Motae Sollo, in short – Mossol. ( Since Birth.)

SINCE 1765
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#since1765

 

*

 

“I can't believe this was fated. It has got to be the most romantic arranged marriage ever, right?” Kwon Dami happily shared, while having a taste of Mama Kwon’s very popular kimchi soup.

 

Mama Kim then added, “It's really romantic, if come to think about it.”

 

The ladies of the Kim and Kwon families were giddily doting on the love story that was Kim Taeyeon’s and Kwon Jiyong’s. It was a Saturday afternoon in suburban Seoul, and a long table was set in the beautiful garden of Dolce Vita pension house. The two families were gathered for a family brunch hosted by the Mama and Daddy Kwon.

 

“If my sister backs down, can I volunteer as tribute?” asked Kim Hayeon, Taeyeon’s 18-year old sister. She openly declared to Jiyong, “I really want to marry you, G-dragon.”

 

“And I want to marry you too cutie,” answered Jiyong playfully, pinching the teenager’s cheeks, and kissing her forehead. The man had gotten so close with the younger Kim. She reminded her of Kim Taeyeon during their debut years.

 

“Jiyong, are you sure I can borrow your Bentley?” asked Kim Jiwoong, Taeyeon’s 28-year old brother. He was exactly the same age as Jiyong, and this allowed for the two of them to get easily closer too.

 

“Of course bro! If you want, I can also lend you my Lambo, either a black or a white one. Just let me know.”

 

“Cool beans! My god Taeng, G-dragon is your coolest boyfriend yet,” remarked Jiwoong, initiating a high-five with his sister.

 

“He’s not my boyfriend,” Taeyeon contradicted, but then she got a glimpse of the mothers watching the youngsters talking. She quickly added, “Because he’s now my fiancé, bro. Get your facts checked.”

 

Jiwoong and Jiyong hooted spiritedly, as any young man would do, and they even bumped their fists with one another.

 

“Can I really visit Rare Market?” Hayeon asked Kwon Dami, Jiyong’s 32-year old sister.

 

“Of course you can dear. You can even pick any item you want, and I'll give it to you as a gift.”

 

“Wow, you're so nice Dami sis!”

 

“Anything for my sister-in-law,” answered Dami, also growing so close with the girl. “Goodness, you are a very pretty girl, just like your sister.”

 

When Taeyeon and Jiyong observed their parents’ discussion, they were also pleasantly surprised to find them hanging really close. They were laughing and talking, as if they’ve been friends for years, even if they just met each other less than a month ago.

 

“I'll make my famous country chicken and pork dishes for next week's brunch,” said Mama Kim after praising Mama Kwon’s cooking. “Now it’s my turn to host the family brunch in Jeonju.”

 

“In-law, there is an excellent golf course in Jeonju,” Daddy Kim told Daddy Kwon. “If you have your gears and equipment, bring them so we can play with the elders.”

 

The parents continued talking about politics, sports, and cooking (for the moms). Dami and Hayeon were discussing a lot about fashion. Meanwhile, Jiwoong and Jiyong were speaking about cars and motorcycles. Taeyeon was glad that Jiwoong had to excuse himself for a while, giving her the much needed opportunity to talk to Kwon Jiyong.

 

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,” she softly whispered to him, slightly panicking. “Look at our families bonding. We’re all going to Jeonju next week. It looks like this family brunch will be a regular affair.”

 

“They're cute, aren't they?” commented Jiyong, affectionately watching their fathers’ very animated story-telling about corrupt politicians. “Our old men are drinking and hating politics together. The mothers are sharing kimchi recipes and TV drama updates. And our siblings are just clicking. It's meant to be. We're meant to be, honey.”“

 

“Yah, you're leading me on. Fany warned me about this. Stop the teasing!” she told him off, eyeing him with irritation.

 

“Honey, chill. I told you, I make fun of misery,” Jiyong coolly reminded Taeyeon, finishing his mother’s delicious chocolate pie. “You should get used to it by now. I don't complain anymore about your negativities.”

 

“So this engagement is a source of misery to you?” called out Taeyeon, sounding a bit upset at his callous statement. “I’m a source of misery to you?”

 

“Of course. It's ruining my chances with Audrie. If she finds out about this, she'll never take me back,” casually answered the man while his mouth was filled with a spoonful of pie.

 

“Like you're the only one suffering. Tsk, tsk,” Taeyeon mumbled, shaking her head. She then pointed at the chocolate cream stuffed between his teeth.

 

“Complain all you want, while I joke all I want, okay wifey?”

 

Ring. Ring. Ring. Just then, Taeyeon’s mobile phone rang in her pocket. Upon checking it, someone important was calling at such an unfortunate time.

 

“Oh shoot. It's Baekhyun.”

 

Jiyong saw the Exo kid’s face reflected on Taeyeon’s phone. He moved forward and faced her, in an opportunity to block her phone’s view from the elders. “Go, I'll handle this.”

 

When Taeyeon stood up, Jiyong then announced to everyone, “Mothers, fathers, siblings, please excuse us two. I'm just going to give Taeyeon a view of the lake.”

 

To avoid suspicion, he followed Taeyeon, and the two of them began walking away from the garden, and towards the lakeside of the pension.

 

“Be safe love birds,” cat-called Kwon Dami.

 

“Don't do anything dirty okay? We can hear you,” also teased Kim Jiwoong.

 

When they have finally created a safe distance from their family, Taeyeon finally answered the phone. Meanwhile, Jiyong allowed her to walk farther to give her privacy. However, he could still hear Taeyeon’s response to her caller.

 

“Hello? Hi Bae.”

 

“Hey baby noona. Where are you? I heard you finished all the week's prerecordings. I'm free today, too. Want to meet up?”

 

“Huh? Uhm... you're in Seoul?”

 

“Yeah, I am. I just got back from the Korean Broadcasting Awards. My next schedule is tomorrow night, so we can have a date. I really miss you.”

 

“I miss you too, but I'm sorry Bae, I have a family affair right now.”

 

“I wouldn't be free again until next month though. I really want to see you. Please baby noona...”

 

Taeyeon thought hard, and just told her boyfriend, “I can try. I'll call you back. I love you.”

 

“I'll say I love you too once we're together.”

 

Then, they hung up. She paced around, trying to make up excuses about leaving the brunch early. Her parents knew that her schedule was done for the day. In truth, she wanted to be with Baekhyun more than ever, as she hasn’t seen him ever since she got engaged.

 

“Don't worry, we can get you out of this,” Jiyong declared from behind her. She totally forgot that the man followed her.

 

“Really? You'll help me?” she asked, quite hopeful now.

 

“Looks like it'll be your first date in a long time. You need some hot loving to loosen up your uptightness,” said Jiyong, teasing. But Taeyeon let it go, because she was just glad he could help.

 

“Thank you Jiyong, thank you so much!” she shouted with glee, jumping from excitement. She was so close to hugging him, but good thing she found her restraint just in time. “You're really the best!!!”

 

“Hey, I understand the ordeals of an idol's dating life. If I can help you, why not? You’ll owe me though.”

 

“Of course. I'll make sure the pay back's worth it,” Taeyeon promised.

 

*

 

Two hours later, Kwon Jiyong and Kim Taeyeon were inside Jiyong’s white Lamborghini. They managed to fool their family when they told them they were planning to see a movie. They have reached their destination at around four in the afternoon. Jiyong drove his car in an underground lot of a posh apartment tower in Gangnam. SM clearly provided a good housing for their talents too.

 

“You must have had it twice as hard, being long-distance and all. Not to mention the language barrier. Did you two speak in Korean or Japanese?” Taeyeon asked Jiyong while he was driving around, looking for a parking spot.

 

“Audrie fully understands Korean, and I understand Japanese and English,” Jiyong told her, successfully parking his car. “If music can bridge the barrier, why can't love? And besides, language doesn't matter in bed.”

 

Taeyeon blushed. This was the first time Jiyong soberly talked about with just the two of them. “Th-that's true.” Of course he’d say that. He’s definitely not a mossol…

 

“Let's talk about it some other time though,” the young man said, looking out the window. “I see a hooded man waiting. Oh, is that him? Wow, he looks young.”

 

Jiyong saw a lanky young man who looked like a teenager, waiting in the elevator area of the parking lot. That is Taeyeon’s boyfriend? Eeeew. He’s not even manly, or appealing. What does she see in him?

 

“Yup, that's my Bae,” proudly declared Taeyeon upon confirming her boyfriend’s identity from afar.

 

“Dang, that is extremely cheesy.”

 

“Shut up. But really, thanks Jiyong. You didn't have to sneak me out of the family lunch. I could have driven myself here.”

 

“Even if we're not pursuing marriage with them, that doesn't mean I can help you get some serious investment from that little boy. We're partners, after all.”

 

Taeyeon felt a sudden surge of strong appreciation for Jiyong. She smiled at him, and held out her hand. “To partners. Daehanminguk...”

 

“Manse!” Jiyong finished the phrase with her, and he even brought their hands up to signal their hurrays. Without letting her hand go as it settled down, he said, “One tip though. We really like it when our girl makes an effort to play video games with us. Even if you , we'll enjoy winning and teasing you.”

 

“Really? But those games are boring. I don't even know how to use a gaming console,” Taeyeon commented, noticing that Jiyong was still gripping her left hand tightly.

 

“For tonight, just have the kid teach you. He'd totally enjoy teaching you. Just act cute and pretend you're impressed of him, that'll shoot up his ego. One day I'll teach you thoroughly so you can surprise him with your skills.”

 

“Ok, thanks. You're really the best Jiyongie!” she exclaimed, taking her hand back with subtlety. If she wasn’t mistaken, she felt Jiyong’s hesitance to give it back. “Oh, and text me the details about Fany and Seunghyun's trip. Are you sure they're going to be fine?”

 

“Sure they are. TOP's a fun company. They'll never get bored. Now off you go, chop, chop, Taeyeonnie,” he egged her, and finally, Taeyeon unloaded his car.

 

Jiyong watched his fiancé walk t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter