β„π”Όπ”Έβ„π•‹π•ŠΒ π”Έπ•ƒπ•€β„•π”Όπ”»

Hearts Aligned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Β β„π”Όπ”Έβ„π•‹π•ŠΒ π”Έπ•ƒπ•€β„•π”Όπ”»

It was a chilly autumn morning as Lily Jung stepped out of her beat-up old car, clad in her coziest hoodie and a pair of her mom's old jeans. The faint smell of manure wafted through the air, mingling with the crispness of the season. She made her way over to the small, unassuming building that housed the local animal shelter, a place she'd been volunteering at for the past few months. As she walked through the door, she was greeted by the usual array of barks, meows, and whimpers. The sound of animals in need was music to her ears.

Lily made her way to her usual station, where a litter of puppies lay curled up together in a cardboard box, their tiny pink noses twitching as they slept. She knelt down, her fingers itching to pet them, when a voice from behind caught her attention.

"Hey, aren't you that new girl from a few weeks back?"

Lily looked up, startled out of her reverie by the deep, accented voice. Standing before her was a tall, broad-shouldered figure clad in black jeans and a dark gray hoodie. His fingers were stained with dirt, and a pair of wire-framed glasses hung loosely from his neck. His black hair was ruffled, as if he'd been outside tending to the animals.

"Oh, hey! Um, yeah, that's me. I'm Lily," she replied, offering him her hand. "And you are...?"

The man chuckled, shaking her hand firmly. "Oh Sehun. But you can call me Shun." He gestured to the box of puppies. "I've been working on building them a new shelter out back. You want to help?"

Lily grinned, feeling a spark of excitement course through her. "I'd love to!" She stood up, brushing off her jeans. "What did you have in mind?"

Sehun gestured towards the backyard. "I've already got the materials laid out. We'll need to dig some holes for the posts, and then assemble the frame." He glanced at her, his eyes appraising. "You sure you can handle it? It's a bit of heavy lifting."

Lily rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. I've been lifting dogs all day. A few posts and boards won't be too bad." She flashed him a playful grin. "Besides, it's for the pups, right?"

Sehun chuckled, nodding in agreement. "You're right. Let's get to it, then." He turned and led her towards the backyard, his long strides easily keeping pace with her shorter ones. As they walked, she couldn't help but notice the way the sunlight played off his glasses, casting tiny rainbows across the lawn.

When they reached the backyard, Sehun pointed to a spot where a row of wooden posts had already been set up. "Okay, so here's what we're going to do. You take those posts, and I'll handle the boards." He handed her one of the posts, its weight surprisingly light given its size. "It's actually not as bad as it looks."

Lily nodded, taking the post from him. She gripped it firmly, feeling its rough texture against her skin. "I'm sure I'll manage," she said with a confidence she didn't entirely feel. She knelt down, steadying herself as she began to dig a hole for the post. The dirt was cool and moist beneath her fingers, and she could feel the faint tremors of the earth as animals shifted about in their enclosures nearby.

As she worked, she glanced up at Sehun. He was already busy setting up the first board, his movements fluid and efficient. His muscles rippled beneath his shirt as he lifted and maneuvered the heavy wood. There was something undeniably attractive about him, she thought, watching as he worked.

"So, Li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter