Daehanminguk Manse!

SINCE 1765
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 32 - Daehanminguk Manse!

 

Note: The Black Box Scene is often used in Korean variety shows like We Got Married and Superman Returns. It involves the cast being interviewed in a black background by an unseen PD. All the black box scenes here should be assumed as a solo interview, and not together.

 

*

 

#since1765

 

*

 

October 2017

 

Lotte Hotel, Jeju

Honeymoon Suite

 

On the night of Chuseok in 2017, the Ceremony of the Unity of Gyeonggi and North Jeolla took place. In front of the members of the provincial councils and the Kim and Kwon families, Kwon Jiyong and Kim Taeyeon united their provinces through the sanctity of their marriage. With the gods' blessing, they wedded and became one, completing the new generation's sacrifices.

 

Their marriage secured the peace and prosperity of South Korea for the next few decades.

 

The very same night after they were pronounced husband and wife, the sacrificial couple immediately took the next plane to Jeju Island. As customs dictated, the chosen ones must physically unite on the same night of their wedding to complete the ceremony.

 

“Are you nervous?” asked Kwon Jiyong, holding Taeyeon's hand and positioning their hands on her lap.

 

He and his new wife were already seated on the edge of the suite's luxurious bed, both only dressed in their bathrobes.

 

“You have the nerve to ask me that?” Taeyeon answered defensively. “What do you think?!”

 

Jiyong smirked, recognizing his wife's apprehension. He squeezed her hand and said, “Honey, relax. We've prepared for this a long time. I'll be gentle.”

 

“You better not hurt me, do you hear me?!”

 

Kim Taeyeon was red in the face and sweating, even if autumn in Jeju brought a cold climate. After two years of dating, the two still haven't ed, as they respected their elders and the gods' commands. Kwon Jiyong was more than willing to faithfully and patiently wait for their marriage.

 

Even on the first night of their honeymoon, his wife was still too shy to bathe with him. To lift the pressure off of her, he gladly granted her request to shower alone.

 

“Tell me when I have ever hurt you,” he told Taeyeon in a serious tone.

 

“You're right, I'm so sorry. I'm just... nervous.”

 

“I know, but trust me, okay? Let's set the mood now,” Jiyong kindly replied, grabbing a remote control to dim the lights, turn on the electric candles, and play the music. When the mood was set, he held on Taeyeon's neck and whispered, “Welcome to our married life, princess.”

 

“I can't believe you're now my husband. I'm still convincing myself that I'm 28 and married to G-dragon.”

 

“And you're going to make love to G-dragon,” was all Jiyong answered, and in a husky and seductive voice too.

 

He leaned forward to kiss Taeyeon. They've kissed a thousand times before, and each was sweeter and hotter than the last. It always led Taeyeon to fantasize about taking their skinship to the next level. But tonight, with the reality of their ion pressuring her, she couldn't relax.

 

So she pushed him away, abruptly ending their kiss.

 

“Wait! Did the council elders and the villagers get to take home the food?”

 

Jiyong sighed, very much aware of Taeyeon's delaying tactics. She'd been doing it ever since they've been left alone after the wedding.

 

“Also, I think I left our wallets in Jeonju. Wait...” she then stood up and went to their luggage.

 

“Goodness, Kim Taeyeon,” Jiyong muttered to himself, conceding to his wife's tactics. When the woman began to rant anxiously about so many other things, he finally got to his feet to get to her.

 

“I also forgot to finalize the papers for our house in Gangnam! Oh my god. We're gonna be homeless after the trip to Sweden–”

 

Jiyong grabbed her by the waist and forced her body on his. When she was already facing him, locked in his arms, he sternly demanded, “Baby, baby, look at me...”

 

“We can't do this right now, Ji! There's a lot to fix. We have a garden wedding in three months, with 200 guests, in Switzerland. Maybe we should postpone the honeymoon in Sweden and focus on or wedding... There's just so many things to do...”

 

Jiyong shut her up by stealing a kiss. Then, he said, “Kim Taeyeon, breathe in and out. Come on now.”

 

“But–”

 

“Sssssssh. Just do it. Follow me honey. Breathe in...”

 

Without any other choice, Taeyeon obeyed her husband. Together, they did breathing exercises, which indeed calmed her down.

 

“There you go. Your anxiety is taxing you, baby. It's no-good, believe me. Now we can delay the consummation of our marriage, if you can honestly tell me these aren't just delaying tactics because you're nervous about making love to me.”

 

“I'm so nervous that I can't breathe, or think properly. Just being touched by you right now makes me so anxious.”

 

“I know, I know,” Jiyong gently assured her, taking her to his arms. While patting the back of her head, he added, “We can do this some other time. The gods will understand.”

 

“I'm sorry. I'm just... tense... and...” and Taeyeon just embraced her husband, until the two of them were already gently swaying, as if dancing. “I know that we can't delay our first mating tonight. I don't want to break any of The Great Pact's customs and traditions. We've gone this far, Jiyong. I'm sorry if I'm a nervous wreck.”

 

Jiyong silently rejoiced. He was crazy in love with Taeyeon, but he was still a man who was once very ually active. Waiting for two years was the most excruciating thing he's ever done.

 

“The wedding in Lake Geneva will be beautiful. Everyone will be there, no flights will be delayed, the weather would be clear and bright, and the food and after-party will all be amazing. If something goes wrong, so what? We're already married. I say it and let the world go haywire.”

 

Pretty soon, their swaying has turned into a sweet dance to the romantic music that Jiyong played earlier. They danced for a few more minutes, kissed here and there, until Taeyeon's apprehension has been eased.

 

Taeyeon lifted her face from his chest and looked up at him. Smiling, she said, “Why would I ever need Xanax when I have you to calm me down?”

 

Jiyong smirked, answering, “I love you, my wife.”

 

“I love you too, my husband. Aaah, it feels good to finally call each other that.”

 

They kissed, and laughed in between, because Jiyong wouldn't let her lips go. Prince Charming did an excellent job seducing the ever so shy princess.

 

“Hey hon...” Taeyeon begun.

 

“Yes?”

 

“They say the best relaxant is... you know... ...”

 

Again, the inner beast in Jiyong woke up and celebrated. Finally, the time has come.

 

“Wanna relax?” he asked, the spark ever so apparent in his eyes.

 

“Uhuh. You've waited long enough for me that I feel so sorry. Can you help me relax?”

 

The very next second, Taeyeon shrieked as she was taken off balance when Jiyong carried her, bridal style.

 

“ yeah! Let's do it baby!” he screamed, bringing his wife on top of the bed, and immediately crawling on top of her.

 

That night, Gyeonggi and North Jeolla officially united, as consummated by Kwon Jiyong and Kim Taeyeon.

 

*

 

July 2022

 

SBS Wow, Fantastic Babies!

Episode 29: The Kwons and a Wedding

 

“...what's our all-star family up to today? It's early in the morning, and the Kwons are complete in their family van. Let's see where Mommy Taeyeon and Daddy GD are taking five-year old Princess Sarang, and our favorite triplets, Daehan, Minguk, and Manse!”

 

“I am a T-rex–”

 

“No, Kkukook, I want The Alligator Song,” the youngest of the three-year old triplets, Manse, cut his elder triplet off. The two were on the car seat at the very back of the van.

 

The second triplet, Minguk (aka Kkukook), cried, “But I'm singing The Dinosaur Song. I am a T-rex... strong and–”

 

“Daehan wants to sing The Butterfly Song,” interjected the eldest triplet, Daehan. He, along with their eldest sister, were on the car seat at the middle of the van.

 

“Stop it, triplets. I'm the noona, so we will sing The Three Bear Song instead,” the eldest, Sarang, announced in a bossy tone.

 

“No! Mom, Sarang noona is bad!” Manse exclaimed from the back.

 

Sarang defended herself by screaming, “No mommy, it's Manse who's bad!”

 

Pretty soon, each of the toddler who were aged five and below screamed their own defense to their mother, who was seated on the front passenger side. When their mom mediated by telling them of their freedom to sing anything they wanted, all four sang their own songs, creating chaos.

 

“...I am a T-rex...” Minguk sang.

 

“...Let's crawl with the alligators...” Manse sang.

 

“...Butterfly... Butterfly...” Daehan sang.

 

“...there were three bears...” Sarang sang.

 

“Never a quiet life, honey,” the driver, father Kwon Jiyong, muttered while grinning.

 

“Every day, I still wonder if we actually made those four noisy kids,” Taeyeon said, smiling back at her husband of five years.

 

“Where else would they get their passion for music? I'm a songwriter, and mom is a diva,” Jiyong answered. He looked at the rearview mirror and talked to their children. “Kids, can daddy suggest a song?”

 

“Stop it boys, dad is talking. Yes daddy?” sweetly addressed Sarang.

 

“Can we sing to this?” Jiyong asked, playing a music from the car entertainment system.

 

The introduction to Big Bang's old hit song, Bang Bang Bang, played.

 

“My daddy's song!” cheered Sarang, clapping her hands above her head. “Bang-ya, bang-ya, bang-ya!”

 

“How about mommy's song?” asked Taeyeon.

 

Manse raised his hand and screamed, “Manse knows it!”

 

“Mingukkie will sing Gee!” Minguk volunteered, and even on top of Bang Bang Bang, he loudly sung, “Gee, gee, gee, gee, baby, baby, baby...”

 

“Good job Kkukkook,” praised Taeyeon.

 

“Wow, Fantastic Baby!” inserted Daehan.

 

“Yah Daehan, that's daddy's song, not mommy's,” Sarang corrected him.

 

Bang Bang Bang continued to play, and eventually, all the kids sang to their dad's hit song.

 

(Black Box Scene)

 

PD: Who takes after who?

 

Jiyong: Sarang and Manse are like me – adventurous, affectionate, and outgoing. Daehan and Minguk are exactly like their mom – reserved, disciplined, and very sweet.

 

Taeyeon: Sarang likes to dance, Manse likes to rap, and Minguk likes to sing. Daehan isn't good in those things, but he is a natural leader like Jiyong.

 

PD: Who do you think they love more?

 

Jiyong: Of course my baby girl likes me best! I'm a daughter-fool. (Smiles shyly) I think the boys love their mom more. (Laughs). Sometimes I feel so guilty that I paid more attention to Sarang. My wife became pregnant with the triplets right away, so I took care of Sarang during her first twelve months. Our bond couldn't be helped...

 

Taeyeon: Sarang would choose Jiyong in a heartbeat. My husband is a real fool for her. Daehan looks up to his dad too. In his eyes, Jiyong is a Superman. But Manse and Minguk are mine. (Laughs). The two youngest love me more.

 

(End Black Box Scene)

 

“Sarang, are you excited to be a flower girl?” asked Taeyeon, as she assisted her eldest to unload the van.

 

“Yes. Did you bring my pink dress mommy?”

 

“Of course baby.”

 

The family has reached the basement parking area of a popular establishment in Gangnam.

 

“How about Manse? What will I do?” asked the youngest, who was being carried out of the car by their dad.

 

“Mingukkie too,” Kkukkook also asked while he waited to be unloaded off his car seat.

 

Calmly, Jiyong explained to the kids, “Manse will be the ring-bearer, Daehan will be the coin-bearer, and Minguk will be... what would Kkukkook do?”

 

“I will bring the bible!” excitedly answered the brainiest of the kids, Minguk.

 

“Correct! My Minguk is so smart,” exclaimed Taeyeon, who eventually unbelted the second triplet.

 

“Dad, Auntie Steph said Yuto will be there...”

 

“Yes my princess. Choi Yuto will be your flower girl today.”

 

With two kids on each of their hand, Taeyeon and Jiyong walked towards the hotel entrance to get to the pension house suite, where the wedding entourage were assigned to prepare.

 

“...the all-star family have arrived in their destination. Daddy Jiyong is the groom's best man, and Mommy Taeyeon is one of the seven bridesmaids. Oh look at that, our fantastic babies are meeting many of their friends in a pension suite...”

 

“Yuto!”

 

“Sarang!”

 

When the Kwons entered the suite, four-year olds Yuto and Sarang immediately embraced and kissed each other on the lips.

 

“Goodness, our son is very suave. I wonder who he takes after?” commented Yuto's mom, Stephanie Hwang. “Let's see... a man who's been a ladies' man as early as age four. Hmmm...”

 

“Son, good job!” Steph's husband, Choi Seunghyun, praised, high-fiving his son.

 

“Daddy, mommy, can Yuto and I play?”

 

“Sure baby,” Taeyeon answered. “Just stay inside the room, and don't fight. You two always end up fighting even if you begin with hugs and kisses.”

 

“We won't fight Aunt Taeyeon. I will only love Sarang.”

 

Jiyong kneeled down to level with the young boy, and said, “Take care of my girl, Choi Yuto. Promise?”

 

“Promise, Uncle GD. See you later papa, mama and sis.”

 

“Bye pretty Jion,” Sarang said, holding the foot of the two-year old girl carried by Tiffany.

 

The two couples watched their eldests run around the suite, hand in hand.

 

“I swear to God, we'll be in-laws in the future,” muttered Kwon Jiyong, shaking his head.

 

“I know,” TOP and sarcastically remarked, “You two, when are you going to get out of our lives?”

 

“Yah, if not for us, you wouldn't have Fany, Yuto and Baby Jion,” answered back Jiyong, to which all of them laughed to.

 

“Come to Auntie, Jion-ah,” Taeyeon invited, opening her arms to the baby in Fany's arms. Jion gladly went with her.

 

“She really loves you, best,” commented Tiffany.

 

Soon, both Jiyong and Taeyeon doted on the youngest Choi.

 

“Look at you two. You want another baby don't you?” teased Tiffany, who was already perfectly made up as one of the bridesmaids.

 

“Seriously? After the triplets, you still want more?!” questioned TOP, appalled.

 

Jiyong just calmly answered, “Hey, the gods tasked us to repopulate, and we're just up to the job.”

 

(Black Box Scene)

 

PD: It seems Yuto and Sarang are inseparable.

 

Taeyeon: Very. They are only a month apart in age, so they grew up like twins. As TOP and Tiffany's son, Yuto has always been with her since she was born. They are the bestest of friends.

 

Jiyong: I'm slightly jealous. (Smiles). Just a liiiiittle bit. But hey, Yuto is a Choi, and the mature Seunghyun's one of best people I've ever met. If my Sarang falls in love with him, I would be very happy.

 

PD: So do you really want another baby?

 

Jiyong: (Looks dreamy) I want another baby girl. Sarang feels lonely, and I feel like I have a lot of love to give to another baby girl. (Looks at the camera) Hey honey... don't feel pressured, okay?

 

Taeyeon: Jiyong and Sarang both really want a baby girl. My husband is a very good father, so he deserves to have all the child he wants. (Laughs) Goodness, at this rate, we'll have a basketball team.

 

(End Black Box Scene)

 

“Dad, mom, Lee Seojun and Lee Seoeon are here!” Daehan shouted, running towards his parents in one of the make-up area.

 

“Okay, go play your new Robocar Poli lego with them,” said Taeyeon, whose hair was being made.

 

“Can I give the twins their gifts?” wondered Manse, asking his father, who was seated with TOP, eating.

 

“Here they are. Don't forget to kiss the twins' parents,” reminded Jiyong, handing the triplets their gifts to their younger friends.

 

Daehan, Minguk, and Manse ran towards the receiving area of the suite, where the Lee family just entered.

 

“Aunt Yoona and Uncle Soohyuk, I miss you.”

 

“You are so sweet Kkukook,” Im Yoona responded, embracing each of the triplet.

 

“Are these for the twins?” asked Lee Soohyuk, receiving the toys that Manse gave his boys. “Good job buddy! Thank you.”

 

“Say thanks to your hyungs Seoeon and Seojun,” Yoona told her two sons.

 

Three-year olds Seojun and Seoeon put their hands to their abdomens, bowed, and said, “Thank you.”

 

“Guess who's here?!” a new elder male shouted upon entering the door.

 

Like always, all the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter