maybe he want to stop now.

 

"Just think of it as a duty of a friend. I will always here to lend my ears for you." I said. Wait. What am I saying? That sound so much like a teenage girl talking to her crush. I facepalmed myself as I turned my head to the other side.

 

"Thank you, Miss Jessica. You're so nice." He said. I know right? Keke.

 

"No problem, Sir." I salute playfully at him. It's funny how a friend talk so formally like this. Wait. Did I just claimed myself as his friend? That was embarrassing Jessica! You should wait for him to say it first.

 

“Sorry that I got swayed by my emotion just now. I didn’t meant to.” He said with apologetic smile.

 

“It’s fine. That usually happened if we lost someone we love very dearly. I would be the same if I were you.” I try to coax him. Wonder if it work or not?

 

“Thanks for your understanding."

 

...

 

Finally it’s time for us to board our flight. Again we walk side by side there. It such a big coincidence that we board in the same flight. Another big coincidence happened when we found out that our seat number just next to each other.

 

It’s a great feeling. I’m not sure why I’m smiling right now. Is it fate between us? Ahing! Stop dreaming Jessica. Your boyfriend is already waiting for you there. Luckily I choose the seat that is next to window so that I will not feel awkward and I can look out of window when I did.

 

As I take a seat and make myself comfortable in my seat I steal glance at him. He’s busy fixing himself at his seat. I wonder what will Soojung think of this. I need to ask for a selca before we depart. I clear my throat nervously and he look at me.

 

“I wonder if I can take a selca with you?” I bravely asked.

 

“Sure. Lets make it quick before it depart.” He said. “Are we going to use my phone or yours?” He asked. How can he sound so considerate with that simple question?

 

“Lets take it with mine.” I said and quickly grab my phone. I held out my phone as he lean closer to me. I do the same and click. “Thank you.” I said and he smile.

 

“Like usual.” He said and I get what he mean. I took note in my head to send this picture to him later. I turn off my phone and wear a seatbelt. The flight is departing from the airport now. What a great feeling! It’s been so long since I travel again.

 

...

 

I saw that he look at his wrist watch and then he look outside of the window. He stare at it for a long time and then he begin to speak. “I purposely take an early flight so that I can manage to see the sunrise. It's beautiful from this sight.” He said and smile. He really love to smile. Maybe that is his way to cure the pain in his heart.

 

“It’s so beautiful from up here than down there.” I agree with his thought.

 

“It should be here any minute from now on.” He said as his gaze still looking at the window. Just then piu piu. It’s sunrise! I look at the sunrise and smile. It feels so calm by looking at it. I steal glance at him again and he looks so mesmerize by a sunrise. He let out a small smile as he look at it.

 

He lean at the back of his seat as he's done looking. “Where are your friends?” I asked. I really want to ask him at the moment we met but I’m unable to ask.

 

“They had flied to London on 11 p.m. 24th December, Korean time. Why?”

 

“Uh. Nothing. I just wonder why they are not with you.” I smile at him and look out of window. I feel sleepy but I can’t sleep. He’s sitting too near with me and I’m too nervous to even fall asleep. I might look like a mess when I wake up.

 

“I bet my friend Soo is going to be jealous of me if he know that I’m in here with you. He’s really a big fans of you.” He shook his head as he smile. He look better than ever if he smile this way. He looks really down before. Glad that he’s better now.

 

Wow. He’s really a big fans of me uh? I think he’s so cute. Not this Prince but Lieutenant General Soo as I imagine a guy bugging to his friend as he is spazzing over me. Keke. “I’ll be glad if I can meet him again someday.” I said but he shook his head in horror.

 

“No, Miss Jessica. You might feel uncomfortable with him around.” He let out a small laugh. Even his small laugh looks so good when he did it. Just what had gotten into me?

 

I smile and wonder why he said that. “Is it that bad?”

 

He nodded. “There was one day that I found my two other friends were gardening in my green house without Soo. Turned out they just injected him with a sleeping liquid because he’s fanboying about you released a new album too much. He was talking non-stop. It was so bad and I can’t help but shook my head because of it.”

 

That should sound creepy but why I’m laughing now? “Sorry I shouldn’t be laughing.” I said and held my laugh but he shook his head and smile at me.

 

“That’s fine. It is funny though. I laugh at it too that time.” He smile widely. I really can’t believe that I get to talk with a Prince of UK’s so comfortably like this. “You’re a comfortable friend, Miss Jessica.” He said and yes! Finally he claimed that we are friend! I guess he can read my mind uh?

 

“You too.” I said to him. After a while I yawn. It is Jessica’s sleeping time right now but I’m too nervous to even close my eyes. Maybe I should turn my head facing the window. Yes that is a good spot as I won’t see his face so that I can sleep comfortably.

 

I’m too shy to tell him that I’m going to sleep so I’m hoping that he can read through my action right now. I didn’t hear anything from him so I decide to have a sleep. It’s still a long journey before we arrived there.

 

...

 

I stir from my sleep and look at my wrist watch. It is only 4 hours since the flight departed from Seoul. The sunrise hit me so hard so that’s why. I woke up because of it. I reach for my phone and check my face before I turn my gaze to him.

 

I fixed my position and turned my head facing him. Oh my goodness. He’s studying something right now and he looks so damn serious. There are two thick files in front of him. My stomach growl and that makes him look at me. Damn my stomach. I quickly turned my head the other side to hide my blushed cheeks.

 

“A set of breakfast for my friend please.” I heard him. I shyly look at him and thanked him because of that. “No problem.” He then focus on the document in front of him again. I steal a glance on the document and it wrote ‘TOP SECRET’. I shouldn’t mind his business on this part or I will end up in prison because of this.

 

The breakfast had arrived and this one beautiful stewardess serve it on my table. I thanked her and she walk away from here. “Have you eat?” I asked before I touch my breakfast.

 

“Yes I did. Enjoy yours.” He smile.

 

I eat silently. I even munching my food in a slow manner as the awkward feeling is slowly eating me up. He’s being a magic man again right now as he close his file and excuse himself to the restroom. I immediately stuff all the food in my mouth and munch it fast. I can’t eat properly if he’s here beside me.

 

End of Jessica POV

 

 

 

He excuse himself to the restroom. “She must be uncomfortable with me around.” He thought as he look at the back view of her eating all of her food in a hungry and fast manner. He chuckles. “She’s so cute.” He mumbles.

 

“Is she your girl, Your Highness?” A stewardess asked.

 

“No, she’s my friend.” He said and smile at her.

 

He didn’t really want to go to the restroom actually. He know she’s feeling uncomfortable and just too shy to say it to him. He stay at the pilot resting room for 15 minutes and then he go back to his seat.

 

 

 

Jessica POV

 

Wow. He take a long time in the restroom. Now it’s only left sandwich for me to finish. Just then he comeback. He smile at me. “Want to eat something else?” He asked.

 

“I think I’m full now.” I smile back at him. Then I realized people look at us with a lovely smile. Wonder why? As I’m done eating the stewardess come and clean up my table.

 

“Both of you are so sweet.” A stewardess said as I give her a confused smile.

 

“She said that because of our matching outfit.” Yul whisper at me. Of course. I told you before right that I will call him Yul in my thought.

 

I begin to scan him. So that’s why? He’s wearing a black pant with a white shirt and black jacket while me wearing all white from head to toe. This is a first. Is it fate? “All right.” I said to him.

 

There he is. He begin to work again. As I don’t know what to do I grab the magazine that is readily prepared for the passenger to read. I saw him massaging his temples but his gaze still focus on it.

 

“You should take a rest and continue it later.” I said to him and he smile again. He smile a lot and it makes me feel energetic by looking at it.

 

“Wonder if I can do that? I need to finish it up now because my little brother need this.” He said and I just nodded.

 

...

 

An hour passed and he still working on that document. I’m so boring. I want to know what he’s doing but I just can’t ask him about it since it’s a ‘TOP SECRET’ thingy.

 

He seems looking for something as he flip through the document. “Something wrong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter