10 questions you need to ask your characters

I found this online and I kinda wanna share it because why not? I love making characters and I found this to help me create characters and stay on track of their thoughts and lives and natures and all that. These should be asked from every character individually. I think that it helps me, especially with stories where character development is important, and especially if it's a thriller like HHOO BOY.

1. How old are they? (And how old are they mentally? Are they a 40 year old in the body of a sixteen year old, or vice versa?)
2. Did they have a happy childhood? Why/why not?
3. Past/ present relationships? How did those affect them?
4. What do they care about?
5. What are they obsessed with?
6. Biggest fear?
7. What is the best thing that ever happened to them? The worst?
8. Most embarrassing thing that ever happened to them?
9. Biggest secret?
10. What is the one word you would use to define them?
PastelWolf88
4 days ago
@eunhaecupcake oh my god I do! I wrote a script for my comic about this girl, and in the beginning she was supposed to be this one girl's girlfriend, but something happened and they broke up. Even I was shook. Then she had this another girlfriend, and then they broke up, but even I knew that they weren't good for each other. And then she finally has someone who won't be treating her like trash like her previous girlfriends. And then the first ex is just a salty b*tch like. They do want they want, I don't know what's happening.
eunhaecupcake
4 days ago
@PastelWolf88 kekeke did you ever have the one OC that actually has a mind of their own while you're writing aka they tend to resist what you want to write and you have to mentally fight with them?
PastelWolf88
4 days ago
@jongdae-licious ahahah same though
PastelWolf88
4 days ago
@eunhaecupcake You're welcome ♥ I love making OCs so this is very helpful
jongdae-licious
4 days ago
@PastelWolf88 Because now when reading the question ... I realize how not matching my characters are ... need to edit them :) that's really helpful :)
eunhaecupcake
4 days ago
Oh god... may I please take a moment to say... thank you for making something like this. It actually is something I already do but seeing this again makes me want to write another fic using an OC... that isn't a baby because yeah.
PastelWolf88
4 days ago
@jongdae-licious you're welcome :) why's that?
jongdae-licious
4 days ago
Thank you for this :) I feel like all my characters need a change now ...
PastelWolf88
4 days ago
@euigeon My characters are way too gay for television. I just imagine them in movies but I think I watch too many thrillers whereas my characters are whiny es lmao
euigeon
4 days ago
@PastelWolf88 Ah, yeah. Also if you happen to watch movies which characters has similar feature or anything similar with ours, you began to put your character in it. XD At least that's me!
PastelWolf88
4 days ago
@euigeon I think about them all day and imagine what would happen to them. Like I saw their life in a film
euigeon
4 days ago
@PastelWolf88 AHAH. believe me, I talk to them while I shower and after that XD
PastelWolf88
4 days ago
@euigeon I love that feelings, when my character is alive. I've made a crapload of OCs and I always try to make them as human as possible. I talk about them like they were real.
euigeon
4 days ago
@PastelWolf88 True tbh. It makes me feel like my character is alive? Like I know them well. xD
PastelWolf88
4 days ago
@euigeon you're welcome :> I find it interesting too, like, it makes me feel close to my characters xD
euigeon
4 days ago
Woah, thank you. I find this interesting to do XD
PastelWolf88
4 days ago
@Geeky4ever you're welcome :>
Geeky4ever
4 days ago
Huh. These are actually good questions to ask about my characters. Thanks for the heads up. ^_^
PastelWolf88
5 days ago
@MissMinew I know that I have to do this to my long fic cause.......... I'm always afraid that I will lose who they are ;;
kitkat2099
5 days ago
Oh what a great idea
MissMinew
5 days ago
Nice ^^ I think I'll have to go over some of my ongoing stories (and maybe some of the old ones) to know if I know my characters as well as I think I do lmao