Getting to know

American Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's hands are on her waist she is carefully looking at everything making sure that everything is in place that their apartment does not look like a mess anymore she sprayed lilac fragrance all over to make sure that the spoil milk smell disappeared.

"Wow.. 360 transformations in the house with just twenty minutes." Soo Young came out of her room with a towel rubbing her hair.

"Twenty? You were taking a shower for an hour." Jessica said as she starts moving the displays from one place to another. "That is too long, too much germs from Hawaii?" Jessica looked at Soo Young and smirked she was talking about green stuff of course.

Soo Young just rolled her eyes. Jessica giggled.

"Shut up."

Jessica laughed,

Soo Young found herself mesmerize on how Jessica looks like right now, those precious smile, the sound of her laughter those are the things that makes her heart flutter, it is obvious that Jessica Jung is someone .... Special to her. Jessica found Soo Young looking at her that way and she smiled to her... She too has something special for her. The feeling is mutual? but they have this thing called friendship that they can't and won't put in the line.

"So you are really marrying her?" Soo Young asked a thousand times since Jessica announced that she is engage and venturing in that type of business.

"I am." Jessica answered focusing on another direction

"Why?" Soo Young asked with a sound of desperation.

Jessica stopped and look at Soo Young.

"Because I need a living."

Soo Young silently looking at the ground as Jessica waited for a respond from her friend. Is she making the right decision marrying someone who she does not know much and seeing Soo Young acting like this makes her want to think about getting married but she can't just leave Yuri that way, the girl is in the plane and will be arriving tonight.....

"I can give you a living you know." Soo Young took every courage she has in her to finally say those words. It is her confession.

Jessica stood up straight. She knew exactly what it meant but she can't and she won't Soo Young is her friend.

"Yeah right.. I could be your assistant." Jessica is hesitant to acknowledge whatever Soo Young meant.

"No... Not an assistant Jessica... Marry me instead." Soo Young is looking straight at Jessica and Jessica was off guard. She was shock and stuck up... That was really shocking coming from Soo Young who likes playing around.... Who likes not giving a damn about everything, who is in a relationship as well.

Crickets appeared on that question. Their eyes are meeting each other one is hopeful and the other was so shock. Soo Young's heart is like a bullet train not stopping anticipating a positive response.. Jessica's body want to fall at that very moment.. She was excited but her mind said otherwise she can't stop now, her wife to be is in the plane and she made the deal.. Signed and sealed if Soo Young asked it earlier... She would have been jumping in joy now.

"Gosh.. I hope I was not late traffic is really bad out there." The door opened and a girl with long light brown locks and a trench coat two inches above the knee with a Burberry scarf appeared. She has a bag of groceries in her hand. Among them four, she is the most organized and somewhat responsible. She works with the CIA but never forget to feed her Unnies.

"Am I interrupting something?" The said girl stops her track as she saw her two housemates looking at each other.

"Hehehe nothing much Seo Hyun, thank God you arrived our Soo Young here had a lot of things to say." Jessica was the first one who broke their gaze and Soo Young wanted to call out but her heart was broken at this very moment.

"Oh I bet.. Hawaii treat you well?" Seo Hyun said as she removes her scarf and coat she put her bag on the couch and went straight to the kitchen and to the fridge to get water.

"Yeah it was fine." Soo Young coldly answered keeping her gaze to Jessica. Who happened to pretend busy on something.

"Oh Jessica you'll be using my car right? I have it cleaned so your business partner will not be disappointed." Seo Hyun said as she drank her water.

"Business partner?" Jessica was a bit shock

"Yeah, business partner, well that is all for business nothing serious about your relationship so that is how I call it." Seo Hyun answered "I'm going to hit the shower and cook for our guest."

"Why is everyone thrilled about her arrival?!" Soo Young asked in irritation.

"Because not all of us have feelings for Jessica." Seo Hyun said as she hit Soo Young's shoulder and Jessica laugh awkwardly while Soo Young threaten to hit Seo Hyun and the CIA just raise a brow and walk towards her room.

"I'm going to pretend the thing before Seo Hyun arrive did not happen."

Jessica looked at Soo Young and then Soo Young changed direction and went to her room she knows what that look meant and she knows she can do nothing about Jessica's decision.
-

Jessica was thinking about what Soo Young said she was bothered earlier before her wife to be or business partner, the way Seo Hyun calls it arrive. She is pushing the cart which contains of two LV luggage and a Givenchy bag.

"You drive this car?" The woman behind her finally spoke as she stopped in front of a black Benz car.

Jessica then look at the car and then Yuri.

"Oh this car yeah I drive it well basically I am driving but this one belongs to my housemate the girl from the CIA, I told you about her yeah?" Jessica said feeling awkward.

"Ah yeah:" Yuri is intensely looking at the car.

"You seemed to be a fan.." Jessica's observation.

"I drive the same car back home.. My sister would be so happy she'll drive my baby now." Yuri said she feels awkward but she knows she needs to be comfortable with this person for they will spend more time together. Yuri went inside the car to check out the interior and damn almost everything looks like hers.. She found it really attractive and because of that Jessica needs to load the trunk alone with Yuri's big luggage.. The poor petite girl.

"This is heavy! Did she put metal in it." Jessica trying to lift it yet she is sweating. No help arrive even from Yuri who is busy checking out the car and she is already panting when she closed the trunk.

"Your friend has good taste."

"Yeah, she has.." Jessica is catching her breathe.

"You okay?"

'Really you asked me that after I load your luggage in the trunk... Did you put some metal or rock there?' She asked in her mind, she can't act like that with her not in the first time they met.

"Yeah all good." Jessica smiled and started panting again. She was shock when Yuri offered her a bottled water , she have not drink from it she uncapped it for Jessica.

"Here.. You look like you ran a marathon."

Jessica looked at the bottle and Yuri who is smiling at her.

"Thanks."

"No worries I always keep an extra one I hate riding the plane." Yuri said she is looking at the streets and making herself familiar with the location.

"So... You said you live with three other people?" Yuri broke the silence.

"Yeap.. Soo Young, the pharmacist, she travels a lot, Seo Hyun a CIA doctor, more likely she study the body of a victim or a crime scene, then Tae Yeon she is a stage actress she is in Ohio, I guess.."

"I see" Yuri nodded. "How about your family?"

"My family?" Jessica was caught off guard with that question of course, she needs to know they are to get married. "Uhm... My mom and dad are in Florida and my sister is in Atlanta." Jessica's only answer, Yuri then felt a wall when she asked Jessica about her family but she continue to ask anyway.

"They are fine with you getting married?"

Jessica sweats. "They don't know about me getting married I mean. It’s not necessary for them to know." Jessica smiled awkwardly. "You? Your family knew?"

"Yes, my mom said it was a business deal but she packs a bunch of things for you and my sister, she cried a river about this." Yuri smiled and look outside.

"You must be real close to your mom saying that this is because of the citizenship." Jessica said.

"My mom knew it, that since eight I dream of becoming a permanent resident here so she is cool with it." Yuri answered she is really try

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter