2015 - 11.08

Thr33
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The smell of coffee tickled Krystal's nose and she slowly opened her eyes. After adjusting her pupils to the light, she sat, leaning on the bed post. She looked at her sleeves and noticing that she wasn't wearing her own clothes. Her head slowly remembered what happened yesterday. She got up and went to the kitchen. 

"Yeah, thank you, dude, I appreciate this. Thank you so much." Amber's voice echoed in the room.

Krystal walked in the kitchen and she saw Jiyoon grinning to her "Good morning, Unnie"

"Good morning" Krystal smiled. 

Amber made a gesture for her to sit down "I'll call you later ok. Once more, I can't thank you enough. Ok. Bye" Amber hung up the phone and said to Krystal "Sorry about that" 

Krystal just shook her head.

"Coffee?" Amber asked

"Yes, please" Krystal watched Amber poured the coffee into the cup "Thank you"

"Jiyoon, would you be kind and bring Krystal Unnie some sugar and milk?" Amber asked her daughter

The girl nodded.

"No, Jiyoon, please don't. I can get them myself" Krystal got up hurriedly "Just tell me where they are"

"Sure, Unnie"

 

Jiyoon took Krystal's hand and went to the refrigerator "Milk is on the bottom shelf, I prefer whole milk, mom like low-fat ones. Eggs on the right, butter are on the left, veggies and fruits are on the bottom shelves."

"Kiddo, Krystal Unnie doesn't really need a tour d' refrigerator, you know"

"Of course she does if she's going to spend more time here with us"

Amber and Krystal exchanged awkward smiles while Jiyoon kept explaining where the stuff in the kitchen are.

"Ok, enough. Now sit and let's eat breakfast otherwise you are going to get late"

 

Not long after breakfast the doorbell rang. Jiyoon grabbed her school bag, say goodbye to Amber and Krystal, gave each a kiss on the cheek before she flew to the door

"Have fun" Krystal said

"I love you, kiddo" Amber waved from behind the kitchen counter

"I love you too, Mom. I love you too, Unnie. See you both tonight"

As the door closed both of them exchanged another awkward smile

"I hope she doesn't misunderstand..." Krystal said weakly

"No" Amber shook her head "She knows that we are good friends"

Krystal nodded "You know, Amber. About yesterday..."

"Ah yes about that, we are going to go to your place first, you need to change your clothes and then we are going to child service and see what we can get from them"

"I'm s-sorry?"

"I would lend you my stuff but I don't think it fits your style" Amber sipped her coffee "Besides we have time, it opens at 9 am"

"You... are going with me?" 

"Of course. Unless that you don't want to"

"But you are busy with the concert preparation," Krystal said

"A friend is covering for me today"

"No, Amber, I can't do that..."

"Shush, everything has been taken care of. I told you I am not going to leave you alone in this and I meant what I said. You are stuck with me whether you like it or not."

Krystal opened to say something but Amber shook her head "Nope, it's settled. Don't waste your breath talking me out of this"

 

After breakfast they drove to Krystal's place, Amber insisted for her to pack some clothes to put at her place. She hesitated at first but couldn't say no at the end because Amber argument about saving time and it'll be more practical to plan things if she stayed at her place for a while. Amber stole glances at her childhood friend on their way to the child service office, she didn't say much, she kept looking out of the window and Amber could feel how nervous she is. 

"Hey," Amber said.

Krystal turned her head, Amber smiled and said "We are going to be just fine"

Even that she felt nervous, she felt it was heart touching how Amber took care of her, how she insisted on staying at her side.

 

It was a quite ride, Krystal felt like her heart is going to come out from her ribcage as they got out of the car. She tried to calm her shaking hands but they just won't stop trembling. Her heart skipped a beat as she felt Amber's hand on hers, holding it gently. She looked at the tomboy, who gave her a gentle smile and winked "Let's find your daughter"

The person in charge wasn't at the office as they arrived so they had to wait outside. After about 20 minutes, which felt like a lifetime for Krystal, the door opened and a middle-aged woman called Krystal's name. She wore a horned rim glasses, her face expression looked strict. Krystal bit her lower lip. Amber noticed and she took Krystal's hand in hers again to calm her friend.

"Sit down, please," the middle-aged woman s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter