(20 yrs old)
Texas, United States
Joined on Aug 31, 2011
Last login on May 22, 2013
“Crying tears of blood because of Hofeels.”
I am an artist willing to provide these services:
Please request service on my site or my wall.
My Portfolio Site
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/262720/ [ensure link is safe before clicking]
Please do not advertise on my wall. I will delete advertisements. Thank you.
Wall spamming in the form of feels and actual conversation is welcome. :3
Feel free to introduce yourself to me over here. I'd prefer to know who you are, but if you are shy, you can ask me stuff on anon over here. Pretty much any question is free game, whether it is writing-related, AFF-related, kpop-related or something that's completely random. Personal questions are also fine, within reason. The only things that are really off-limits and will be disregarded and deleted are 1) blatant bashing, 2) personal questions that are invasive, and 3) requests for opinions on specific users on AFF (unless there is potential benefit to the user in question, such as recommending him/her as an author).
Profile picture credits can be found at the bottom of my About Me. Please do not crop, edit, remove the watermark on any of these photos, and please repost them with proper credit.
If you have the time, please take this survey about your AFF reading habits/preferences: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C8WN8VK.
- Writing Advice - Writing: Thoughts and Tips
- Review Service - Asterisks: Review Service [Closed/Busy]
- Writing Contest - 1/3 Enchanted Writing contest [Open]
- AFF Satire Fic - Vilified: Confessions from a Queenka
Infinite Fan Fiction Recommendations
- The winning entries to the Infinitized Writing Contest
- "Ante Bellum" by genieforyou14 (het, HoyaxOC, fantasy, au)
- "Lucifer's Matches" by btob2uty (yaoi, WooGyu, fantasy, au)
- "Trip To" by eseech (friendship!WooGyu, fantasy, au)
- "The Color of Blood" by kissychuu (het, WoohyunxOC, fantasy, au)
- You can also check my subscriptions.
Links to Blog Posts of Interest
- A more detailed self-introduction
- Eris's AFF "Character Profile" and Things I Want My Friends to Know About Me
- A Reflection on My Nickname
- Deconstructing Eris
- Eris's Fangirl FAQ and FAQ Addendum
- Answers to questions from friends: 1 | 2 | 3
- AFF Survey | Survey on my bias, Dongwoo | Infinite Survey
- My Writing Workspace (and other photos)
- My Writing Process
- Writing Reflection Survey
- Status of Works In Progress
- Epic Fic Challenge (answering self-reflection questions on my works): Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7 | Day 8 | Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 11
- Recommended Reading and Writing Influences
- My old writing (for comparison/funsies): 2006 (excerpt from a fantasy story) | 2007 (informal writing reflection essay) | 2010 (school life romantic comedy and parody)
AFF and Writing Opinions
Definitions and Distinctions
- Fan Fiction: Professionalism and Criticism vs. Hating
- Classifying AFF Authors
- Further Distinctions within Criticism
- When Speaking of "Bad" Writing
- What constitutes bashing
Messages to Fellow Writers
- "Your writing sucks" and what it means for all of us.
- Who we write for
- What makes a writer a writer.
- Something we as writers shouldn't forget
- Bad grammar isn't the worst sin.
- Learning another language is difficult.
- When everything sounds like an excuse
- To all you young writers out there
Dos and Don'ts
- Top 5 Worst Assumptions for Fan Fiction Writers to Make
- Why the Korean language has no place in kpop fan fiction
- The Transfer Student Trend
- Non-/Part Korean Characters
- Use of Idol Stage Names and Group Names
- Honesty is the best policy
- Complaints About Review Shops and Advice to Current/Aspiring Reviewers
- Why I prefer AFF over lj
- Prejudice Against Het Fics and Female OCs
- The Problem with AFF: AFF as a Competitive Environment
- Quantity and Quality of Story Comments and the Author-Reader Dynamic on AFF
Morals in Fan Fiction
General Personal Message
Before I got into kpop and Infinite, I never wrote fan fiction. All I ever wrote was fantasy, pretty much, usually medieval fantasy. Then, in mid-2011, I decided combine my two hobbies of kpop and writing into one, and that took me into foreign territory. Not only was I writing fan fiction, I was writing urban fantasy and supernatural stuff rather than the stuff of my comfort zone. That has been an interesting and fun experience, to say the least.
I keep getting ideas for fics while I'm still occupied with an ongoing work, so bear with me if I suddenly take a break to start posting random oneshots or brand new fics. I intend to finish all of the fics I start, so don't worry that I'll leave you hanging for too long, or forever. I can't guarantee it, but so far I've had a perfect track record with it, lol.
If you have any critiques of my writing, please let me know. It helps me improve as a writer. But really, constructive feedback of any sort is always appreciated. :)
Plagiarism Notice: AFF is my primary place for posting fan fiction. I have posted three of my oneshots on livejournal, and you can find my earlier works on the No Limit Infinite International Forum. I have also posted some of my stories on a Tumblr blog separate from my personal Tumblr blog. I do not permit reposting or translating of my works. I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know if you see my stories elsewhere.
I'm Eris, a hardcore Inspirit and kpop fan. I'm a nerd (AND NOT AN ULZZANG WITH GLASSES, YO), among other things, not to mention a writer and artist. Asian, Taiwanese, and natural-born American citizen (and proud of it). Fluent in English, Mandarin, and Taiwanese. Learning Spanish and Korean.
Rocket scientist in-training. Literally. (Read as: aerospace engineering major.)
Deep thoughts, simple pleasures.
Surprisingly, I actually enjoy helping people.
I am not averse to expressing my opinions. However, I am not willfully blind to opinions that differ from my own. I enjoy conversation and debate.
I am straightforward and direct and perhaps brutally honest at times, but I am not unfair to people. I give them the benefit of the doubt.
If you want to be my friend, all that's necessary is talking to me a few times. Once you've done that much, I'll gladly accept a friend request. If we haven't talked before, then come talk to me!
The Friend Zone
Tia (TiaraL) | Zade (Scheherazade) | Jewell (MusicChibi)
My fellow AFF Warriors who are at the forefront of the AFF scene trying to make a difference in writing quality.
The Classy Broads: Eris, Jewell, Zade combo.
The name speaks for itself. LOL.
The Chinese Triumvirate: Eris, Tia, Zade combo.
Yeah, I'm Taiwanese, not Chinese. It's just a nickname based on a historical reference.
My twin who's three years younger and a different race and living in a different country but totally on my wavelength. Tamora Pierce fangirls forever. :D
My younger sister of the heart that I wish I could protect.
My go-to person for lengthy conversations and opinion exchanges.
smileysgoboing | blueskydevilz | xinli_ang | E_magine | soofle | YooniqueDJ | BlessedSoul | AprilsHearth | -ashes | lyssah | peodbear | baboracoon | hyo_jinki | missAminor | keep-the-faith | green_teax | ChocoPocky | Armanifan14 | BangingYongguk | TheHotDog | ChaoticaDarkAngel | PrincessOfRandom | shineecrazed | kisoap | shining_writer | Ai_Dami | unblurthefuture
My people that I can count on to comment on my blog and lurk on my wall and humor me and my rants and rambling.
Possibly my #1 fan on AFF since she writes the most flattering comments an author could ever receive.
The person who's always there to remind me not to take things too seriously.
gives me ridiculous feels, but
is my ultimate bias.
gif cr: esungyeol@tumblr
^ Back to Top