You (or no one else)

young master (& his bodyguard)

Summary: "You can't sleep without me."

 

 

Kyungsoo used to like school trips.

In fact, he loved them before, always asking his brother if they could go to another one every week. His teachers would always laugh at him - coo at how adorable he is.

But it’s different now.

“Do you want to pick the bed first?”

Kyungsoo turns his head, tearing his glare away from the wall to the male standing beside him. Jaehyun, he thinks. That guy who looks like Junmyeon.

“You go ahead. I really don’t care.” he states, adding a weak smile at the end, remembering how often Jongin would tell him to be gentler with his words.

Jaehyun stares at him worriedly, gaze scrutinizing before he returns the smile with a half hearted one. Kyungsoo watches his temporary roommate as he gently places his bag on the bed opposite the bathroom. Repressing a sigh, he makes his way to his own bed, not even sparing a second more after dumping his bag on it and quickly making his way out the door.

The smell of the sea is strong as Kyungsoo makes his way down the hotel they’re staying in, the sunlight streaming through the gaps of the flowered curtains and the laughs from the kids playing down at the beach wafting through in soft streams.

Kyungsoo would have liked it better if Jongin was here.

Not that he isn’t, to be clear.

He’s momentarily distracted by a group of girls walking the opposite direction, their giggles loud and pretentious and he’s about to turn his attention away from them when something stops him.

“- guy was really cool.”

“Do you think he’s a lifeguard? He’s so tan.”

“The more important question is if he would give us his number.”

“Woah, are you going to ask for it?”

Kyungsoo’s feet hastens their step, mouth pursed in a thin line and eyes narrowed as he tries to evade the glare of the sun once he steps out. The sand is creeping up on his sandals and it’s not his favorite thing to walk outside while the sun is shooting burning daggers on his skin but he trudges on towards the crowd he presumes are from his school.

“Jongin! Pass the ball here!”

Kyungsoo recognizes the voice, head turning towards Sehun who looks like he’s suffering the same fate as him - only he seems to be finding ways to enjoy himself.

Recalling his purpose of torturing himself, he follows Sehun’s line of sight and prepares himself to make an excuse to talk to Jongin.

But Jongin’s wearing boardshorts.

And he’s shirtless.

And there are a lot of girls fawning over him.

This snaps him out of his trance, mouth setting into a thin line again but he makes no move to approach Jongin even when the back of his neck is slowly turning barbecue red.

Sehun must have noticed him because he’s giving Kyungsoo that annoyingly infuriating grin before calling over Jongin and shouting something to him.

Jongin turns his head to look at Kyungsoo.

The heat seemed to spread on his cheek and Kyungsoo’s isn’t so sure if it’s still because of the sun, quickly turning around to walk back to the hotel knowing Jongin is not far behind him.

“Why aren’t you my roommate!” Kyungsoo says, stopping on a spot less crowded and less chance of being seen by their classmates.

Jongin gives him a look, noticing it isn’t a question anymore.

“It’s not my choice.” Jongin says softly, carefully threading through Kyungsoo’s impatience. He tries not to sound happy at the fact that Kyungsoo wants him to sleep on the same room.

Not that they don’t do it back at the house.

Kyungsoo opens his mouth, closes it again and kicks at a rock. “... You know I don’t sleep well without you.”

A soft look crosses Jongin’s face and he walks just a little bit closer, just enough so he could brush his hand on the sheen of sweat on the other’s forehead.

“I’ll find a way.”

Kyungsoo looks up at him, eyes holding that same question Jongin always has to answer.

“I’ll never leave your side.”

This seems to placate Kyungsoo, a weak smile tugging at the corner of his lips as he gently swats Jongin’s hand away.

“On that account,” Jongin starts, finger poking at the redness on Kyungsoo’s cheek. “I brought your sunscreen. It’s on my bag.”

Kyungsoo grabs a fistful of sand, hurling it on Jongin’s face and walks away, smiling as Jongin’s laughter follows him all the way inside.






If there is one thing Kyungsoo likes about this trip, it’s the chance to slip away from Baekhyun’s chattering.

It’s not that he doesn’t like this cousin because he honestly does - very much. But there are times when he doesn’t want to hear about Baekhyun’s new idea he wants to film or that he has found his older brother’s not-so-secret stash of .

But he’s also the only one he can freely talk to about his real life, the secret well kept to avoid any accidents or unwanted negotiations.

It also sets aside Kyungsoo from all the rest.

“Kyungsoo!” the voice is familiar and he doesn’t need to turn around to let his dread creep up on him. “Aren’t you going to join us?”

He raises a hand, shaking it in the air as a farewell before jogging inside the building, eyes brightening just a tad bit with the expectation of what Jongin would do.

Jaehyun eyes him when he steps inside the room, a relieved smile on his lips because Kyungsoo looks like he’s out of his sour mood.

“I’m gonna join the others outside.” he says softly, keeping an eye at Kyungsoo who’s humming while looking for something in his bag. “Do you want to come with me?”

Kyungsoo stops humming, lifting his head to look blankly at his roommate and for a second, Jaehyun thought he managed to offend Kyungsoo once more. But not a second later, Kyungsoo’s smiling at him, shaking his head and telling him to go on.

“Have a goodnight’s sleep then.”

Kyungsoo smiles once more before looking away.






Jongin is getting desperate.

Beside him, Sehun is laughing shamelessly at one of their classmate’s joke and Baekhyun’s voice is enough to tear out his ears even if he’s sitting quite a few ways away from him.

“Here.”

A bottle is into his hand by one of their male classmates, a wink thrown his way before the guy ambles to sit elsewhere. Jongin looks down at the bottle of beer, brows furrowing because he doesn’t remember their teachers allowing them to drink during the trip.

Sehun turns his head, eyeing him in confusion. “What’s up?”

Jongin purses his lips, a sign of distress he rarely ever does. Sehun finds it funny how Jongin doesn’t even bat an eyelash when a gunshot comes their way and now here he is, frowning at his bottle of beer in worry.

“Is it hyung?” Sehun asks, purposely lowering his voice so only Jongin could hear.

A heavy exhale goes past Jongin’s lips and Sehun makes a face at him before stealing the bottle from his hands and nudging him discreetly. “Go ahead.”

Jongin looks at him, the frown on his face gone and replaced with the usual blank look he has. If Sehun didn’t know better, he would think Jongin’s close to punching the cheekbones out of him.

A small whisper of thanks floats in between them just before Jongin stands up, mumbling some excuse about going to relieve himself and walking back to the building.

With a sigh of relief, Jongin ascends up the floor to where Kyungsoo’s assigned room is. There’s only one corner to turn and he would be able to see his best friend’s door but a hand shoots out from behind him and grabs at his arm.

It’s on reflex when Jongin swiftly turns around, hand closing in on the stranger’s arm with a tight grip.

A pair of wide eyes looks up at him and the first thing Jongin notices is how different it is from Kyungsoo’s, the realization dawning second and he quickly pulls his hand back.

“It’s okay.” the girl, one of their classmate, says as she rubs at her arm. The smile on her face only widens when Jongin mumbles an apology, intending to walk on but once again is stopped.

“The restroom isn't that way.” the girl called out, a hand grabbing at Jongin’s and tugging it to the opposite direction.

Annoyance is quick to travel down Jongin’s nerves, forcefully pulling his hand away and shooting an indecipherable look at the girl who only returns it with a curious stare.

“I have to go somewhere.” Jongin says in a clip tone before he turns around only to see Kyungsoo there.

Jongin almost sighs in relief, legs itching to walk over to him but something in Kyungsoo’s eyes tells him something is wrong. It’s not until his classmate whispers an excuse did Jongin realize what happened, a tight grip forming inside his chest as Kyungsoo turns around to head back to his room.

“Young master.” Jongin calls out softly. He sees Kyungsoo stiffen momentarily before pressing on.

Fear is an emotion Jongin is trained to overcome and succeed. He’s manage to discard the feeling every time a madman comes face to face with him or when a gun is aimed to his face. But the image of Kyungsoo’s back walking away from him sends everything he has learned tumbling out of his system. It fuels him to run after his best friend who’s almost closing the door at him.

The image is painful.

“Young master.” Jongin says once again, successfully managing to lodge his foot inside before the door closes. Kyungsoo’s eyes fleets downwards, teeth worrying over his lip and Jongin knows he’s scared he hurt him.

“I’m going to sleep now.” Kyungsoo says, swallowing the words he wanted to say. Liar.
Jongin frowns again and he forcefully pushes the door open until he manages to walk inside. He takes the liberty to close it, noticing the other bed is empty.

Kyungsoo takes a step back and frowns. “You’re not my roommate.”

“You can’t sleep without me.” Jongin replies and it successfully colors Kyungsoo’s cheeks red.

“I’m going to sleep either way.”

Kyungsoo throws the cover on his own bed, slipping under them and turning his back on Jongin, wishing that he would leave him alone.

The sound of the door opening never came and Kyungsoo peeks from under the blanket, blinking furiously when he doesn’t see Jongin by the door.

Maybe he’s left?

His eyes starts to sting, upset that Jongin would actually leave him even if he’s the one who told him to.

“Stupid Jongin.” he mumbles, turning on the other side.

He almost falls down though when he sees Jongin crouching against the other bed, eyes fixed intently on Kyungsoo.

“Why am I stupid?” he asks softly, tilting his head. When Kyungsoo doesn’t answer, Jongin stands up and walks over to him, wordlessly slipping under the blanket and pressing against Kyungsoo.

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo whispers harshly, embarrassment flooding his cheeks even if the predicament isn’t new to him. “Someone might see us!”

Jongin stops moving at this, contemplating the situation. He stands up once again but goes over to rummage inside Kyungsoo’s bag instead of leaving.

Sitting up, Kyungsoo stares silently at Jongin. “What are you doing?”

Jongin doesn’t answer, a habit Kyungsoo is used to but never fond of.

“Yah, Jongin.”

Jongin finally turns around and Kyungsoo sees a piece of paper on his hand. He watches him open the door, pressing the paper outside before shutting it close again, the click of the lock loud inside the quiet room.

It’s different when Jongin slips beside Kyungsoo again, tugging him to lay down, probably because they aren’t inside the comfort of their own home. Kyungsoo forces his eyes to close, trying not to jolt when Jongin snakes his arm around his waist, snuggling close to him.

“She thought I was going to the restroom.” Jongin says lowly after a while and Kyungsoo unknowingly relaxes against his hold.

“Okay.” he breathes out and he just knows Jongin is smiling.

“Goodnight Kyungsoo.”






You’re sleeping with Taeyong.

Jaehyun scratches at his cheek, frowning as he goes back.

Maybe Kyungsoo doesn’t really like to room with him.