Chapter 11: Christmas Gift

The Tale Of A Lion Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 11: Christmas Gift

 

24th December 2016, Saturday, 11:00 p.m. 

Incheon Airport. 

 

"Are you sure you don't want to go home with us?" Hyomin asked as he stand at the entrance to check in.

 

"You guys go first. I think I want to bring someone along with me later." He said. 

 

"Who?" Soo asked in a curious manner. 

 

"I plan to bring Miss Tiffany with me." He answer with a smile which makes Soo clapped his hand excitedly. 

 

"I am so happy that one of your flowers is from SNSD!" He excitedly said.

 

Hyo and Hyomin shook their head at his childish act. "Will she come with you? You don't even explain a thing to her." Hyo said. 

 

"I'm worried about that too. Should I cancel my plan and just bring her next time?" He scratch his head and grin innocently. 

 

"I think you should." Hyo smile at him.

 

"But still I won't go with you guys. I need to meet Jiwon for a while." Yul said.

 

"Thought you're going to meet with Miss Tiffany." Soo . 

 

Yul rolled his eyes at him and look at the other two instead. "Send my regards to your parents. I'll be there with all of you later and Jiwon invited me to come so I have to go." He look at Soo as he said the last sentence.

 

"Will do, Sir." The two of them said in unison.

 

"Merry Christmas, buddy." Hyo said which makes their eyes widen. 

 

"Yah, are you crazy?" Soo asked.

 

"What? He's our friend isn't he?" Hyo asked back. 

 

"You too, buddy." Yul said to him and patted his shoulder. 

 

"See?" Hyo said and merong at Soo. 

 

"Yah, I want to say it too." Soo pout. 

 

"Please Soo. Don't ever do that in front of me." Yul said as he playfully make a disgusting face. 

 

"Merry Christmas, Sir." Hyomin said as his body is trembling and sweating all over his body. 

 

"Yah, don't be too nervous! Royal grandparents are not even here you know?" Soo patted his shoulder while Hyo let out a small laugh as he look at Hyomin. 

 

"Cheer up Hyomin-ah." He shook his head with a smile. "I guess you guys should go now. It's already your time to go. Please take care of Hani for me." Yul said as he look at his wrist watch. They nodded and bid goodbye at each other. 

 

...

 

Yul reach for his phone in his long coat pocket and type a short message to his family. 

 

 

To: Kwon Royal Family [Group Chat]

Merry Christmas everyone. I know it's still early to wish that. I'll be home soon. See you guys later. ;D

 

 

 

He smile and put it back in his pocket. "Now lets go and meet her." He fix his shirt and walk to his car. 

 

 

 

Gangnam-do, Kim Mansion - 11:37 p.m.

 

Yul park his car in front of the mansion gate and stay in his car for a few minutes. He's too nervous to get out. He close his eyes. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. Just then someone knock the window. He look at that person and found Rain give him a question look. 

 

He lower the window and greet him. "Hello, hyung." He said and smile. 

 

"Uh, annyeong. What are you doing here? Why don't you go inside?" He asked curiously. 

 

"I'm just trying to calm myself for a while. Is it okay for me to come in?" He nervously asked.

 

Rain smile. "Come on. There are many people inside. They won't notice you. Besides, she's already waiting for you." He try to coax. 

 

He turned off the engine and get out from his car. "Hyung, do I look good?" He asked which makes Rain chuckles. 

 

"You're always look good in anything you wear so be confident." He patted his shoulder. 

 

...

 

They get into the mansion backyard gardens while talking to each other. No one notice him yet at this moment. Yul is wearing a long khaki coat with a black collared shirt. He comb his hairs in comb over style. 

 

"Lets go and greet her parents." Rain suddenly said. 

 

He can't help but feel nervous. "Will they be okay? What if they stay away from me?" 

 

Rain let out a small laugh. "Yul, no worries. It's not that you're going to propose her right now." 

 

"Please, hyung. We're just friend." He smile a bit and fix his coat. 

 

"Now lets go and meet them." He patted his shoulder and give a reassure smile. 

 

...

 

"Annyeonghaseyo umma, appa. This is Prince of Wales, Kwon Yul." Rain introduced him to Taehee and Jiwon parents which are his future parents-in-law. 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim." He bowed at them which they do the same too. 

 

"It's a big pleasure that we got to meet you, young prince." Mr. Kim said with a smile. Yul smile back and nodded. 

 

"I'm happy to meet both of you. You're so good looking Mr. Kim." He praise and thought that no wonder Taehee and Jiwon looks so beautiful. Their father are so handsome and not to mention their mother too. 

 

"You're making me feel high by that compliment of yours, Your Highness." Mr. Kim said more. 

 

"You should be that way since you're really a good looking person, Mr. Kim." He said and grin. 

 

"Not to mention your handsomeness too didn't you?" Mrs. Kim tease which makes them laugh at the young prince. 

 

"Guess we should excuse ourselves now." Rain said as he found that Yul is now turning red because of the tease.

 

"Merry Christmas Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim." He said politely and bowed. Just then he handed them a gift.

 

They bowed back. "Merry Christmass too, Sir. Thank you for the gift. You don't have to trouble yourself to bought us this." The Kim said.

 

"No it's okay. It's Christmas so a gift is a must." Yul said politely and bowed again. 

 

Both men walk away from there after bid a goodbye. 

 

...

 

"There you go." He said as he point at Jiwon who is talking to her cousin at this moment. 

 

"Where can I find you?" Yul asked before Rain manage to take a next step. 

 

"I'll be at the main desk if you need me." He said and patted his shoulder. "Good luck." He mouthed. 

 

Yul nodded and smile at him. He then walk towards Jiwon and stand behind her. Her cousin saw him and bowed at him right away. "Sorry for disturbing." Yul said and smile at her cousin. 

 

"No it's okay. I'll leave you here okay? Enjoy your night." Her cousin tapped Jiwon's hand and leave both of them there. 

 

Jiwon turned her body and face him straight. She raise her left brow and smile at him as if she's giving him a telephaty. Yul smile and shook his head. "Been here since 30 minutes ago but didn't have a chance to meet you right away since your Rain oppa bring me to meet your parents." He explain with a smile.

 

"You've met them?" She seems shocked a bit by his revealation. He nodded and smile more. "So how? They are cool right?" 

 

He look at the sky and nodded as if he's thinking of something. "Your father is so good looking and did I just reach your mind?" 

 

She smile and shook her head. "He's gonna brag about that for a week since you're the one who said it." She stop for a while and look at him. "I was surprised that you can read through my mind. I did asked about why did you're late in my head before. Never thought you can reach me through telephaty."

 

He smile proudly and scratch the back of his head which is not itchy at all at this time. "So, shall we go somewhere that only the two of us can spend alone time together?" He bravely asked. 

 

"What are you trying to do this time?" She asked in a cute body manner. She keep swaying her body to left and right as she look at him with those lovely eyes. 

 

"Just wanna give you something before I go." He said which makes her smile suddenly disappear. 

 

"Go?" 

 

"Lets go. I will explain." He said and they walk to the corner of the garden which there are only the two of them there. 

 

...

 

They sit on the bench facing the garden of red lillies. He turned gaze at her and stare at her for a while before he speak. "I need to go back to London after celebrating the Christmas." He said. 

 

"When will you be back again?" She asked.

 

"Well I'm not sure about that. Why? You want me to comeback here fast?" He decide to a bit.

 

"Don't be so full of yourself, prince." She said with whatever tone but her eyes tell otherwise. 

 

He chuckles a bit and take out a white rose in his pocket. "This is for you. Merry Christmas, Jiwon. Naui chingu." He handed her that rose with a smile on his face.

 

 

 

Jiwon POV

 

He chuckles a bit and take out a white rose in his pocket. "This is for you. Merry Christmas, Jiwon. Naui chingu." He handed me that rose with a smile on his face. 

 

"Merry Christmas too. Thanks." I said happily and smell the rose. Wonder why he give me this rose? I know so well what does white rose mean.

 

"Yeah. You're welcome." The situation become quiet again as no one talk. I steal glance at him everytime I had chance to. "Guess it's been so long since we last met. How are you doing?" He asked with that gentle voice of him. 

 

"I'm fine. How was your day?" I asked back. 

 

"Good. I always wanted to try something new but I don't know what to do so I ended up wandering around the city." He said.

 

"You sound so free."   

 

He chuckles at me. "Yes I'm kind of free right now since I didn't work as an ambassador anymore."

  

"Why did you quit?" I asked and suddenly realized if I should really asked him about that. "Sorry. I shouldn't have asked." 

 

"No. It's all right. I had done with my contract as an ambassador just thats why." He lean his back at the bench as he look up the sky.

 

"You really love to stare at the sky don't you?" I asked as I smile looking at how fasinating he is right now as he stare at the sky. 

 

"Somehow it makes me feel calm by looking at it." He sound like he got a problem. I should take the initiative to ask didn't I or I will feel regret if something happen later. 

 

"Something wrong?" I asked. I'm trembling and I don't even know why. Maybe it's because I thought that he will get mad at me for keeping my nose in his business. 

 

"It's just about my personal matter." He answer without looking at me. Luckily he's not mad. 

 

"I hope it will solve soon. Your problem." I said as I look at the sky too. 

 

"Thanks Jiwon." He look at me with a smile. 

 

"Lets get in. The firework show is going to begin any minute from now." I get up and he follow me to get inside the house. We walk to the rooftop and join others. 

 

End of Jiwon POV

 

 

 

25th December 2016, Sunday, 12:00 a.m.

Kim Mansion: Rooftop.

 

The firework show had started right on 12 a.m. Jiwon close her eyes and make a wish as she clasp her hands together. Yul just look at her with a small smile. As she's done make a wish Yul immediately clasp his hands and close his eyes as he don't want her to caught him staring at her. 

 

"It's the same wish as I did on my birthday dear God. I want to meet my seven beautiful flowers as soon as possible. I want to take care of them. I want to protect them. Please." He wish in his heart as he clasp his hands tightly. He open his eyes and found Jiwon is looking at the firework at the sky. "Merry Christmas, Kim Jiwon." He whisper at her which makes her smile widely.

 

"Merry Christmas too, Your Highness." She whisper back and they smile at each other.

 

"Lets have a little feast." Mr. Kim announced as he walk to the grilling team. 

 

"Are you in?" Jiwon asked as she point at the grill beef. 

 

"Sure." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter