A Simple Request

young master (& his bodyguard)

Summary: Most times, Kyungsoo just wants to strangle the life out of Oh Sehun.

 

 

"Young master, are you sure we should be doing this?"
 

Kyungsoo looks up from his spot crouching in front of the opened cabinet bearing all his shirts. Jongin is standing just outside of the room, dressed in nothing but sweatpants and a white shirt, hair untamed and unruly.

 

Kyungsoo loves how Jongin looks at home best.

 

"Of course." Kyungsoo says, feeling unsure himself before nodding determinedly. "This is for Sehun, after all."

 

Jongin shoots the smaller male a look, one Kyungsoo doesn't see with his back turned to him.

 

"Young master and Sehun seems a lot closer these days." the taller male says lowly and it's Kyungsoo's turn to shoot him a look of incredulity when he tilts his head to stare at him.

 

"He's your best friend-"

 

"You're my best friend." Jongin counters, effectively cutting Kyungsoo off who grumbles something under his breath and returns to choosing which shirt to wear.

 

"Just wear something... casual." Kyungsoo mumbles softly, still not looking at Jongin. "Remember the reason why we're doing this. You're not supposed to look like you're out to kill anybody who comes close to me."

 

Jongin makes another face, one Kyungsoo doesn't see as well before turning the opposite way and rummaging through his own set of clothes.






 

Kyungsoo steps out of the car first, beating Jongin who frowns when he sees the smaller male out of the car already. It's his duty as a bodyguard to open the door for Kyungsoo as well. Or at least he wants to.

 

"There they are." Kyungsoo says, Jongin stepping beside him and following Kyungsoo's line of sight.

 

Sehun looks terribly awkward standing next to a cotton candy stand. Kyungsoo blinks in confusion, looking for Sehun's date before surmising that the cute male standing a meter away from Sehun is his date.

 

Breathing deeply, Kyungsoo prepares his speech to motivate Jongin to do what they're supposed to do. Only Jongin beats him to it by sliding his hand against Kyungsoo's and lacing their fingers together.

 

Kyungsoo looks up, wide eyes staring at Jongin and the latter blinks down at him. “Act like a couple, right?”

 

The smaller of the two visibly gulps and nods stiffly, turning his attention to Sehun and his date.

 

“I know you’re nervous and worried about Sehun but don’t be all stiff, young master.” Jongin says softly, squeezing Kyungsoo’s hand. “We won’t convince anyone we’re dating if you’re that tense.”

 

Kyungsoo nods again and breaths in deeply a few times, trying to calm his nerves. If only he could tell Jongin it’s not Sehun and his date that’s making his heart run a hundred miles per second but the hand currently wrapped around his.

 

“Let’s go.” he finally says and Jongin’s the one who steps first, leading Kyungsoo forward to where Sehun is standing.

 

“You made it.”

 

Sehun looks downright relieved to see them and Kyungsoo forces his smile to not look so stiff when the cute male beside Sehun bows politely in front of them.

 

"You must be Luhan." Jongin breaks the awkwardness, smiling warmly at the male and Kyungsoo has to tear his gaze away from Jongin to take a proper look at Sehun's date.

 

Luhan was very cute, features almost feminine and his skin looks so soft that Kyungsoo itches to nudge his fingers against them.

 

"I'm Jongin." he startles when Jongin starts speaking again. "And this is my boyfriend, Kyungsoo."

 

Kyungsoo's heart unwantedly trips over a thousand imaginary boulders as he hears Jongin's words. He knows they're just pretending but no one could blame his poor heart if he hears something he's been wanting to hear for such a long time.

 

“Hi.” he says finally, voice just the slightest bit croaky from the lack of oxygen intake.

 

Luhan grins, bowing again. “It’s nice to meet Sehun’s friends.”

 

Sehun laughs loudly beside him, voice too high and all three of them just stares at  the youngest.

 

“L-Let’s get going, shall we?” Sehun voices out after cutting off his forced laughter.

 

Kyungsoo blinks, seeing Sehun glances at Luhan’s hand but not making any move. He’s about to kick the back of the younger’s knee when Luhan closes the gap and holds Sehun’s hand instead.

 

"Luhan looks like a nice guy." Jongin comments, walking slowly on purpose to give the pair in front of them some privacy. Kyungsoo nods, watching Luhan laugh at something Sehun said. The younger looks completely smitten and somehow, Kyungsoo finds himself agreeing wholeheartedly with Jongin.

 

It's when Luhan suddenly points to a candy stand that Kyungsoo feels himself getting dragged on the opposite side. The sudden movement makes him drag his eyes from staring at the back of Jongin's neck down to where there hands are still laced together.

 

Jongin hasn't let go of his hand from the start.

 

"Do you want to buy some?" Kyungsoo looks up at Jongin's question, eyes going over the hotdog stand in front of them. Kyungsoo shakes his head but regrets it immediately when he sees Jongin's expression drop.

 

The taller drags him back to where Sehun and Luhan are debating over which brand of chocolate to buy when Kyungsoo stops him. "On second thought, a sandwich would be nice."

 

Jongin's smile is contagious as they walk back towards the stand. Kyungsoo keeps his eyes on Jongin the whole time he fails to realize what's happening not until his lips bump into something soft.

 

"You've got ketchup.. all over." Jongin mumbles, smiling lopsidedly at him and Kyungsoo just wants to take the sandwich away from Jongin and smack him with it from how he's smiling at him like that.

 

He doesn't say anything, brows mainly furrowing in annoyance when Jongin quickly picks up a tissue and starts dabbing at where the ketchup is smudged on his lips.

 

"Aren't they sweet?" Luhan coos from the side, finally returning with a small paper bag filled with chocolate bars and gummy bears. Beside him, Sehun snickers and Kyungsoo stifles the urge to shoot him a glare as he lets Jongin clean the remnants of sauce from his face.

 

"There." Jongin smiles again and Kyungsoo's hand tightens around Jongin's in reflex, heartbeat galloping abnormally fast again.

 

The next hour is spent with the both of them trailing after Sehun and Luhan who seemed to be getting along just fine without their help. But Jongin hasn't let go of his hand yet all throughout and Kyungsoo's starting to wonder if he'll develop some sort of heart disease from the rate his heart is beating for the past hours he spent and will be spending with Jongin.

 

They're almost close to saying goodbye, Jongin and Kyungsoo having to leave early with the excuse of having some plans already (one which consists of having to eat out with one of Kyungsoo's cousins who just got home from another country). Luhan grins at this, wiggling his eyebrows and Sehun has the audacity to do the same. Kyungsoo's sure they're perfect for each other.

 

"Is it wrong to want to be alone with Kyungsoo?" Jongin answers instead and Kyungsoo might as well expire right then and there when Jongin said that.

 

It only seemed to fuel Sehun and Luhan's imagination as Luhan turns beet red and Sehun had to thump his own chest to stop himself from laughing too much.

 

Using that moment of distraction, Kyungsoo looks up at Jongin in confusion but the latter only grins at him. It's a complete opposite of the Jongin outside guarding his life with his own and somehow, Kyungsoo wants him like this everyday.

 

"Oh, look." Luhan points out suddenly just before they have to leave. The rest of them follows where his finger is pointing and Kyungsoo feels his cheek warm up at the large 'kissing booth' sign.

 

The four of them takes a closer look and Luhan sighs in adoration when he sees the booth's purpose.

 

"Just buy a pair of shirts and the amount will proceed to the institution helping out kids with heart ailments." one of the pretty young girls says, hand them flyers to the cause.

 

Luhan coos again, Sehun buying a pair immediately. Jongin and Kyungsoo does the same, the latter fighting the butterflies on his stomach when he realizes he's going to have a shirt paired with Jongin.

 

"As a thank you, we'll be more than glad to take photos of the pair with the shirts on. We'll be giving you a copy immediately afterwards." one of the boys says, a glint in his eyes. "Only condition is that you have to kiss while the picture is being taken."

 

Kyungsoo feels his cheek burn and he's about to shake his head if not for Luhan whining that he wants that picture. Sehun seems to be in the same position as Kyungsoo except that he does want it and he shoots a pleading look at Jongin and Kyungsoo.

 

"We'll do it." Sehun says determinedly, eyes staring straight at Jongin and Kyungsoo and he might have looked ridiculous with how red his face is if not for his next words. "But Jongin and Kyungsoo have to do it first."

 

Kyungsoo feels his heart stop at this and he involuntarily looks at Jongin who stays silent. Kyungsoo opens his mouth but no words come out and he only startles awake when Jongin's pulling the shirt over his own and motioning for Kyungsoo to do the same.

 

Kyungsoo looks at Sehun and Jongin, mouth gaping and at lost at what to do as he pulls the shirt over himself as well, hair disheveled from being ruffled by the fabric. He tries not to whine when he feels Jongin's finger above his head, fixing his hair with gentle movements.

 

Jongin holds his hand again and they walk towards the spot where a white backdrop with a large smiling heart is plastered. Kyungsoo turns to face Jongin, heart on his throat and threatening to stop when Jongin bends down just the slightest bit to look at him in the eye.

 

The girl taking the photo counts down and Kyungsoo feels his heart go into overdrive, Jongin mumbling something before he feels lips press just beside the corner of his mouth. His eyes scrunches close the same time the flash of the camera snaps and then Jongin is pulling away, a thumb caressing the spot where he had kissed him.

 

Sehun is speechless and Luhan keeps going on about how cute they are before it was their turn to get the picture taken themselves.

 

"Sorry about that." Jongin mumbles as he helps Kyungsoo pull off the shirt. Kyungsoo just nods, looking down at their feet as Jongin fixes his hair once again. "I figured you'd want to get your first kiss from someone special so I did the closest thing."

 

Kyungsoo looks up at this and catches Jongin's expression. The taller male is smiling softly at him but Kyungsoo's brow scrunches in confusion when he sees something sad linger behind his lashes, something that disappears as soon as Jongin blinks and lace his hands with his again.

 

"Just so you know," Kyungsoo starts, eyes fixed on a beet red Sehun who had kissed Luhan's cheek. "You're very special to me, Jongin."

 

He doesn't look up to see the expression on Jongin's face but he feels the hand squeezing his own gently before a soft 'You're very special to me too, Kyungsoo.' reaches his ears.






 

They say their goodbye afterwards, Luhan and Kyungsoo exchanging numbers with a promise of meeting up soon. Jongin waves to Sehun goodbye before turning towards the car Jinki lend them for the day. Kyungsoo ignores the look Sehun is giving them, slamming the door shut on the younger's face.

 

"Did you have fun, young master?" Jongin asks once they're settled inside the car, the paper bag with their paired shirts and other trinkets from the mall safely stashed on the backseat.

 

Kyungsoo looks down to where Jongin is holding his hand again while his other hand grips the wheel. He nods, grinning at Jongin and he feels incredibly warm all over.

 

"Very much."