Finding the Right Picasso

Sugar Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Note:

This story is one of the first ever drabbles I written. This is for my love for my favorite Art professor Mr.Sy. saranghaeyo Mr. Sy! Hehe.

Readers,

 

Enjoy!

-nerdie

 

----

 

Finding the Right Picasso

 

 

It's been three years since I started my college and live a dorm life here in America. And so far, so good. Well, I got to say it's been hard when I decided to separate house with my parents and live independently on a dorm when I was 17, but now I am already 21, I got used to it. College life is tough as a woman who got her mood swing and as ambiguous as a man who can't settle for one mate. It's crazy...it brings me high to the clouds and it dragged me down to deepest part of soil whenever I experience it's bitter reality. College is all about future and reality. You will be required to write hundred pages of thesis for days and your professors will just shattered it into pieces if you cannot prove it's right. Love is like a thesis, you'll fight for it ‘til the end just to reach your one goal. For love, it's marriage but for thesis, it's graduation. But anyway, that's not my issue here.

 

BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ!

 

“Urgh...I want to sleep more”

 

BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ!

 

“Damn it!” I said as I sat up and turned off the alarm. I looked at the clock. It's struck at 6:30 am. My class is at 7am, Yeah...I'm doomed!

 

“What the...” I got up really fast and skipped bathing for today and just showered myself with my bottle of perfume.

 

“I should take a bath later.” I said to myself as I changed into my uniform and slightly comb my hair. I get my bag and went out of the room. I ran towards the kitchen to get a slice of bread but then I saw a green sticky note on the ref.

 

“Hi, there are cupcakes inside. Please feel free to get and eat them.-KTY”

 

“As usual...a note” I shook my head and get a cupcake and leave

 

 

KTY...My dorm mate Kim Taeyeon. She's been my dorm mate for three years but we never really talk to each other that much. She rarely get out of her room and we never really have a proper communication except this green sticky notes. I don't know if she hates me or it's just that we're not that close. Anyway, why should I bother.

 

I ran towards the school and got late on my first period. I checked my watch, it's already 8:30am. I ran towards the classroom door.

 

“Sorry sir, I'm late!”

 

“Oh, Miss Hwang. You're too early for your next subject.” Professor Jung said

 

Mr. Jung was supposed to be mad at me, but because I'm a pal of his daughter. He just nodded and asked me to sit down. I sat on my usual place. I saw my friend Jessica Jung sitting in on the class.

 

“Tiff...What happened to you?” she asked me

 

“I woke up late.” I whispered

 

“And why is that so?” she asked with a smirk

 

“I studied for my test and did our thesis. Gosh, when will you have a heart and help me with that?”

 

“Well, I just help you now with my father, did I?” she shrugged

 

“Oh, just be thankful you're my friend or else.”

 

“Don't worry, I'll help. By the way...I got Nichkhun's number!” she said happily

 

“How did you do it?” I asked excitedly.

 

Nichkhun's my crush for three years so this is really a good news for me.

 

“Yuri” Jessica said proudly as she hand me a piece of paper which I gladly took

 

“Tell Yuri I said thank you...”

 

--

 

The bell rang after my two classes. I first took my lunch with Jessica and right after that, Jessica met with Yuri and I went to the library to do my remaining paper works. I was on my way to the library when I bumped into someone.

 

“Sorry!” I said as I picked up the sketch pad and painting materials on the floor of what I assume is an art student. I was about to give it back when I saw who it was. It was my dorm mate.

 

“Taeyeon?” I said as I handed her things to her

 

She nodded and smiled at me

 

“Are you going to the library?” I asked

 

She nodded

 

“Okay, let's go together.” I said

 

We went towards the library and sat on the same table.

 

“You're going to finish your sketch here?” I asked

 

She just nodded

 

“I see.”

 

I took out my books and start doing my business. I started to do my reviewer for my upcoming exams and proceeded at my history subject. It's been an hour, I started to get bored and I watched Kim Taeyeon doing her sketch.

 

“Is that a unicorn?” I asked as I chuckled

 

She just nodded as usual. She never really talks to me.

 

“It's cute” I said

 

Minutes pass, I started to doze off to sleep. I woke up with the sound of my phone. Jessica's calling me

 

“Hwang, where are you?”

 

“At the library, why?”

 

“Get your here inside the room. Lecture will start at 10 minutes!” she said

 

“Alright, alright”

 

 

I gathered my things together and I forgot that I have not finished my history paper yet. It's my next subject. Urgh, this day is so unlucky. I noticed that Taeyeon already left and I saw a green sticky note above my history paper.

 

“Hi! I hope you don't mind. I finished your paper for you. Have a great day! :-) -KTY”

 

Oh, Taeyeon. She never really talks to me but she's really kind. Anyway, I should thank her later on at the dorm. I gathered my things and went towards my class.

 

“Did you already text him?” said Jessica

 

“Text who?”

 

“Nichkhun, you idiot!”

 

“Ah, not yet...”

 

“Why?”

 

“I still do not know what to say.”

 

“Stupid Hwang, give me your phone.” Jessica stole my phone

 

“Hey!” I complained

 

I tried to steal it away from her but she already had that smug smile on her face.

 

“Done!” Jessica said as she gave out her victory smirked

 

“Yah, Jung. What have you done!” I said in panic as I immediately viewed the sent messages.

 

“Hi Nichkhun! It's Tiffany Hwang. Are you busy on Saturday night? The department is throwing an annual ball. I hope you can come! ;)”

 

“Urgh, seriously Sica!”

 

“You act too slow. I just helped you!”

 

“Whatever.” I said in annoyance

 

Three hours had passed, I received a message

 

“Hello! I'm sorry, but I am not Nichkhun. I guess you sent it to wrong number? :-) “

 

Urgh, damn Jessica Jung. Let me hunt you tomorrow morning.

 

“Oh, I'm really sorry! Sorry for disturbing your time.” I replied

 

“It's okay, by the way. I know you” the sender replied

 

“Really?” I asked

 

“Yes, You're Tiffany Hwang from history department, right?”

 

“That's right. How did you know?”

 

“Let's say you're beautiful and kind so you're name in art department is popular”

 

I grinned as I read the message

 

“So you're an art student?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“What's your name?’

 

 

 

I waited for a response but it took so long, so I just decided to come home.I saw Taeyeon at the living room, watching cartoons as she eats her tube of ice cream. She's always like this. Like a child who's fond of sweets and treats.

 

“Good evening!” I greeted her, she just nodded and continued watching.

 

She never talk to me. I'm starting to be suspicious if she's mute or not. But I know she's not. I saw her talking to Mrs.Son our landlady but I didn't heard the conversation. But it’s not my business anyway, what good does it do if she talks.

 

I went towards the table and I saw a note there. “Ice cream on the ref, strawberry :-) “

 

Oh, good lord! Bless you Kim Taeyeon!

 

I prepared myself to sleep so I said good night to Taeyeon, and she just nodded as usual. As I lay myself on my bed, I waited for a reply to my previous text to the art student but it didn’t come, so I texted the number again.

 

“No reply?”

 

After a few minutes a reply came.

 

“Picasso...”

 

---

And with that, I started to become friends with a stranger called Picasso. I grew fond of Picasso, there’s no day that we didn’t talk to each other. Picasso is like my diary, a friend who’s always there to listen to my troubles. We’ve been texting each other for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter