2016 - 21.12

Thr33
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr. Jung rushed to Krystal and Amber's house. He parked the car and rang the doorbell.

His heart hurt as he saw Krystal. Her eyes were swollen, she has been crying the whole time waiting for him to come.

"Appa" Krystal sobbed again

Mr. Jung hugged her daughter and let her cry. He patted her back and he was surprised as he realized that it is the first time he ever had her in his arms. This is the first time he is actually there for her as she needed a shoulder to cry on.

"What happened?" He asked while wiping Krystal's tears

"Amber went to see the baby's father. She texted me early this morning and said she would come home soon. I didn't know what happened after but the hospital called me that she is hurt and need to be operated on" Krystal started to cry again.

"I'm sure she is alright. Amber is strong" Mr. Jung tried to calm her.

"I fell asleep" Krystal sobbed "I waited for her but I fell asleep"

"It is not your fault, sweetheart," Mr. Jung said "Why don't you get ready and let's go to the hospital"

Krystal wiped her tears "I need to wake Jiyoon up first and tell her that Amber is in the hospital"

 

Mr.Jung watched her walked upstairs. Krystal took a deep breath before she knocked on Jiyoon's door and slowly entered the room.

Krystal smiled as she saw Jiyoon opened her eyes, yawned and stretched her body "Morning, Umma. What time is it?"

"It's around 7.30" Krystal sat on the bed and Jiyoon's hair "Sorry to wake you up so early on holiday"

"It's okay" Jiyoon looked at Krystal and frowned as she saw her reddened eyes "Umma, are you okay?"

"I'm fine" Krystal forced a smile

Jiyoon sat on her bed and examined her umma's face. She knew there is something wrong.

"What is it, Umma? Why have you been crying?" She thought about things that could make Krystal sad and said: "Did something happen to the baby?"

"No" Krystal shook her head "Little baby is fine" 

"Umma, tell me what's wrong" Jiyoon pulled on Krystal's shirt

Krystal tried to hold her tears to not scare Jiyoon "Jiyoonie, the hospital called this morning. They said... they said that Amber is hurt."

"MOM?" Jiyoon's eyes got bigger "What? What do you mean she's hurt?"

"I don't know, honey. The nurse only said that she is not badly hurt but they still need to operate on her" Krystal said carefully

"No..." Jiyoon shook her head "NO! YOU LIE!"

"Honey..." Krystal tried to take her daughter in her arms but Jiyoon was panicking. She pushed Krystal away

"Mom is downstairs. We had dinner together yesterday, She couldn't have been hurt. Umma, she is not hurt" Jiyoon started to cry

Krystal took Jiyoon's hand "I'm sure she is just fine, Jiyoonie."

"We need to go" Jiyoon jumped from her bed "I need to see mom. Let's go, Umma. Now"

"Fine. Grandpa is downstairs, he's going to take us to the hospital, okay. Go change your clothes first. I'm going to get ready too."

Jiyoon wiped her tears and nodded.

 

As they reached the hospital, Krystal kneel and said to her daughter "You stay here with Grandpa first, okay? I am going to ask where your Mom is"

"Okay," Jiyoon said. She walked to Mr. Jung and held his hand.

Mr. Jung looked at her granddaughter and smiled reassuringly "Your mom is going to be just fine. She's a tough one"

Jiyoon nodded.

Krystal walked to the receptionist "Good morning. My name is Jung. I'm looking for Amber Josephine Liu. Nurse Song called me and said that she is going to be operated on"

The woman behind the counter typed something on her computer and said "Miss Liu is already out from the operating room. She on the west wing, room 2701"

"Thank you" Krystal bowed a little.

 

"Is mom alright?" Jiyoon asked as they walked towards the west wing.

"Well, she's out of surgery and already in her room. So I think everything went well" Krystal felt a little bit better knowing that they put Amber in a normal room instead of the ICU. At least that means that she isn't hurt too bad. 

Krystal took a deep breath as they reached room 2701. 

"Let me go first and see if she's asleep," she said to Jiyoon and her Appa. She knocked on the door and was relieved as she heard Amber's voice saying "Come in"

It wasn't a good sight. Amber had a huge bandage on her left cheek, her eyes are both swollen, she had stitches on her lower lips. The worse thing was a huge pipe coming from her right chest. The pipe is connected with some kind of transparent box on the floor. The box is filled with red liquid. Krystal got scared considering that it could be blood inside the box. 

"Hey" Amber tried to smiled but her lips stung as she did that.

"Amber" Krystal slowly approached her while biting her lip, trying not to cry. But as she got on her bed and saw Amber closer, she couldn't hold her tears.

"I'm sorry" Amber apologized "I know I look awful but it is not as bad as it looks"

"What happened?" Krystal sobbed "Who did this?"

Amber scratched her head "Well, I actually kinda brought this on myself."

"What?" Krystal said, "I don't believe it."

"It's a long story. Shortly, Kai didn't want the baby," Amber looked at the door "Is Jiyoon outside?"

"Yeah, with Appa" Krystal wiped her tears "I better tell her a little bit that you are on bandages before she sees you. I'm afraid she will be terrified seeing you like this"

Amber nodded and looked around "I look awful, don't I?"

"Yes, you do. But at least you are stable and the wounds aren't life-threatening" Krystal wiped her tears again

"Sorry to make you worried" Amber Krystal's cheek.

"I'm going to get Jiyoon" Krystal got up and slowly walked to the door. She opened the door and closed it again.

Jiyoon looked at Krystal and was a little bit confused that Krystal walked out and closed the door instead of letting her into her Amber "Umma, is Mom asleep?"

"No, she's not" Krystal kneel again

"Can I come in to see her?" Jiyoon said again

"Of course you can. She's been asking for you" Krystal smiled "Honey, when you see your mom, she has bandages and stitches everywhere. It doesn't look nice. But she is well, don't be scared when you see her, okay?"

"Is she in pain?" Jiyoon blinked rapidly trying not to cry.

"No, she's not" Krystal Jiyoon's hair "Your mom is really brave and strong. Want to come in now?"

Jiyoon nodded and took Krystal's hand.

 

As Krystal opened the door, Jiyoon hid behind her. 

"Hey, Kiddo," Amber said and this time she really forced herself to smile in spite of the pain.

"Mom?" Jiyoon peeked from behind Krystal

"Come closer" Amber gestured Jiyoon not to be scared

Seeing Amber with all the bandages and the wounds, Jiyoon started to cry next to Amber's bed.

"Hey, hey" Amber reached out for her daughter "Come here" she tapped the bed, telling Jiyoon to climb on her bed and hugged her "I know this looks really bad, but I am fine. It's just small wound

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter