Finding Out - 2

Keep That Cute Little Pout to Yourself
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

... how much trouble I'm in.

 

Jongin is on his way back from the grocery after buying the ingredients that Mrs Lee asked for, in order to make "The Amazing feast" that would make them forget their own name. The whole trip to and from the supermarket, he pondered about the days events 

 

After lunch Mrs Lee toured their apartment room, although it only took about 5 minutes since the place wasn't that big. But when they entered the bedroom Jongin noticed that her stare lingered on the photo beside Taemin's bed. The same photo that Taemin stares at when he spaces out somethimes. Because of that, Jongin's curiousity about that photo grew.

While they conversed and bonded with Mrs Lee, he also noticed that Taemin really is different towards other people, even his own family. Even Taemin's mom noticed how Taemin acts different towards Jongin. When Taemin does something she didn't expect he would do, he would look at Jongin in awe, like he just made a miracle happen.

He doesn't cling to her as much as he does to Jongin, doesn't respond to her calls when he spaces out but responds to Jongin, and he sometimes looks nervous like his mom knows a secret that he's afraid she might reveal to Jongin. The more Jongin notices things, the more confused he becomes.

 

He entered their apartment and was on his way to the kitchen with the groceries when he notices that Taemin and his mom were in a serious and deep conversation. He didn't mean to eavesdrop but, well he eventually did. 

"How could I not come when it's that time of the year." Mrs Lee says in a soothing voice.

"Your mom and dad's death anniversary is soon isn't it, and I know how you become all broody and careless during these times. I worry." She continues.

 

When Jongin heard that, everything made sense. He actually already figured it was something like that. When Taemin dreams next to him he would hear him call for his mom and dad desperately, telling them not to go, that he'd be a good boy if they stay. Jongin's heart breaks everytime he hears his pleas. He then realized that his parents are gone, they either passed away, or abandoned him. As both scenarios are as unpleasant as the other, he decided not to pry and just stay by Taemin's side until he was ready to tell.

 

"But I'm okay, I'm better than before." Taemin replies and Jongin could swear he can hear a pout forming on his roommates lips

"Yes, yes I can see that. Because of Jonginnie huh?" Mrs Lee says in a teasing manner.

Hearing his name made Jongin want to hear their conversation even more, he tries to get closer without making any noise, but accidentally tripped on himself. (The idiot) He fell face first right by the entrance of their kitchen/dining room.

It would've been a comedic moment if he wasn't caught eavesdropping and if weren't for the terror Jongin sees in Taemin's eyes. 

The two Lee s stared at him with different expressions, but all he could focus on was the forming tears on the corner of Taemin's eyes.

"!" Jongin thought. 

He stood up and tried to approach Taemin. "T-Taeminah, sorry. I didn't mean to-"

Before he could finish, Taemin ran out of the room and headed straight to their bedroom.

Jongin was left in the kitchen/dining feeling guilty and a little confused, with Mrs Lee.

" Sorry Jonginah, Taemin- he- well he doesn't want people to know that his parents are gone." Mrs Lee explains.

Jongin looks at her and sees the look of sadness in her eyes.

"When he was young he didn't have good experiences with people who found out he was an orphan. He-" She was about to narrate what happened  when Jongin cut her off

"Uh-uhm! Im sorry, I- I am very curious but, I think I should let him tell me himself." He tells her apologetically.

Mrs Lee smiles at him, her sweet and kind smile but this time with a hint of sadness, and she nodded.

"Thank you Jonginah, Taemin trusts you, even more than me I think. Please take care of him."

 

Jongin went straight to their bedroom to see Taemin.

He opened the door that was, fortunately, not locked and saw Taemin lying on his stomach, face burried on his head pillow as he his shoulder twitches.

"He's crying again" He thought. If there's one thing that really breaks Jongin's heart, it would be a sad Taemin.

"Taeminah.." He calls in a gentle voice, as he sits on Taemin's bed.

"Don't talk to me like that! Eavesdropper, invader of privacy, meannie!" His cries and whines were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter