On A Rainy Day

Sugar Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Note:

I was reading Little Prince again last holiday so I came up to this. I totally ship the prince and the rose! And it was rainy last holiday. It rained last new years eve. So I write.

I hope you like it! :-) 

 

 

On A Rainy Day

 

 

On a lonely hour of a rainy day in summer, a small blonde girl on her yellow raincoat and her umbrella was waiting on a shed for the rain to stop. She was staring at the sky as she swirled her umbrella back and forth on her hands and holding a thin book at the same time. A tall tanned girl was staring at her. It’s been an hour, and yet the rain had not stop. The sky was in the middle of upcoming darkness and fading sun light. The tall tanned girl couldn’t helped to think and be bothered by the blonde, so she asked.

 

 

“Excuse me, miss? Why don't you use your umbrella to walk to your destination?” said the tall tanned girl who was wondering why the small girl was waiting for the rain to stop if she already is equip with an umbrella and a raincoat.

 

The small blonde girl looked at her and looked back at the rain drops hitting on her palm.

 

“Do you know where do the raindrops go when it fell to the ground?”the small girl asked all of a sudden

 

“W-What?” the tall tanned girl said in confusion

 

“Do you know where do the raindrops go when it fell to the ground?”the small girl asked again as she let her shoes be soaked by the rain

 

The tanned girl thought the question was childish but she answered anyway.

 

“It evaporates and become a cloud.” the tall tanned girl replied

 

“What happens after it become a cloud?” the small girl asked another question

 

 

The tanned girl thought that the small girl was mighty weird but she answered the question anyway.

 

 

“It falls back down again to the ground and the cycle goes on.” the tanned girl said logically

 

“It’s strange, isn’t it?” the small blonde girl said and laughed softly...so soft that it sounds so bitter despite of her melodious voice and cheerful disposition.

 

“Why?” the tanned girl asked

 

“It’s strange...the rain drops is said to be essential and yet, it has no permanent place to go.” the small girl said as she looked upon the sky.

 

 

“Do you have no place to go?” the tanned girl carefully asked but the small girl just looked up on the sky and looked down on her soaked socks as she lifted her shoes discreetly. The tanned girl looked at the small girl’s face and she saw how sad it was, so she decided to cheer her up through her words.

 

 

“But if the rain drops stay in one place, it will be bad. It can either cause flood if it stays too long on the ground and it can cause drought if it stays too long on the clouds.” the tanned girl said as she looked at the small girl and wonder about the question. The small blonde girl looked at the tanned girl and saw her ID and read her name out loud.

 

 

“Kwon Yuri...” the small girl said

 

“H-Huh?” the tanned girl asked surprisedly and the small girl just pointed on her ID. “O-Oh, right...My name is Kwon Yuri, and you are?” the tanned girl offered her hands to shake but the small girl just looked at it and smile and looked back in the rain.

 

 

“The rain drops fall down to people's clothes and make their socks soak... The rain drops falls down to umbrella and yet, it slips away...The rain drop falls down to the ground and yet it leaves no trace on it... “ the small girl rhetorically said

 

 

“What do you mean?” the tall girl asked

 

“Do you like a sunny day or a rainy day?” the small girl cheerfully asked

 

“I don’t like rainy weather because it is troublesome, I like sunny days. But sometimes the sun is too hot so I like the rain to come.” the girl named Yuri said

 

 

“The people feels the rain... They feel everything about it from it's cold breeze in the air, slippery of the ground, droplets on their skin and wetness of their socks but still, they choose to move forward and they’re too busy to enjoy it. They hate it for being troublesome... But they didn't notice that the rain is beautiful... It makes the rainbow comes after it. But the people are too busy to appreciate it. They don’t even noticed that the rain already ended, and when the sunny day comes, they begin to miss the rain because it’s too hot.” the small girl said as she smiled a little and looked at the sunset over the rain.

 

 

“There is a lot of things to do than to stare at the rainbow... You know, time is important.” Yuri said as she sat on the bench inside the shed, closely to the standing small girl. She put her carried office luggage on her lap and took out her phone and after a few minutes she was frustrated.

 

“Damn, no signal... I’ll miss my meeting.” she groaned in frustration. The small standing girl looked behind her to look at Yuri.

 

“You’re a business woman?” the small girl asked or more so stated

 

“H-How did you know?”

 

“You are too serious...” the small girl said “You didn’t even noticed the sunset...I just wish you’ll see the rainbow after the rain.” the small girl said

 

“I don't understand you... You speak so deep.” Yuri complained

 

“Because you use alone your brain in understanding...” the small girl shrugged

 

“Because the brain is use for thinking!” Yuri defended

 

“But thinking with brain alone is bad... It is evil and misguided without the heart. It is deceitful, prideful and proud without that.” the small girl sat beside Yuri

 

“You’re too idealistic.” Yuri replied

 

“And you’re too realistic... You didn’t even see the sunset because you’re too focus in your life.” the small girl said

 

“Well, if I don’t focus with my life, I’ll lose my job!” Yuri said

 

 

“You sound like someone I knew...She’s always busy and she always say “I'm a serious person!...I'm busy!” and because of that, she never see the sunset, she never danced in the rain, she never noticed the sunrise and she never was happy... She never learned how to love.” the small girl almost broke into tears but she bit her lips and remain still to refrain from crying. “She never knew how to love anyone so she only loves herself...”the small girl looked at the raindrops that keeps falling to the ground

 

 

Yuri looked at the small girl and listened to her as the girl keeps on talking as she held the thin book on her lap.

 

 

“Like the Rose in this book she was... Full of vanity and selfishness and yet she remained as the most fairest maiden for someone named Taeyeon. Like the prince in this book, Taeyeon took care of her Rose, Stephanie as a fragile treasure.Taeyeon served Stephanie and protected her and yet Stephanie was too blind to see Taeyeon’s love for her. All because, she doesn’t know how to love...

 

 

 

 

 


---

“Taeyeon!” a redhead girl called the attention of a young girl in front of her.

 

“Do you need something Stephanie?”

 

“Can you tie my shoe lace for me? I’m too tired to reach it.” the redhead said as she looked at herself in the mirror

 

“Okay...”

 

Taeyeon tied Stephanie’s laces and speak. “I already prepared your lunch. I cooked your favorite food!” Taeyeon cheered “It’s on the table.”

 

“I’ll just have lunch with my friends later at the restaurant and besides, I'm not in the mood for eating carbohydrates, it will only destroy my figure.”

 

 

“O-Oh...Okay.” Taeyeon said weakly and disappointment was written on her face but she managed to smile as she stood up in front of the love of her life. Stephanie looked back in the mirror for a while...Taeyeon thought that Stephanie doesn’t notice her efforts so she was sad. Stephanie then, cleared and speak.

 

“I’ll get going now... Don’t wait for me.” Stephanie went outside and shut the door as she left Taeyeon alone on their house.

 

 

---


Taeyeon was excited, it will be their first anniversary together tomorrow. She planned everything already about her midnight surprised dinner with Stephanie, she was thinking happy thoughts until Stephanie called her attention.

 

“Taeyeon!”

 

“Oh, Stephanie?” Taeyeon looked at Stephanie and was stunned and amazed. Stephanie was beautiful on her formal dress and make up on. Her hair was curled in perfection. It was like an angel came to life.

 

“Stephane...You look beautiful.” Taeyeon blushed in her own statement

 

“I know right?...” Taeyeon was shocked how proud the girl can be but continued to appreciate her beauty “I have business meeting later on, I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter